Concert Sign Etiquette

syrinxstarman

I had my Scottish Flag with me a few years ago in Montreal and did the same..gave it a wave at the end of songs...until I was threatened with a throwing out if I carried on doing it.

When the two 6ft4 monsters who were stood beside me asked what had been said to me they took the flag from me and gave it a real good waving. Funnily enough no one approached them and told them not to fly it!

2.gif trink38.gif 2.gif trink38.gif 2.gif trink38.gif 2.gif trink38.gif

Edited by Scottishdood

IMO signs should be banned at shows.

At first it was kinda cute when 1 or 2 people would bring something in.

But now that people know the band (especially Neil) notice the signs and will sometimes hand out souvineers it has become an epidemic.

People need to remember, there IS somebody behind you trying to enjoy the show. They want to be able to see everything. Your little sign is obstructing somebody elses view of the show.

Just leave the signs at home.

QUOTE (Snaked @ Sep 5 2012, 05:46 PM)
IMO signs should be banned at shows.
At first it was kinda cute when 1 or 2 people would bring something in.

But now that people know the band (especially Neil) notice the signs and will sometimes hand out souvineers it has become an epidemic.

People need to remember, there IS somebody behind you trying to enjoy the show. They want to be able to see everything. Your little sign is obstructing somebody elses view of the show.

Just leave the signs at home.

Ok Snaked...well I'll get a transparent Scottish Flag for Toronto just in case you are sat behind me!!

Wheres the drinking going on pre show in Toronto anyway??

2.gif trink38.gif 2.gif trink38.gif 2.gif trink38.gif 2.gif trink38.gif

I went to a show with a good friend of mine (Snakes and Arrows Live Tour) who showed me the sign he had made with it's clever meaning that "only Neil would get".

I told him that if I was sitting/standing behind him I would be pissed and to leave the poster in the car.

Does a man in his 40s really need a perfectly good stranger (who happens to play drums) to notice him out of 15,000 people?

Edited by ReGorLaTroy

QUOTE (syrinxstarman @ Sep 5 2012, 12:01 PM)
So what's the basic concert sign etiquette? Last tour at the Gibson in Los Angeles, some usher told me to put the sign away even though I would only hold it up during the very end of songs (when everyone's cheering), trying to get Neil to notice.

Anyone have any tips?

Yeah, no signs! This isn't a Justin Bieber concert!