Official Opening Nite Setlist Blowout

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I love the setlist...nothing like i expected, but very happy. There's a few songs i dont like and this one has fewer than the last few tours.

Very, very, very disappointed that Losing It did not make it.

Cant wait for Nov 3!

I think they dropped the ball after the Clockwork Angles stuff. I dunno, add 10-15 minutes for some more songs and a little bit of imagination for the encore wouldn't have hurt. Hopefully, they will rotate a few songs to shake things up for us and them. With that said, I can't imagine I won't have a good time when I see them in October.

Man, I don't envy the position they are in when picking a set-list.... too much STUFF!

Edited by ReRushed

Not a perfect setlist, but I'm still looking forward to hearing some of those songs that I haven't heard live in 25 years. + the new strings arrangements.

Roll the Bones was 1991, so three songs total not 1980's -- besides CA.

4 songs off Power Windows?

No Limelight, Freewill, 2112, Trees, Xanadu, Closer to the Heart...

No Jacobs Ladder.

Show is over....

I would assume that most of those who attend Rush concerts aren't the "uber" fans that we are, so they have to play Tom Sawyer. They'll ALWAYS have to play Tom Sawyer. I bet a lot of those who went tonight thought "what's up with all this new shit".

I think too if they were going to the trouble of bringing out a string section, they missed an opportunity to do Xanadu and/or Losing It with live strings.

I'm glad they did as much of CA as they did.

Hell, they're almost 60 and played 25 songs for nearly 3 hours. I should just shut up and enjoy!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Khan @ Sep 7 2012, 10:54 PM)
QUOTE (dayglow76 @ Sep 7 2012, 10:49 PM)
Let the bitching pissing and moaning begin.

That started a long time ago...

Yep. It was an awesome set until YYZ.

damn it's 6 am already. The ending was slightly disappointment but overall the setlist was pretty good. I would like have to heard Xanadu, Jacob's Ladder or Losing It but oh well you can't get everything.

Now really looking forward bootlegs and tour vids!

I saw Jacobs Ladder on the PW tour, it didn't get a huge response then...what makes you people think it would now. While I love Losing It, this would not go over well live. You people are as nuts, as well as the ones that think they would ever play The Necromancer and the Fountain of Lamneth.

QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Sep 7 2012, 10:55 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Sep 7 2012, 07:52 PM)
Overall, great setlist! trink39.gif

Concur. Again our tastes are showing to be very similar my friend. I don't love it all, but really happy over seeing several songs I hadn't expected...M. Project, A. Kid, etc.

I would have liked some deep 90s cut instead of the deep 80s cuts, but overall, awesome.

And I don't care much for Losing It or Jacob's Ladder, so that's no problem.

biggrin.gif

It's interesting how many of us predicted three or four songs from Signals and we instead got four songs from Power Windows. I just can't understand it. One cut from Permanent Waves and only two cuts from Moving Pictures? Not even a Limelight or Red Barchetta? Beyond strange. Sorry to complain, just my reaction.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Sep 7 2012, 09:56 PM)

Yep. It was an awesome set until Working Man.

Fixed

QUOTE (dtpoet @ Sep 7 2012, 09:44 PM)
Earlier today - Tony R was quoted as saying -" Losing It, Territories, and Jacobs Ladder on the set list."

When asked by someone; "Tony Do you have a view of the setlist?", he replied "Indeed I do!"

Guess not -

Well no Jacobs Ladder or Losing It! Man that really deflated my expectations. Who knows? Maybe the technical difficulties forced them take out a couple of songs. They also started late, maybe there's noise ordenance at the site as well. Anyway, I don't Think Tony R would have reported that if he actually hadn't seen it. He's a pretty cool guy!

There's always the Next show, Maybe they'll mix it up.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (TheAnalogDad @ Sep 7 2012, 09:54 PM)
I think that the R40 tour will be more like what some are/were expecting. This seemed like an acknowledgement of the 25th anniversary of the Hold Your Fire tour with CA thrown in.

Definitely some missed ops while they have strings (JL and Losing It) but let's remember this is opening night and they're still working out the bugs. Maybe we'll see some adjustments...

You mean Power Windows/GuP/Sig/CA.

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Sep 7 2012, 10:58 PM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Sep 7 2012, 09:56 PM)

Yep. It was an awesome set until Working Man.

Fixed

Fair enough. Now if they would only swap out Working Man with Jacob's Ladder and do something about that encore, anything.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 7 2012, 09:57 PM)
QUOTE (dayglow76 @ Sep 7 2012, 09:49 PM)

one thing's for sure, i won't be attending this tour. biggrin.gif

That means we should all follow in this guy's footsteps and boycott RUSH! It's the latest trend!

PHUK CLOCKWERK 80'S

FAREWELL TO KINGS OR GTFO

Nah Clockwork 80's is the shit and I can't friggen wait new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 7 2012, 09:58 PM)
QUOTE (dtpoet @ Sep 7 2012, 09:44 PM)
Earlier today - Tony R was quoted as saying -" Losing It, Territories, and Jacobs Ladder on the set list."

When asked by someone; "Tony Do you have a view of the setlist?", he replied "Indeed I do!"

Guess not -

Well no Jacobs Ladder or Losing It! Man that really deflated my expectations. Who knows? Maybe the technical difficulties forced them take out a couple of songs. They also started late, maybe there's noise ordenance at the site as well. Anyway, I don't Think Tony R would have reported that if he actually hadn't seen it. He's a pretty cool guy!

There's always the Next show, Maybe they'll mix it up.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I really hope so

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Sep 7 2012, 07:57 PM)
QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Sep 7 2012, 10:55 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Sep 7 2012, 07:52 PM)
Overall, great setlist! trink39.gif

Concur. Again our tastes are showing to be very similar my friend. I don't love it all, but really happy over seeing several songs I hadn't expected...M. Project, A. Kid, etc.

I would have liked some deep 90s cut instead of the deep 80s cuts, but overall, awesome.

And I don't care much for Losing It or Jacob's Ladder, so that's no problem.

biggrin.gif

And again we agree....JL's good but not the Holy Grail to me that some folks feel it is. And I am definitely no fan of Losing It. And some deep 90s would have been good...Totem maybe?

QUOTE (pony2112 @ Sep 7 2012, 09:53 PM)
I've seen them 42 times since the 2112 tour, so I like the set list. But, the casual fan will NOT like this tour. The lack of radio hits is totally shocking.

That's what I liked. Not so many "hits" . Not horrible, just wish a few oddities would have made the cut.. it WOULD have been the perfect opportunity for Losing It, though....

I'm not a fan of the late 80's material, and especially not POW, but even I can appreciate the first set for being something new and different, stuff they don't usually play, and I know it's made some people very happy so that's cool with me (and I really can't wait to watch them shred the hell out of Analog Kid). My only real disappointment with this setlist is the encore, which is a bit boring, but that's a minor gripe. Overall, I like it. Very excited to see the CA songs live.