The world's "luckiest" drummers?

Thunder Bay Rush

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (barchetta90480 @ Sep 10 2012, 06:40 AM)
Alan White.
I'd prefer Ringo or Charlie Watts any time over him. Even Joey Kramer. Just listen to Roundabout or Close to the Edge when he's attempting to destroy these classics ...

I've never been a fan of his take on the beginning of "Yours is No Disgrace" from Yessongs. He's got a Meg White vibe going on, which is fine if you're in The White Stripes, but unfortunately he's in Yes. As for Roundabout and CTTE, I can't remember too much of his drumming on those songs, which is probably a good thing laugh.gif

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Sep 5 2012, 11:55 AM)
It's sad when he's the most popular drummer just because of his personal life. Too many musicians are famous for the personal life instead of talent these days. This is what happens when Maroon 5 is the biggest "rock" band now. They're just a teenybopper boy group with a rhythm section and a bad one at that.

Maroon 5 has taken a turn for the worse, with horrible songs like Payphone, but there is some talent and musical content underneath it all...remember this song from back in the day? They know how to groove when they want to. They just don't want to any more because that's not where the money is. The same has happened to other once-viable pop acts such as Train and Kelly Clarkson, who have all become sellouts within the last 5 years or so.

QUOTE (opsopcopolis @ Sep 12 2012, 04:32 PM)
^ The thing that many people don't seem to get about Ringo is that his "simple and boring" fills are just as much a part of all of the Beatles songs as George's composed solos. I mean listen to the Abbey Road medley and try to imagine it with different drum fills. They're all perfectly placed and perfectly represent the composition. Of course most drummers can play that stuff, but could you come up with it?

He never distracted from the song, he added to the song.