Official Opening Nite Setlist Blowout

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Sep 7 2012, 09:49 PM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Sep 7 2012, 09:42 PM)
This set list leaves me speechless...not really in a positive way

so WTF were you hoping for? that this is so bad? 3 drum solos? 2.gif

well, besides no jacobs ladder or losing it>>>>>?????????????????????

QUOTE (Alchemical @ Sep 7 2012, 08:51 PM)
A little underwhelmed by the ending of the show...if Manhattan Project and Red Sector A were swapped with Losing It and Jacob's Ladder and Working Man was taken out for La Villa or 2112, I'd be a lot more satisfied.

Killer first set though!!

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

Agreed 100%

Well, it may not have ended perfectly, but it was a blast "enjoying" the show with everyone here!

Thanks for the fun. Off to bed!

QUOTE (Shreddy Lee @ Sep 7 2012, 09:47 PM)
Can someone explain to me how and why Jacob's Ladder became the holy grail for so many people to have on the setlist? I mean, I think it's a fine song, but why so much focus on it? Even since last tour, and probably before?

If you've ever witnessed it live, you would know why.

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Sep 7 2012, 09:49 PM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Sep 7 2012, 09:42 PM)
This set list leaves me speechless...not really in a positive way

so WTF were you hoping for? that this is so bad? 3 drum solos? 2.gif

It's Rush..I will love it. It will be a blast. The Power Windows/Hold Your Fire era is my least favorite by far, so this is the least enthusiastic I've been about a setlist. Don't want to come off bitchy, just don't like the songs as much

But good for them for pulling out a bunch of "B" sides. But ONE song from the 70's? That amazes me . This is the opposite of the Time Machine tour...it's more like a setlist for the hardcores and for Rush themselves

I'm an "80's" guy. However, even I'm a tad disappointed. I thought maybe an 80's set, a CA set, then an older set. That would be balanced and make sense. To barely hint at anything before PW is odd to say the least. There was all this talk when CA came out that it was "ok for Rush to be influenced by Rush" (ak. bastille Day in HF).

I love the 80's stuff. Was totally jazzed by the 80's stuff. I just wished they would have balanced it out a bit more.

Guess we will have to wait for DC in 2 days and see if the list changes any. See if they are going to do some swaps on a show to show basis.

All great posts!

Time to tuck the ole lady in

I think that the R40 tour will be more like what some are/were expecting. This seemed like an acknowledgement of the 25th anniversary of the Hold Your Fire tour with CA thrown in.

Definitely some missed ops while they have strings (JL and Losing It) but let's remember this is opening night and they're still working out the bugs. Maybe we'll see some adjustments...

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Sep 7 2012, 07:52 PM)
Overall, great setlist! trink39.gif

Concur. Again our tastes are showing to be very similar my friend. I don't love it all, but really happy over seeing several songs I hadn't expected...M. Project, A. Kid, etc.