Okay, time for me to be honest

FountainOfSyrinx

So very sorry for your loss. rose.gif

My Mom felt the same way about Rush but I know she would have loved "The Garden" just as your Mom would have. It's a song that reaches across ages and touches everyone who hears it. Keep her garden in your memory... that's what those who stay behind do to keep the ones we love and lose alive. Blessed Be.

Sorry to hear of your loss rose.gif But I'm glad that you can find some solace and peace in The Garden.

Couldn't agree more that I am sure the boys would feel extremely humbled by the fact you have so much emotion and so many memories associated with the piece.

Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Best wishes to you and yours. May your mother RIP

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 6 2012, 09:35 PM)
I'm only 17, and my mom passed away almost two months ago from complications to her liver. She never liked Rush really, because she always thought they were too hardcore. She thought Closer to the Heart was good, until it sounded "like Rush", which always cracked me and my Dad up.. Rush came out with Garden, she passed away about a month later, and it just hit me how much the song really means to me. It really clicks, because if she was here to hear it, she would love it, and she was the definition of loved and respected, which makes me feel like Neil is talking directly to me about my mom. It's her kind of music. The song itself is kind of about death, and the song itself is very beautiful. This never hit me until now, just how much it reminds me of her, and I think about of her every time I hear it. Alex's solo makes me almost cry (i'm a "no-emotion" teenager, ya know), because it's so full of emotion.

This song might be my favorite Rush song, ever. We will play it at her wake.

I had to get it off my chest, to people who'd understand.

Beautiful tribute. My condolences to you, your dad, and anyone who loved your mom.

rose.gif

I echo the comments about The Garden as well.

I lost my mom a year ago to liver cancer. And I know how you feel.

There are a few songs that remind me of her, though TG is not one of them. I would however love to have it played at my memorial in another 40 years as it has so much reflective meaning to it.

Bless you buddy! sad.gif

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 6 2012, 10:35 PM)
I'm only 17, and my mom passed away almost two months ago from complications to her liver. She never liked Rush really, because she always thought they were too hardcore. She thought Closer to the Heart was good, until it sounded "like Rush", which always cracked me and my Dad up.. Rush came out with Garden, she passed away about a month later, and it just hit me how much the song really means to me. It really clicks, because if she was here to hear it, she would love it, and she was the definition of loved and respected, which makes me feel like Neil is talking directly to me about my mom. It's her kind of music. The song itself is kind of about death, and the song itself is very beautiful. This never hit me until now, just how much it reminds me of her, and I think about of her every time I hear it. Alex's solo makes me almost cry (i'm a "no-emotion" teenager, ya know), because it's so full of emotion.

This song might be my favorite Rush song, ever. We will play it at her wake.

I had to get it off my chest, to people who'd understand.

What a beautiful tribute.

May she rest in peace.

We played it at her wake, and needless to say, there were few dry eyes.. from people that don't even have any clue who or what Rush is, because they appreciated the song as well as her life. It was great.

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Oct 4 2012, 02:00 AM)
We played it at her wake, and needless to say, there were few dry eyes.. from people that don't even have any clue who or what Rush is, because they appreciated the song as well as her life. It was great.

hug2.gif FountainOfSyrinx hug2.gif

It sounds like it was a beautiful moment on the hardest of days. I'm getting misty just thinking about it. My thoughts are with you and you family. smile.gif