What songs do we know so far???

Snow-Dog2112

Wow, great thread, but I'm surprised nobody has even mentioned

Jacobs Ladder

as a possible with the string section.

It would be amazing to hear THAT with strings.

I have some gut feeling that says that we are going to be blown completely away by some of the string arrangements accompanying or, preferably, replacing the keyboards.

I think Geddy would absolutely LOVE to be free of all keyboards for at least one tour, right?

See you all on Friday. The countdown is ON!

Outside of a few songs, the setlist isn't too hard to figure out (the order excluded).

Let's look at the Snakes and Arrows tour...they played 23 songs plus 3 for the encore

Staples: Tom Sawyer, Spirit, Limelight, La Villa, 2112, Subdivisions, YYZ, Freewill, Working Man, Xanadu, The Trees, Closer to the Heart, Red Barchetta,

Out of those 13 songs, let's assume 10 of those

Then we have Clockwork Angels. I am guessing 9 songs from CA (if they don's play the whole album)

So there's 19 songs. That leaves 7 "surprises". Count on Far Cry and One Little Victory. Ok, so that leaves 5. Pretty sure we're getting at least 2 more from Signals-Losing It and New World Man are my guesses. So now we have 3....your guess is as good as mine, I'd say Jacob's Ladder will make it this time....2 left...how about Dreamline and Leave that thing alone

Ok, there's the setlist. A well educated and logical setlist yes?

Edited by LeaveMyThingAlone

QUOTE (SolitaryPine @ Sep 5 2012, 09:10 AM)

Jacobs Ladder

I have some gut feeling that says that we are going to be blown completely away by some of the string arrangements accompanying or, preferably, replacing the keyboards.

I think Geddy would absolutely LOVE to be free of all keyboards for at least one tour, right?

Jacob's Ladder has been discussed in other threads. Neil said something along the lines of 'We tried it in rehearsals for S&A, but it just didn't work. Some times you just have leave things like they are' - something along those lines. Kinda gave the unfortunate impression they weren't going to play it live anymore. But - who knows! I would LOVE to hear it on this tour.

Edited by bigalfan

QUOTE (bigalfan @ Sep 5 2012, 11:07 AM)
QUOTE (SolitaryPine @ Sep 5 2012, 09:10 AM)

Jacobs Ladder

Jacob's Ladder has been discussed in other threads. Neil said something along the lines of 'We tried it in rehearsals for S&A, but it just didn't work. Some times you just have leave things like they are' - something along those lines. Kinda gave the unfortunate impression they weren't going to play it live anymore. But - who knows! I would LOVE to hear it on this tour.

I take that as him implying that the song did not necessarily fit into the set. I am sure they will play it live before hanging up the instruments for good.

It is incredible as to what conclusions people can draw from a few simple words.

2.gif

I'm fairly certain they only played JL on the PermWave Tour. It has not been played since.

Neil's comment can be taken either way; (a) never going to fit or (cool.gif didnt fit this time. I'd like to think it didnt fit that time, but who knows, it may never fit. I'd like to see it close the first set.

QUOTE (dtpoet @ Sep 5 2012, 10:20 AM)
I'm fairly certain they only played JL on the PermWave Tour. It has not been played since.

Neil's comment can be taken either way; (a) never going to fit or (cool.gif didnt fit this time. I'd like to think it didnt fit that time, but who knows, it may never fit. I'd like to see it close the first set.

They did it on ESL tour. Check out the CD

QUOTE (dtpoet @ Sep 5 2012, 10:20 AM)

goodpost.gif What an 'incredible' conclusion! wink.gif trink38.gif

I know they have never played Nocturne live and probably means they never will but that's one I'd love to see as one of the "surprises".

I think the "guessed list" so far is pretty realistic.

I'm going opening night and part of me is glad there is no spoiler list and then there is the curiosity that is killing me.

Neil's comment can be taken either way; (a) never going to fit or (didnt fit this time. I'd like to think it didnt fit that time, but who knows, it may never fit. I'd like to see it close the first set.

They did it on ESL tour. Check out the CD

Stick to writing....

Learn your history before making comments. That side of the record was recorded during the PermWave Tour. Google the ESL setlist and then get back to me, ok?

"Tracks 1-3 and 8-13 of the original vinyl were recorded in Canada during the Moving Pictures tour, while tracks 4-7 were recorded in the UK during the Permanent Waves tour."~ESL wiki

JL is track 7

Edited by dtpoet

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Sep 5 2012, 10:02 AM)
Outside of a few songs, the setlist isn't too hard to figure out (the order excluded).

Let's look at the Snakes and Arrows tour...they played 23 songs plus 3 for the encore

Staples: Tom Sawyer, Spirit, Limelight, La Villa, 2112, Subdivisions, YYZ, Freewill, Working Man, Xanadu, The Trees, Closer to the Heart, Red Barchetta,

Out of those 13 songs, let's assume 10 of those

Then we have Clockwork Angels. I am guessing 9 songs from CA (if they don's play the whole album)

So there's 19 songs. That leaves 7 "surprises". Count on Far Cry and One Little Victory. Ok, so that leaves 5. Pretty sure we're getting at least 2 more from Signals-Losing It and New World Man are my guesses. So now we have 3....your guess is as good as mine, I'd say Jacob's Ladder will make it this time....2 left...how about Dreamline and Leave that thing alone

Ok, there's the setlist. A well educated and logical setlist yes?

I don't think that's a large enough set for 3.5 hours. Are you counting on a possible 3-song encore?