If you could bring a dead rock star back to life

Spiritinthesky

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people claim the original Paul McCartney died Nov. 9, 1966 and that a double was substituted for him... there are many weird videos on YouTube about this, showing before Paul and after 'Faul'... So perhaps Paul?

I'd vote for Lennon and Harrison also.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Sep 4 2012, 10:48 AM)
Buddy Holly, he was a musical genius and died at a very young age. If he would
have been alive to still make music throughout the 60's, 70's right to the present day he would have made some amazing music.

goodpost.gif

I couldn't agree more! I was going to put him in as a very close second. Another ginormous loss. There would've been no Beatles/Stones without Buddy for starters...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 3 2012, 05:38 PM)
QUOTE (greg2112 @ Sep 3 2012, 02:32 PM)
Garcia

As much a fan of Jerry I am, and as much as I wish he would have lived longer, he did get a very long and full musical life.

Indeed...but just imagine (given of course that he could stay healthy) how much more music he had to give.

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Sep 3 2012, 06:38 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 3 2012, 05:38 PM)
QUOTE (greg2112 @ Sep 3 2012, 02:32 PM)
Garcia

As much a fan of Jerry I am, and as much as I wish he would have lived longer, he did get a very long and full musical life.

Indeed...but just imagine (given of course that he could stay healthy) how much more music he had to give.

I hear ya, but really his best music was behind him, and his voice was way past its prime.

Even though I said Hendrix, and I still mean it, I thought of someone that I would love to see even more, or maybe just as much, and that would be:

Syd Barrett

He only performed outside of Pink Floyd a small handful of times, so what I would really love would be able to see him performing with Pink Floyd, but of course it would have to be the Pink Floyd of 1966/1967. Man, that would be something... eh.gif b_sigh.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 4 2012, 04:00 PM)
Even though I said Hendrix, and I still mean it, I thought of someone that I would love to see even more, or maybe just as much, and that would be:

Syd Barrett

He only performed outside of Pink Floyd a small handful of times, so what I would really love would be able to see him performing with Pink Floyd, but of course it would have to be the Pink Floyd of 1966/1967.  Man, that would be something...  eh.gif b_sigh.gif

Syd Barrett over Lennon, or Hendrix, or Rhoads or Tommy Bolin for goodness sakes, Goob?

cool10.gif