Clockwork Angels: The Novel Discussion

thizzellewashington

It's not the greatest writing, but it's okay. If Rush had nothing to do with this, I wouldn't read it. But they DO have something to do with this, and I can at least appreciate how it fleshes-out the story of the album a bit.

This is why I have no interest in reading it. IF it was the kind of thing I would read without the involvement of Rush, that's one thing, but it's not the kind of thing I would read normally.

I don't know, I'm glad Rush have a concept album, and it's a truly excellent album, but making it into a full blown novel seems a bit over the top. Reading the lyrics and liner notes to a concept album seems more than enough for me. I've probably only read the 2112 liner notes maybe twice in my life.

Its a good book Goober and an easy read. Might shed some light on certain songs as well!

;)

It's not the greatest writing, but it's okay. If Rush had nothing to do with this, I wouldn't read it. But they DO have something to do with this, and I can at least appreciate how it fleshes-out the story of the album a bit.

This is why I have no interest in reading it. IF it was the kind of thing I would read without the involvement of Rush, that's one thing, but it's not the kind of thing I would read normally.

I don't know, I'm glad Rush have a concept album, and it's a truly excellent album, but making it into a full blown novel seems a bit over the top. Reading the lyrics and liner notes to a concept album seems more than enough for me. I've probably only read the 2112 liner notes maybe twice in my life.

Its a good book Goober and an easy read. Might shed some light on certain songs as well!

;)

meh - it's just a bit much for an album. i enjoy the album, but the story doesn't seem strong enough for literature - it's too much to ask of a concept album. and wtf do i know - it might be genius, but i'll never know...

• Like 1

;)

meh - it's just a bit much for an album. i enjoy the album, but the story doesn't seem strong enough for literature - it's too much to ask of a concept album. and wtf do i know - it might be genius, but i'll never know...

Oh it hardly genius, if I can relate to it!

:laughing guy:

Hi, I'm new here, this is my first post/reply. Has anyone read any of Anderson's other books? How does CA compare with his other stuff? I've read dozens and dozens of other sci-fi/fantasy authors and I've read everything Neal has written (each at least twice, because apparently I have no life) but haven't read anything else of Anderson's.

Hi, I'm new here, this is my first post/reply. Has anyone read any of Anderson's other books? How does CA compare with his other stuff? I've read dozens and dozens of other sci-fi/fantasy authors and I've read everything Neal has written (each at least twice, because apparently I have no life) but haven't read anything else of Anderson's.

I haven't read any of his other books, but I enjoyed this one. Some have not.

Mainly, I just wanted to post to welcome you to TRF! :hi:

• Like 1

Canadians are so polite...
  • Like 1

I've finished the first two chapters. I find it a lot better than I expected. I'm really picky when it comes to reading books for amusement and I find it especially difficult to immerse myself in a book that isn't science fiction. I'll get through it slowly but surely, especially since I'm always busy with school or work. So far so good. :D
  • Like 1

Thanks for the welcome, CygnusGal! :) :) :)

I loved CA, by the way. I got a huge kick out of the way the lyrics from some of Rush's music were interwoven with the storyline. It's on my To Do list to go through the entire book at some point and try to annotate it at the spots where the lyrics occur. I'm a Spotify user and am thinking I'm going to make a playlist to go with the book. I did that with Ghost Rider and made a playlist of all of the songs Neil pulls the lyrics from at the beginnings and ends of all the chapters. Yep, you guessed it, I'm all about Neil. :Neil:
  • Like 2

kkdalloway - welcome and nice name! :)

kkdalloway - welcome and nice name! :)

Thanks, Babycat! It's wonderful to be here!:)

I just started reading this and I am moving through it pretty quickly. I am finding it quite entertaining.

I've got to the part where Owen Hardy finally sees the Clockwork Angels. It's fascinating. :)

I just started reading this and I am moving through it pretty quickly. I am finding it quite entertaining.

I've got to the part where Owen Hardy finally sees the Clockwork Angels. It's fascinating. :)

Finished it - very good! :ebert:

Hey Babycat,

Would you believe that I still haven't finished the book even though I got it before my two shows in Sept? Haven't had some good quality book reading time yet....

Hey Babycat,

Would you believe that I still haven't finished the book even though I got it before my two shows in Sept? Haven't had some good quality book reading time yet....

I can believe that - I've done that with another book from Stephen King, funnily enough.

I'm where Owen meets the carnies the second time. I really love reading it during my daily commute. It's pretty hard to put down when I finally reach my stop.

I finished the book early this week. Apart from the cringe worthy Rush rush references (the Dreamline reference was the only well placed one) it was a fantastic book.