Spoilers or no spoilers?

twwells

I'm going to the Pittsburgh show on the 11th, and didn't see another thread on this topic so I just wanted to get opinions from some Rush tour vets out there. I'd really like to be surprised by the setlist when i go to the show, but don't want someone near me to say they can't wait to finally hear "X" song next or what have you. Has this ever been an issue with anyone, because I would rather just spoil myself tomorrow then possibly get aggravated next week at the concert. Thoughts?

QUOTE (twwells @ Sep 6 2012, 07:24 PM)
I'm going to the Pittsburgh show on the 11th, and didn't see another thread on this topic so I just wanted to get opinions from some Rush tour vets out there. I'd really like to be surprised by the setlist when i go to the show, but don't want someone near me to say they can't wait to finally hear "X" song next or what have you. Has this ever been an issue with anyone, because I would rather just spoil myself tomorrow then possibly get aggravated next week at the concert. Thoughts?

No you won't have a problem because 95% of the people in the crowd do not know the setlist, and the ones that do play pretty pennies to be up close, so you should be fine. I say avoid anything involving Rush on-line until after the show, never know what you may come across that you didn't want to see

I kinda have a different situation. I'm going to the second show (DC) and would like a setlist to prep my wife. She doesn't know the whole catalog and I'd like to make sure she has heard the songs before the show. She enjoys the concert more that way. However, I don't want to know anything else about the show. Hopefully there is a place on here to get a setlist but no other spoilers. Knowing the setlist doesn't take away my enjoyment of hearing the songs performed.

QUOTE (djfunkywill @ Sep 6 2012, 07:49 PM)
I kinda have a different situation. I'm going to the second show (DC) and would like a setlist to prep my wife. She doesn't know the whole catalog and I'd like to make sure she has heard the songs before the show. She enjoys the concert more that way. However, I don't want to know anything else about the show. Hopefully there is a place on here to get a setlist but no other spoilers. Knowing the setlist doesn't take away my enjoyment of hearing the songs performed.

setlist.fm will have it by tomorrow evening, that's all you need.

Thanks for the quick responses! I'm actually going to the Cleveland show as well and just wanted to "have it both ways" I guess. I knew the setlist on the last tour and it was amazing, although it was also my first Rush show and would have been awesome anyway. Thanks for the input I really appreciate it

I was sure that I was not going to peek until I logged in today and the excitement of a new tour was exploding from my computer screen. I have decided to just embrace it. There are only so many tours left and I just don't think I can wait until September 22. My wife is not the fan I am and if I can tell here that they are playing Closer To The Heart it will be a bonus.

I'm taking my wfe. I originally wanted the setlist so I could get her familiar with Rush songs she's not familiar with. But the more I thought about it, the more I wanted an unspoiled CA tour. So I asked her tonight if she'd like to know the setlist and hear it. And she said no. cool.gif

It's her first Rush show. The only other concert she went with me to was Paul Mcca. She loved it. I was telling her about the strings, and that they'd play Tom Sawyer for her : wub.gif I've been spoiled before, but I loved when Faithless came on the TM tour and I didn't know it. biggrin.gif

I'm going in without knowing, if I can help it. TRF is a dangerous board now. I already saw Tony talk about there the strings were. I know too much already 1287.gif

trink38.gif 2.gif , who are playing as I type 1022.gif