Geddy's feeling it....

Scottishdood

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 6 2012, 11:03 AM)
Uh Oh--here starts the countdown..when will it all end?

It's hard to say. I feel like CA would be a fantastic send-off album but I still see the energy the boys command on stage...even at their age it's impressive. I think there might be three more major tours in them left.

Clockwork Angels

R40

Farewell Tour

MAAAYBE they can squeeze in one final album (To round it up to a solid 20 studio albums) between R40 and the farewell tour...maybe not. It's up to them and nobody else.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo. I just fell in love with Rush. I can't imagine only seeing two shows and that being the end. My world will seriously fall apart, haha.

sad.gif

But yeah, I'm pushing 30 and can't imagine doing what they do. At least they've taken much better care of themselves than a lot of other rockers. I hope this isn't the end.

QUOTE (gangsterfurious @ Sep 6 2012, 08:24 PM)
Nooooooooooooooooooooo. I just fell in love with Rush. I can't imagine only seeing two shows and that being the end. My world will seriously fall apart, haha.

sad.gif

But yeah, I'm pushing 30 and can't imagine doing what they do. At least they've taken much better care of themselves than a lot of other rockers. I hope this isn't the end.

Get on that back catalogue Gangster and find out what you've been missing all these years!

2.gif trink38.gif 2.gif trink38.gif 2.gif trink38.gif

That interview could have easily taken place ten years ago, so we shouldn't be concerned. The guys are realists; they're not blind to the effects of time on their bodies.

No need to start playing "Losing It" just yet..... smile.gif

Roger Waters turned 69 today, on a recent 60 minutes episode he said this was the Greatest job to have, his Wall tour was more concentrated than this Rush tour. He played many nights back to back. I know he lip syncs but he still has to go out there 2 hours every night. I'm sick of hearing these guys Bitch about touring.

QUOTE (rocketom @ Sep 6 2012, 07:38 PM)
Roger Waters turned 69 today, on a recent 60 minutes episode he said this was the Greatest job to have, his Wall tour was more concentrated than this Rush tour. He played many nights back to back. I know he lip syncs but he still has to go out there 2 hours every night. I'm sick of hearing these guys Bitch about touring.

YEAH! f***ing dumb old bastards!

It is not easy getting older and your body starts hurting more, taking longer to heal. Maybe road life's not so bad in your youth, but it gets harder as you age.

Good article. Thanks for sharing. smile.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Sep 6 2012, 07:55 PM)
It is not easy getting older and your body starts hurting more, taking longer to heal. Maybe road life's not so bad in your youth, but it gets harder as you age.

Good article. Thanks for sharing. smile.gif

trink39.gif

They need to attend the BB King seminar on touring for the serious musician. Where's that canduit attitude? trink39.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Sep 6 2012, 08:51 PM)
Neil is the one that should get wore down. He works twice as hard as the other two during the show plus he bikes to work for half a day.

I can see a drummer like Charlie Watts playing for 40+ years, as he basically played the same simple beat in every song..... tongue.gif tongue.gif

...but a drummer like Neil Peart? It's simply amazing that he's still groovin'.... ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

QUOTE (rocketom @ Sep 6 2012, 07:38 PM)

Silly comparison--Roger Waters is an amazing artist with a vision for a cinematic concert. But he's not a rocker in the sense of a power trio, let alone a trio who are serious players. Rush are a power trio who play very complex stuff like animals.

Roger Waters does not lip sync and is one of the true visionaries' of our time. As for Geddy, he is the reason I played Bass guitar in bands years ago and yes I have a Rickenbacker : ) Geddy has worked so hard and has given us so much, if he retired tomorrow, that would be ok.

2.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Sep 6 2012, 08:51 PM)
Neil is the one that should get wore down. He works twice as hard as the other two during the show plus he bikes to work for half a day.

Drumming keeps one in shape for drumming. It doesn't work that way with the voice and singing.