Live thread or chatroom?

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

33 members have voted

1. 1. Live thread or chatroom?

• Let's all post in one thread as the songs are fed to us
    • Let's all meet in the TRF chatroom instead

The last two tour opening nights saw hundreds of people huddled in one thread as TRF concertgoers fed people here on the board the songs in real time. No reason we can't do that again on Friday night.

For those of you who will be hanging out here: Where would you rather hang out? In a thread, or in the chatroom? My thinking is, it might be tough to keep up with the convo in the chatroom as things can go by very quickly in there. Posts in a thread might be easier.

Thoughts?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 5 2012, 05:47 PM)
The last two tour opening nights saw hundreds of people huddled in one thread as TRF concertgoers fed people here on the board the songs in real time. No reason we can't do that again on Friday night.

For those of you who will be hanging out here: Where would you rather hang out? In a thread, or in the chatroom? My thinking is, it might be tough to keep up with the convo in the chatroom as things can go by very quickly in there. Posts in a thread might be easier.

Thoughts?

Personally, I think that I would prefer a thread because we would be able to go back and read stuff. Chat can move pretty fast and if we have to walk away from the computer for a bit then we would not miss out on anything in a thread.

QUOTE (dtpoet @ Sep 5 2012, 06:03 PM)
A thread please so I don't have to spend tomorrow trying to figure where the hell the damn door knob is to let me in. Nothi g says "old" like having to cry to someone in a PM to help guide u into the room...

It's Just down near the bottom of the main page. You just click on "Live chat". It tells you who is already in there chatting if there is anyone in there at all.

Edited by snowdogged

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 5 2012, 05:47 PM)

Thoughts?

I voted for "Let's all post in one thread as the songs are fed to us"...

...I think you are correct when you say it will be easier to follow along.

Of course, this creates incredible temptation for those who want to wait until the night of their shows for what songs will be played.

Thread please, with some sort of full song list update where people can reference it easily ( if that's possible). The only thing about a thread is if there are 20 responses between songs, knowing which tunes have been played in order gets to be a pain in the rear to keep track of.

Looks like we'll set up a thread. If anyone wants to hang in the chatroom instead, you are more than welcome to.

Who will be at the show tomorrow night that is willing to text a friend here on the board the songs as they're being played? Has that been worked out yet?

QUOTE (robertjames1971 @ Sep 6 2012, 02:49 PM)
There is another thread that is talking about sending set list updates to twitter. You may want to coordinate efforts.

Yes, Snaked said he'd be tweeting, but he said he wouldn't be tweeting every song title. Just a few here and there along with some pics.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 6 2012, 02:35 PM)
QUOTE (drgrendel @ Sep 6 2012, 03:21 PM)
Either would be good for those with nothing better to do. I will be hanging out with friends and family discussing more important issues than RUSH. 

2.gif

Well, whoop-dee-do for you! biggrin.gif

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (drgrendel @ Sep 6 2012, 02:51 PM)
Yes it is ugly. Sorry that I have a life apart from following stuff regarding some band from Canada.

2.gif

Oh come on. What true Rush fan has a life apart from the band? We're all too nerdy for that.

(Note: This is sarcasm. This is a big fat red head joking around.)