Caravan as the Opener

bigalfan

Makes perfect sense to me. trink38.gif Followed immediately by an older staple like 'Freewill' or 'TSOR'. After that, Geddy goes into the "Hellooooo city we're at today" deal and the opening audience chit-chat. Just a guess. Thoughts?

No, Caravan is not a song that was a huge hit that absolutely everyone will know right away.

When was the last time Rush opened their concert with a song that wasn't a big hit for them? They've always done that and I don't see that trend changing with this tour.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Sep 2 2012, 05:47 PM)
No, Caravan is not a song that was a huge hit that absolutely everyone will know right away.

When was the last time Rush opened their concert with a song that wasn't a big hit for them? They've always done that and I don't see that trend changing with this tour.

Force 10 on both the Presto and RTB tour.

I don't think that song was a hit.

It's actually kind of a weird opener IMO as well.

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Sep 2 2012, 09:19 PM)

Ha, yeah. Love Force 10 live though. So much more life in it.

Caravan would be coolio with me trink38.gif

I remember in the late 80s and early 90s our local radio station used to play Force Ten regularly. So, to me it was always a hit. Weather you see the song that way or not isn't the point though. Rush just isn't gonna open their shows today with a song everyone won't recognize immediately.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Sep 2 2012, 06:45 PM)

I remember in the late 80s and early 90s our local radio station used to play Force Ten regularly. So, to me it was always a hit. Weather you see the song that way or not isn't the point though. Rush just isn't gonna open their shows today with a song everyone won't recognize immediately.

Yeah, that's true...it will be a song that people recognize. I just don't think Force 10 is THAT song.

I could be wrong, but the average fan might not even know it at all. confused13.gif

I think the opener will be Subdivisions, Deamline or 2112. smile.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Sep 2 2012, 06:45 PM)

Yeah, that's true...it will be a song that people recognize. I just don't think Force 10 is THAT song.

I could be wrong, but the average fan might not even know it at all. confused13.gif

I think the opener will be Subdivisions, Deamline or 2112. smile.gif

QUOTE (bigalfan @ Sep 2 2012, 06:06 PM)
Makes perfect sense to me.  trink38.gif  Followed immediately by an older staple like 'Freewill' or 'TSOR'. After that, Geddy goes into the "Hellooooo city we're at today" deal and the opening audience chit-chat. Just a guess. Thoughts?

More like two staples then Caravan. Actually the first set might look something like this:

New Funny Video

2112 Overture/Temples

Limelight

---Geddy: New album Clockwork Angels---

CA Video

Caravan

BU2B

Clockwork Angels

---Geddy: Its Signal's 30th Anniversary!---

Dog Peeing Video

Subdivision

Digital Man

New World Man

---Geddy: We have some friend with us!---

The Anarchist

Carnies

Halo Effect

---Geddy: "How ya doing out there?"-----------

Manhattan Project

Freewill

2112 Finale

wink.gif

Edited by losingit2k

I don't think it will be played first, but I have a feeling Headlong Flight will be played early since it was the first release after Caravan and BU2B.

Caravan is a perfect 2nd set opener, I'd be very surprised if it didn't kick off the whole CA suite right after intermission.