Official Opening Nite Setlist Blowout

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Woke up with a HUGE smile on my face and a voice which is showing the strains of singing (badly) for nearly three hours straight.

What a GREAT show.

Ignore the haters.. this setlist not only kicks some serious ass... but it works perfectly.

If that B setlist if real - I'm torn. I'd love to keep the A setlist, except replace the encore with 2112. Then it's perfect biggrin.gif

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Sep 8 2012, 08:52 AM)
QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Sep 8 2012, 08:31 AM)
50% good Rush, 50% bad-a failing grade in my book- Won't be at this show, sad to say..

Well then I don't see the point of Rush continuing this tour. But I am hoping when the Rush camp hears you will not be attending, changes to the setlist will be made

we can only hope. it's the only way i would go.

QUOTE (kevind2112 @ Sep 8 2012, 08:48 AM)
If that B setlist if real - I'm torn. I'd love to keep the A setlist, except replace the encore with 2112. Then it's perfect biggrin.gif

Yes, would assume The Pass for Bravado (much prefer Bravado)

Dreamline for Far Cry (Much prefer Far Cry)

Seven Cities is my least fav song on the album.

Middletown Dreams...meh.....what is up with the Power Windows obsession? One of my least fav Rush albums

2112 is a must

The B setlist doesn't do much for me....this setlist will be all about Clockwork Angels for me

Still very interested in hearing what the Limelight mystery is all about

QUOTE (daveyt @ Sep 7 2012, 10:25 PM)
SPOILERS

haha alex had the worst trainwreck i ever heard on the tom sawyer solo. he wrecked it so bad it was awesome and he knew it and laughed it off real good. alex looks real good btw.

i could not believe they played the body electric. i jumped out of my body with surprise! and grand designs was a special treat. i love power windows. that and territories was the best part of the show. no middletown dreams tho! that would have made my nite.

i loved the opening track. that was a sweet opener. i was holding out for jacobs ladder towards the end and i couldn't believe they didn't play it!

geddy seemed conservative yet his face was very into it. his voice sounded VERY GOOD. he had a new bass for a few songs: a fender that was a sweet mint green in color.

waaay too many songs in a row from the new album. just like the S & A tour but longer. i stopped watching rush and had my eyes fixed on that hot violin player: she was smokin' hot and she was really having fun. keep your eyes out for her. there were about 6 violin players jamming out.

i thought the light show was a little disappointing but my brother loved watching howard and his sidekick trying to figure it out at times ;]

saw some familiar faces: iluvgeddy who looked smokin' hot, bostonrush517, rushgal, chipper was rocking out (from the other boards).

the videos were cool and funny. alex has an interesting speaker cabinet set up: no speakers...just some ufo dish things that had neat effects throughout the show.

sweet placement of the drum solo in where's my thing it reminded me of exit stage left's solo "early in the show"

and dude had to plug in the band after a malfunction before a song i was like WTF with the tech difficulties already
just some thoughts from what stuck with me so far...

Great report. Thanks!

BostonRush517..was she "completed wasted"??

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Alchemical @ Sep 8 2012, 10:35 AM)
QUOTE (av450 @ Sep 8 2012, 09:33 AM)
If they add in Middletown dreams then it should replace something bad like red sector a

No way will that happen, it'll likely replace one of the four other PoW songs. Can you imagine a set with five songs from PoW?

Yep. I saw the Power Windows tour where 7 of the 8 songs were performed. Emotion Detector was the only song not played.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Sep 8 2012, 09:42 AM)
QUOTE (Alchemical @ Sep 8 2012, 10:35 AM)
QUOTE (av450 @ Sep 8 2012, 09:33 AM)
If they add in Middletown dreams then it should replace something bad like red sector a

No way will that happen, it'll likely replace one of the four other PoW songs. Can you imagine a set with five songs from PoW?

Yep. I saw the Power Windows tour where 7 of the 8 songs were performed. Emotion Detector was the only song not played.

That was the PoW tour so it makes sense! laugh.gif

Followed the set list last night - and was blown away! I got introduced to Rush in the '80's and as someone posted last night - this show was made for us "40-somethings".

Would have liked to have more from 70's, but lots of songs I haven't seen live - so I'm good.

I actually like how they rremoved many of their staples and focused on more "Deep tracks". Makes me think there is an R40 coming and it will be a collection from all over!

CAN'T WAIT til Charlotte!

2.gif

I live in Glasgow so i could obviously see Rush next year but think i'll be heading to the States on holiday so i watched along with the live set reveal.

This setlist is incredibly brave in my opinion because, as others have said, this is not a setlist for the masses. This is a setlist for a hardcore Rush fan.

In terms of the first set, some of my 80s faves are there. Subdivisions, The Analog Kid, Force Ten, The Big Money and The Body Electric are all big faves of mine. I even love Bravado.

Second set has all my CA faves although i'd swap Halo Effect for Seven Cities. In terms of the Jacobs Ladder/Losing It debate, i'd have Jacobs Ladder out of those two however i'd choose Xanadu or Natural Science well before Jacobs Ladder.

The encore is for the masses as any encore should be. If i do end up seeing the guys next year in Glasgow, i think i'll be enjoying myself a lot.

QUOTE (GotPeart @ Sep 8 2012, 09:51 AM)
Followed the set list last night - and was blown away! I got introduced to Rush in the '80's and as someone posted last night - this show was made for us "40-somethings".

Would have liked to have more from 70's, but lots of songs I haven't seen live - so I'm good.

I actually like how they rremoved many of their staples and focused on more "Deep tracks". Makes me think there is an R40 coming and it will be a collection from all over!

CAN'T WAIT til Charlotte!
2.gif

trink39.gif See ya there!! biggrin.gif

These YouTube videos confirm my suspicion of it being a boring concert. Hopefully they'll pull it together for next one. If they don't return next year I could care less.

Yes, disappointed...

Note: The entire conceptual idea for having a strings section was an absolutely piss-poor decision. Completely ridiculous and out of place in any Rush concert.

Yes, angry.

Edited by GeminiRising79

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Sep 8 2012, 11:31 AM)
These YouTube videos confirm my suspicion of it being a boring concert. Hopefully they'll pull it together for next one. If they don't return next year I could care less. Yes, disappointed.

Oh, so you're not going to the concerts this tour--whew! That means I can bring my kids laugh.gif

Has anybody pointed out a worthy CD yet?

Album review??? waiting...

It's a bit odd seeing the string section standing there dancing and nodding there heads in those clips, one guy was head banging a bit......Are they out there for the whole set? Even when they aren't needed in the songs?

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Sep 8 2012, 11:38 AM)
It's a bit odd seeing the string section standing there dancing and nodding there heads in those clips, one guy was head banging a bit......Are they out there for the whole set? Even when they aren't needed in the songs?

why not? NBD right? Does it distract you?

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 8 2012, 10:39 AM)

why not? NBD right? Does it distract you?

not really....but I'm just not a huge fan of them having the string section. I would've preferred the overdubs....like all the extra vocals...

FFS, they should've gone the whole distance and put old hippies in leotards to dance around in. Damn I didn't think things would approach this level of stupidity. You can surely bet it was Neil that orchestrated this atrocity.

Edited by GeminiRising79

QUOTE (Chief2112 @ Sep 8 2012, 01:02 AM)
Promise I'm not a troll. I had a login on here before but it's been awhile.

I have it on very good authority that there is a B setlist. It's been seen. I personally haven't been told exactly what songs will be switched out but here are the songs that will be played on the B list that are different from tonight's list.

"The Pass," "Middletown Dreams," "Dreamline," "Seven Cities of Gold," and "2112" for the encore.

Seems pretty legit based on tonight's list. I know the person who saw the list and gave me this info and I 100% trust them. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

BS They are not going to drop TS or TSOR for 2112

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Sep 8 2012, 12:42 PM)

FFS, they should've gone the whole distance and put old hippies in leotards to dance around in.

icon_really_happy_guy.gif