Official Opening Nite Setlist Blowout

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

well, I nearly wigged out when I saw the tornado footage on the Force Ten video. I mean, they kept the cartoon from the HYF tour, but the additional footage of actual storms plus the rescue efforts put that song way up there!

I'm a severe weather buff and I love watching footage of it.

QUOTE (Snaked @ Sep 7 2012, 10:43 PM)
Neil was late getting back onto his kit for Halo Effect and came in late

Alex's red Tele was nice.

yes.gif that was awesome he ran back to his kit and was way late and that guitar was sweet thanks for the reminders

neil dropped a stick but caught the others which is always a treat when he throws them up in the air. geddy had a funny t-shirt for the second set which had a picture of neil smiling in a faux graduation picture

QUOTE (daveyt @ Sep 8 2012, 01:57 AM)
QUOTE (Snaked @ Sep 7 2012, 10:43 PM)
Neil was late getting back onto his kit for Halo Effect and came in late

Alex's red Tele was nice.

yes.gif that was awesome he ran back to his kit and was way late and that guitar was sweet thanks for the reminders

neil dropped a stick but caught the others which is always a treat when he throws them up in the air. geddy had a funny t-shirt for the second set which had a picture of neil smiling in a faux graduation picture

I remember seeing the word "horny" behind Alex.

Promise I'm not a troll. I had a login on here before but it's been awhile.

I have it on very good authority that there is a B setlist. It's been seen. I personally haven't been told exactly what songs will be switched out but here are the songs that will be played on the B list that are different from tonight's list.

"The Pass," "Middletown Dreams," "Dreamline," "Seven Cities of Gold," and "2112" for the encore.

Seems pretty legit based on tonight's list. I know the person who saw the list and gave me this info and I 100% trust them. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Power windows should be forgotten, not embraced. At least there is lots of CA because it's fresh and exciting to me. The rest of the setlist is a huge disappointment. No 2112, Xanadu, La Villa, Red Barchetta, Natural Science, Trees.

I am bummed out now.

QUOTE (bootlegguy @ Sep 8 2012, 01:05 AM)
Power windows should be forgotten, not embraced. At least there is lots of CA because it's fresh and exciting to me. The rest of the setlist is a huge disappointment. No 2112, Xanadu, La Villa, Red Barchetta, Natural Science, Trees.

I am bummed out now.

Disagree. Power Windows should be embraced. I've heard Natural Science, Barchetta, and The Trees too often there for awhile while they mostly ignored their great mid 80's records. Nice to see them finally get around to it.

QUOTE (Chief2112 @ Sep 8 2012, 01:02 AM)

I have it on very good authority that there is a B setlist. It's been seen. I personally haven't been told exactly what songs will be switched out but here are the songs that will be played on the B list that are different from tonight's list.

"The Pass," "Middletown Dreams," "Dreamline," "Seven Cities of Gold," and "2112" for the encore.

Seems pretty legit based on tonight's list. I know the person who saw the list and gave me this info and I 100% trust them. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Holy schmokes!! Now those songs I can welcome.

Guess we'll find out if you're legit within a couple more shows then! 1022.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Sep 8 2012, 12:15 AM)
QUOTE (bootlegguy @ Sep 8 2012, 01:05 AM)
Power windows should be forgotten, not embraced.  At least there is lots of CA because it's fresh and exciting to me.  The rest of the setlist is a huge disappointment.  No 2112, Xanadu, La Villa, Red Barchetta, Natural Science, Trees.

I am bummed out now.

Disagree. Power Windows should be embraced. I've heard Natural Science, Barchetta, and The Trees too often there for awhile while they mostly ignored their great mid 80's records. Nice to see them finally get around to it.

I'm with you. Maybe it's just that I've been to too many Rush shows or that I have too many live albums/videos and bootlegs but I just can't even relate to "Man! I hope they play Red Barchetta!" or "They better play 2112!". I mean, it's not like I don't like that stuff but I'd rather hear anything other than the same "radio/hits package" songs over and over and over. For me by far the low point of this show is the last 4 songs.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Sep 7 2012, 08:54 PM)
Many were still during the garden but I did nit witness anyone crying.  Mostly silently awed.

Fixed:

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Sep 7 2012, 08:54 PM)
Many were still during the garden but I did nit witness anyone crying.  Mostly bored as f**k.

Set 1

Subdivisions
The Big Money
Force 10
Grand Designs
The Body Electric
Territories
Analog Kid
Bravado
Where's My Thing
Far Cry

Intermission

Set 2

Caravan
Clockwork Angels
The Anarchist
Carnies
The Wreckers
Headlong Flight
Wish Them Well
The Garden
Manhatten Project
Red Sector A
YYZ
Working Man

Encore

Tom Sawyer
The Spirit of Radio

^ This is the setlist?

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Sep 7 2012, 10:15 PM)
I've been following along but haven't posted yet so I'll put various thoughts in one post.

1. For me, I freaking love this set. As someone who has seen Rush over 30 times and owns every single album/live album/dvd and about 100 bootlegs the fresher the set the better for me. That's why I loved the S&A set so much.

2. This is as close as we'll realistically get to a "B-sides" tour.

3. Like a few others the only part that's actually somewhat disappointing for me is the last four songs. I'm not exactly unhappy about them and they've got to throw a few standards in there for the masses but for me personally those are the least interesting ones.

4. I absolutely love the new album so the more the better, would have also loved to hear Seven Cities.

5. As far as songs like Limelight and Freewill a few of you seem to be acting like those are always played, that's not true at all. Of course, they're very common but they've been skipped here and there. Freewill wasn't played most recently on the R30 tour and also missed the Counterparts and Hold Your Fire tours and others. Limelight was only played on the last leg of the TFE tour and wan't played at all on the Presto and Grace Under Pressure tours.

6. As far as Jacob's Ladder goes, I was shocked reading along at everybody's expectations of hearing it. First of all, I hate to pick on anybody but from what I remember that Tony guy is basically someone that likes to mess with people. Not quite a troll but just likes to feel "smarter than". We know JL was rehearsed for the last tour and didn't make it and Neil specifically addressed this on his most recent instructional dvd where he confirmed they tried it but dropped it because sometimes "You can't go back again" and he seemed pretty adamant about it. Obviously, it's possible he could have changed his mind but that seemed incredibly unlikely only one tour later if you watched him talk about it.

7. I'm really excited to see this show but I'm also realistic enough to know that the overwhelming majority of the crowd goes to see Rush to hear what they know from the radio. I'm afraid standing in the crowd is going to ruin most of my enjoyment because of the constant bitching throughout. I'd bet 75% of the typical audience has never even heard the names The Body Electric or Grand Designs or Territories, much less the new songs. It's going to be one long draining night of "Play 2112!!!!!!", and "Play Freewill!!!!!!!!!" and "Play Limelight!!!!!" while I'm trying to hear the songs. I sure hope I'm wrong but I've spend too many evenings standing near a "fan" who spends over 2 hours between every single song yelling "Tom Sawyer!! Tom Sawyer!!" to expect anything different. But thank you Rush for having the courage to play so much off the radar stuff, especially after the incredibly standards-heavy Time Machine tour (although I loved the first set).

Anyway, there, I'm done! laugh.gif

smile.gif

That about sums it up for me.

More pleasant surprises ( for me) than any set ever and there have been quite a few good ones in the recent past, but nothing like this.

The album is a gift that keeps on giving and the set is just icing on the cake.

Hopefully the scalper market just crashed and I can go to another show or two.

QUOTE (dtpoet @ Sep 7 2012, 09:44 PM)
Earlier today - Tony R was quoted as saying -" Losing It, Territories, and Jacobs Ladder on the set list."

When asked by someone; "Tony Do you have a view of the setlist?", he replied "Indeed I do!"

Guess not -

Yes...why would he do that?

QUOTE (daveyt @ Sep 8 2012, 02:51 PM)

the set list had some nice surprises but i wish rush would keep going with that and keep up with the deep cuts: scrap force 10 and big money and bravado and go balls deep. i enjoy those songs but there is a huge vat of other songs to choose from so i agree with others who chimed in about this.

Yo davey!

Yeah, though I like Force 10, Big Money, and Bravado I can also do without them in exchange for some AFTK or something not usually touched in the 80s. Oh well. trink38.gif

Thanks guys. I've just read the last 70-odd pages. f***ing hilarious. Love the enthusiasm, and the bitching. It's all good.

That was such a curveball of a setlist. Incredible. I hope it does not change too much before 2013's European sojourn.

80's deep cut heaven and the best of CA. Throw in beers and Rush buddies, you've got the perfect night out!

Looking forward to my own Manchester gig! And Sheffield! And Glasgow!!!!!

2.gif

The more I think about it, the more I'm really looking forward to this setlist. The first set is just freakin amazing, with the exception of Far Cry which really just doesn't belong with all the 80s material. The synth era is my favorite, but even I think they choose too many songs from that time period. I would have liked to hear some deeper cuts from, say, T4E or even VT (Vapor Trail, The Color of Right, How It Is).

I wasn't too surprised to see that there's almost nothing from the 70s. I'm sure they tried out some songs, but Ged probably just cannot sing them anymore, even if they're tuned down.

Also, is there any song on the setlist that hasn't been played live before, with the exception of CA of course? I don't think there is sad.gif

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Sep 8 2012, 02:17 AM)
Set 1

Subdivisions
The Big Money
Force 10
Grand Designs
The Body Electric
Territories
Analog Kid
Bravado
Where's My Thing
Far Cry

Intermission

Set 2

Caravan
Clockwork Angels
The Anarchist
Carnies
The Wreckers
Headlong Flight
Wish Them Well
The Garden
Manhatten Project
Red Sector A
YYZ
Working Man

Encore

Tom Sawyer
The Spirit of Radio

^ This is the setlist?

Yeah, except it's missing Halo Effect. I believe that came on before WTW

QUOTE (Chief2112 @ Sep 8 2012, 12:02 AM)

The Pass for Bravado and Dreamline for Far Cry hopefully. Don't want to see the others go. Seven Cities for WTW? I dunno, I'll believe it when I see it.

QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Sep 8 2012, 08:14 AM)
QUOTE (Chief2112 @ Sep 8 2012, 12:02 AM)
Promise I'm not a troll.  I had a login on here before but it's been awhile. 

I have it on very good authority that there is a B setlist.  It's been seen.  I personally haven't been told exactly what songs will be switched out but here are the songs that will be played on the B list that are different from tonight's list. 

Seems pretty legit based on tonight's list.  I know the person who  saw the list and gave me this info and I 100% trust them.  Guess we'll find out soon enough.

The Pass for Bravado and Dreamline for Far Cry hopefully.

that's not helping.