My humble opinion...

Ardent15

...that it's easily the best Rush album since Counterparts.

I love pretty much all of Rush's material, to varying extents, but this album is just amazing, in terms of musicianship, power, and grittiness. Some have criticized the production/mixing on Rush's recent albums, and while I understand that, on this album it works.

Favorite cuts: The Anarchist, Seven Cities of Gold, Headlong Flight, and The Garden. smile.gif

Some people are way too aggressive and mean on this forum.

On the other hand, this thread sucks and has no place on this board.

Just kidding.. smile.gif

WELCOME TO TRF.

QUOTE (Ardent15 @ Sep 1 2012, 01:55 PM)
Some have criticized the production/mixing on Rush's recent albums, and while I understand that, on this album it works.

How does bad production/mixing work this time? This is easily what ruins it for me. Shame because this is some of the best material they've written in years.

QUOTE (StellarJetman @ Sep 1 2012, 03:39 PM)
Who cares?

Uhm, ... you

and way too much I might add.

btw - welcome Ardent15. Nice thoughts on the new record - I cannot read enough good things about it especially a week before the show!!

trink39.gif

although four tracks on CA are some of the best rush ever, caravan Bu2b the title track and the garden, vapor trails and snakes blow CA out of the water as albums imo smile.gif

honestly, i think the album may have slightly suffered due to the long break in production, all the truly fantastic stuff was written before the time machine tour

Edited by lifeson90

QUOTE (Ardent15 @ Sep 1 2012, 05:29 PM)
Thanks for the warm welcome....yeesh.

Welcome! Glad to have you here! smile.gif

And I agree, album is delightful.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (lifeson90 @ Sep 2 2012, 06:35 AM)
although four tracks on CA are some of the best rush ever, caravan Bu2b the title track and the garden, vapor trails and snakes blow CA out of the water as albums imo smile.gif

honestly, i think the album may have slightly suffered due to the long break in production, all the truly fantastic stuff was written before the time machine tour

You couldn't be more wrong. I was totally let down with SnA and Rush redeemed themselves with this great record. You forgot that Anarchist, Carnies, Seven Cities, Wreckers, Headlong Flight are great songs as well.