Prepare yourself.......

Mr Rush

Three always winners and losers. For me, the fact that the band i first admired over 30 years ago is still making music and touri g with original material is all I need. The fact that I can take my son to his first concert and hear the band I love and loved when I was his age is all I need.

Regardless of what is on the seist, I can't lose....

I feel the same way. My friends and I were saying yesterday if you had said back when MP came out that the band would still be making music and touring in 2012 no one would have believed it. Let's appreciate that tonight and not worry so much about what's on the set list.

While I agree whole-heartedly with both of you, you know we're going to see a rash of set list complaints from the usual suspects. Heck, we're already seeing that in another spoiler thread, and the band hasn't played a single note yet!

As has been discussed ad naseum, with a band with as long a history and deep a well as Rush, the chances that they will play your ideal set list is essentially zero.

I only have to wait one week before seeing them in Chicago, and will try to avoid the set list threads and be as spoiler free as possible.

Lord OP I know.

I can't take it.

The setlist will be great. Like all of them have been. If you don't like it....sell your tickets and hide under a rock.

It's f***ing Rush.....live!!!!! What more could you want. They always bring it!!!

The complaining happens with every band when it comes to their setlist no matter how good it is. Yet when you see Rush live you don't hear any bitching or booing in the audience when they play certain songs a lot of people seem to be against, strange isn't it? You think that would be the time for all of you setlist bashers to band together and let Rush know how much you disapprove of some of their selections. That won't happen though because you would be expressing yourself out in public where people can see and hear you instead of safely and anonymously at your computer.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Sep 7 2012, 07:38 AM)
The complaining happens with every band when it comes to their setlist no matter how good it is. Yet when you see Rush live you don't hear any bitching or booing in the audience when they play certain songs a lot of people seem to be against, strange isn't it? You think that would be the time for all of you setlist bashers to band together and let Rush know how much you disapprove of some of their selections. That won't happen though because you would be expressing yourself out in public where people can see and hear you instead of safely and anonymously at your computer.

People were very restless during Workin' Them Angels on the TMT. Pretty sure I heard a couple groans, maybe the crowd I surrounded myself with just happened to be insatiable. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Alchemical @ Sep 7 2012, 09:41 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Sep 7 2012, 07:38 AM)

People were very restless during Workin' Them Angels on the TMT. Pretty sure I heard a couple groans, maybe the crowd I surrounded myself with just happened to be insatiable. tongue.gif

Ah well, screw 'em trink38.gif

QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ Sep 7 2012, 06:01 AM)
While I agree whole-heartedly with both of you, you know we're going to see a rash of set list complaints from the usual suspects. Heck, we're already seeing that in another spoiler thread, and the band hasn't played a single note yet!

As has been discussed ad naseum, with a band with as long a history and deep a well as Rush, the chances that they will play your ideal set list is essentially zero.

I only have to wait one week before seeing them in Chicago, and will try to avoid the set list threads and be as spoiler free as possible.

I shall see you in Chicago, my friend. We'll find out about the setlist in the same stadium together. laugh.gif

QUOTE (dtpoet @ Sep 7 2012, 05:38 AM)
Three always winners and losers. For me, the fact that the band i first admired over 30 years ago is still making music and touri g with original material is all I need. The fact that I can take my son to his first concert and hear the band I love and loved when I was his age is all I need.

Regardless of what is on the seist, I can't lose....

Always has been, always will be my attitude.

Been a fan since 1976, saw my first show in 1984, and went 11 times...I never complained about the setlist! (and I never will)

I will see the band whenever I can.

shame on anyone who bitches or whines!!! it's F-in!! RUSH!!!....It's like getting an extra 1000.00 on your paycheck!! so you do dont "love"1or2

songs..go get a BEER!!! 2.gif 1022.gif trink38.gif

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Sep 7 2012, 09:05 AM)
QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ Sep 7 2012, 06:01 AM)

I shall see you in Chicago, my friend. We'll find out about the setlist in the same stadium together. laugh.gif

Can't wait!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I'll be excited whatever they play. Some I will have heard before (Tom Sawyer is a gimme) but this will be my girlfriends first show and I know songs that I've seen before will be a new experience for her, so I'll be excited whatever the setlist is. Tom Sawyer won't excited me as much as it did the first time, but it will excite her and that will make it worth it.

From rumors and interviews it looks like there will be a good mix though! Hopefully many many songs I haven't seen before!