Breaking News: Spoiler Alert

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen Rush since the Hold Your Fire tour almost 25 years ago. I want to hear CA loud and raw...everything else is a bonus.

davens, in the same boat - I havent seen them since RTB and I am taking my 17 year old to his first ever concert. Everything is a bonus.

Tombstone - have you googled the ESL tour yet?

Arch - depends on what you mean. Muscially, they have written more challenging material in their day. Tempo wise, 25% are slower tempos (HE, TG, BU2B2).

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Sep 6 2012, 11:59 AM)
QUOTE (farcryoverspilledmilk @ Sep 6 2012, 12:39 PM)
The band has made the decision to rehearse the entire record and leave the options open this round to drop 2 and put 2 songs in. The complete record will not be performed on a nightly basis.

Hmmm, I think your friend might have misunderstood his source. Changing things up nightly, every other night, or anything other than mid-tour break, would be rather out of character. Don't ya think? But I guess a journalist for the Union Leader Newspaper and a fellow Rush fan of OP's would know...

Agreed.

Swapping out new material does not make much sense to me.

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Sep 6 2012, 02:59 PM)
QUOTE (farcryoverspilledmilk @ Sep 6 2012, 12:39 PM)
The band has made the decision to rehearse the entire record and leave the options open this round to drop 2 and put 2 songs in. The complete record will not be performed on a nightly basis.

Hmmm, I think your friend might have misunderstood his source. Changing things up nightly, every other night, or anything other than mid-tour break, would be rather out of character. Don't ya think? But I guess a journalist for the Union Leader Newspaper and a fellow Rush fan of OP's would know...

I was thinking the same thing about the 'changing out of songs' from night to night - I haven't seen that from Rush in their current form (can't speak for or remember much past S&A). It seems they are very 'locked in' when it comes to timing on the songs and the visual elements synching. There are tour breaks and they have dropped/added a song (or maybe two) for a different leg of a tour, but every other night or week a dropped/added song or two? Not saying that's not the case, just would be VERY unusual for them.

I think it's funny that many are worried from this spoiler info that this RUSH show will be mellow because they are mellowing in their older age...LOL... Um... let's see...Far Cry, Caravan, Headlong Flight, The Anarchist, Carnies, 7 Cities, BU2B, Clockwork Angles... pretty sure those will be in the show, along w/ obvious barn burners like Freewill, TSOR, etc. Mellow??? Uh..no. 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Torgo Satyr @ Sep 6 2012, 03:21 PM)
I think it's funny that many are worried from this spoiler info that this RUSH show will be mellow because they are mellowing in their older age...LOL... Um... let's see...Far Cry, Caravan, Headlong Flight, The Anarchist, Carnies, 7 Cities, BU2B, Clockwork Angles... pretty sure those will be in the show, along w/ obvious barn burners like Freewill, TSOR, etc. Mellow??? Uh..no. 2.gif 1022.gif

yea but far cry sucks and freewill they've beaten to death. confused13.gif

Torgo, my point was geared toward a certain expectation. By mellow I don't mean they are going to calm the whole show down. My point was that they may be just want to play more songs that are slower in pace like a Second Nature or Losing It along with Nobody's Hero. Some people were bitching about this possibility.

Rush is by no means mellow...

So we're not getting an official setlist leak? Was there one the last tour?

QUOTE (Karena @ Sep 6 2012, 12:36 PM)
I think it's funny that many are worried from this spoiler info that this RUSH show will be mellow because they are mellowing in their older age...LOL...  Um... let's see...Far Cry, Caravan, Headlong Flight, The Anarchist, Carnies, 7 Cities, BU2B, Clockwork Angles... pretty sure those will be in the show, along w/ obvious barn burners like Freewill, TSOR, etc.  Mellow??? Uh..no.  2.gif  1022.gif

So we're not getting an official setlist leak? Was there one the last tour?

I'm sure one will leak tonight....that is, if someone is able to get close enough to the arena to listen to the dress rehearsal.

Every tour there are rumor threads started. More often than not, they have turned out to be completely false. Keep that in mind before you start getting yourself excited or pissed off.

That being said, Rush did swap out songs on the Test for Echo tour. If memory serves me right, they swapped Totem and The Color of Right? I can't remember exactly but I do know they have done it

FOH Lights is credible so if he's alluding to this info being false, then it's probably false

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Sep 6 2012, 12:57 PM)
Every tour there are rumor threads started. More often than not, they have turned out to be completely false. Keep that in mind before you start getting yourself excited or pissed off.

That being said, Rush did swap out songs on the Test for Echo tour. If memory serves me right, they swapped Totem and The Color of Right? I can't remember exactly but I do know they have done it

FOH Lights is credible so if he's alluding to this info being false, then it's probably false

Yes, FOH is very credible... and the fact that he didn't discount the other information, is interesting to say the least. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Sep 6 2012, 04:57 PM)

They also rehearsed Nocturne and Vapor Trail during the VT tour and had them ready to swap out.

Vapor Trails Tour

Source - Cygnus-X1.Net

Between Sun and Moon or The Trees (Both alternated for many shows before being dropped on November 2nd, 2002 and replaced by "Closer to the Heart" on November 10th, 2002.)

Vital Signs or Freewill (Both alternated (or were both played) through out the tour.)

Closer To The Heart (See notes for "Between Sun and Moon")

Ceiling Unlimited or Ghost Rider (Both alternated (or were both played) through out the tour.)

Test For Echo Tour

Time And Motion (This moved around the setlist below being completely dropped on November 9th, 1996.)