Breaking News: Spoiler Alert

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Alchemical @ Sep 6 2012, 05:42 PM)
Just found this...

QUOTE (farcryoverspilledmilk @ Sep 6 2012, 12:39 PM)
If they stick to the rumored 3 hours and 10 mins of music they have planned then there is plenty of time for this.

Intro
Prelude - Hemispheres
The Big Money
Limelight
Subdivisions
The Pass
Time Stand Still
Caravan
BU2B
Clockwork Angels
The Anarchist
Carnies
Halo Effect
Seven Cities of Gold

Intermission

The Wreckers
Headlong Flight
BU2B2
Wish Them Well
The Garden
Losing It
Manhattan Project
Marathon
Nobody's Hero

Where's My Thing?
Drum Solo
Alex Solo
The Trees
Xanadu
Jacobs Ladder

Encore

Malignant Narcissism
The Spirit of Radio
Tom Sawyer
2112 Overture/Temples/Grand Finale

Anyone else think it's just a little bit of a coincidence that farcryoverspilledmilk happened to guess four of the songs from the supposed "confirmed" songs list in his setlist prediction from a couple days ago? They all follow each other too...

Guessing TSoR or TS isn't anything unusual but the fact that he guessed four of the seven songs he happened to learn were on the setlist does raise some questions over the validity of this thread.

nice work. that confirms it's a hoax. end of thread. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 6 2012, 06:47 PM)
QUOTE (Alchemical @ Sep 6 2012, 05:42 PM)
Just found this...

If they stick to the rumored 3 hours and 10 mins of music they have planned then there is plenty of time for this.

Intro
Prelude - Hemispheres
The Big Money
Limelight
Subdivisions
The Pass
Time Stand Still
Caravan
BU2B
Clockwork Angels
The Anarchist
Carnies
Halo Effect
Seven Cities of Gold

Intermission

The Wreckers
Headlong Flight
BU2B2
Wish Them Well
The Garden
Losing It
Manhattan Project
Marathon
Nobody's Hero

Where's My Thing?
Drum Solo
Alex Solo
The Trees
Xanadu
Jacobs Ladder

Encore

Malignant Narcissism
The Spirit of Radio
Tom Sawyer
2112 Overture/Temples/Grand Finale

Anyone else think it's just a little bit of a coincidence that farcryoverspilledmilk happened to guess four of the songs from the supposed "confirmed" songs list in his setlist prediction from a couple days ago? They all follow each other too...

Guessing TSoR or TS isn't anything unusual but the fact that he guessed four of the seven songs he happened to learn were on the setlist does raise some questions over the validity of this thread.

nice work. that confirms it's a hoax. end of thread. biggrin.gif

Well we'll know tomarrow night if it's a hoax.

QUOTE (shail @ Sep 6 2012, 04:47 PM)
This guy is pulling everyone's chains. They are not playing loosing it or anything off power windows or HYF. The crap people post.

I don't think this thread is right but what makes you think they won't play anything off those albums? I can't remember a tour where at least something off of either Power Windows or HYF wasn't played.

Just had breakfast with a journalist for the Union Leader Newspaper and a fellow Rush fan. Here is what was relayed to me with regards to the set list.

The band has made the decision to rehearse the entire record and leave the options open this round to drop 2 and put 2 songs in. The complete record will not be performed on a nightly basis.

Manhattan Project, Marathon, and Nobody's Hero are in the set. Other songs that have been part of the rehearsals with strings outside of the CA songs include Losing It, Second Nature, Spirit of Radio, 2112, and Animate.

Is that 2112 in it's entirety?

Just had breakfast with a journalist for the Union Leader Newspaper and a fellow Rush fan. Here is what was relayed to me with regards to the set list.

The band has made the decision to rehearse the entire record and leave the options open this round to drop 2 and put 2 songs in. The complete record will not be performed on a nightly basis.

Manhattan Project, Marathon, and Nobody's Hero are in the set. Other songs that have been part of the rehearsals with strings outside of the CA songs include Losing It, Second Nature, Spirit of Radio, 2112, and Animate.

I just took a listen to Second Nature...oh yeah it's on Hold Your Fire (I call it Hold Your Nose), one of my least favorite albums. Blech. Synthy period stuff. I honestly listened to the whole song trying to find something redeeming...just not there. Sounds like antiseptic Mall music. Major buzzkill song.

Guess I use that one as a sit down break.

Other than that I guess I'm ok with the rest of the list so far.

QUOTE (anchorman @ Sep 6 2012, 05:25 PM)
I wish the song Second Nature never existed. It's one of the worst songs on arguably one of their worst CD's. Nobody's Hero ? Nobody cares.

All the other tunes listed ? yes.gif please.

How's that for a diverse fan base ? It's beyond me on how many people love HYF. That's what makes this band so great I suppose. Pretty genius on their part actually.

This band has been together so long and has been so successful that fans can actually argue as to what decade of music they prefer. If that's not enough, they can argue what genre of music is best to them. Hard rock to synth period to progressive, etc.

Cool stuff.

Lyrically the songs on HYF and PW are pretty hard to beat in my opinion. That being said PeW is still my fav, but these two CD's got me hooked on the band and therefore they hold a special place with me. I can't wait to hear whatever songs they choose to play from them live. You said it, that is what makes them so great... different eras.

QUOTE (PennSt8r @ Sep 6 2012, 06:37 PM)
QUOTE (anchorman @ Sep 6 2012, 05:25 PM)
I wish the song Second Nature never existed.  It's one of the worst songs on arguably one of their worst CD's.  Nobody's Hero ?  Nobody cares.

All the other tunes listed ?  yes.gif  please.

How's that for a diverse fan base ?  It's beyond me on how many people love HYF.  That's what makes this band so great I suppose.  Pretty genius on their part actually. 

This band has been together so long and has been so successful that fans can actually argue as to what decade of music they prefer.  If that's not enough, they can argue what genre of music is best to them.  Hard rock to synth period to progressive, etc.

Cool stuff.

Lyrically the songs on HYF and PW are pretty hard to beat in my opinion. That being said PeW is still my fav, but these two CD's got me hooked on the band and therefore they hold a special place with me. I can't wait to hear whatever songs they choose to play from them live. You said it, that is what makes them so great... different eras.

I love HYF and CP. What bewilders me is that folks actually like Presto & RTB, but oh well.

That said....Second Nature? Nobody's Hero? I sincerely hope that this is not true or they set phasers to desuckulize and make these songs good.

Manhattan Project makes sense with the strings though I don't really care for the song. Losing It will kick major ass, it's like Freewill for Jean Luc Ponty.