CA Book Excerpt

Powderfinger

Novelization of CA? Taking CA to Broadway?? An orchestra to accompany the live shows? Seriously, the plot gets dumber with every tick of the clock. What kind of grandiose-thought-producing drug is Neil Peart on these days? Or is he simply "losing it"?

Edited by GeminiRising79

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Sep 2 2012, 10:25 AM)
Novelization of CA? Taking CA to Broadway?? An orchestra to accompany the live shows? Seriously, the plot gets dumber with every tick of the clock. What kind of grandiose-thought-producing drug is Neil Peart on these days? Or is he simply "losing it"?

Get ready for the incoming sh*t storm

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Sep 1 2012, 09:39 AM)
I think RS is getting ready to propose to Rush. heart.gif

Did you ever know an abused woman that gave in and excepted her abuser back? There's a brief honeymoon and then he starts beating her again. Rush be wary.

Hey I recent that!

angry.gif

i thought he was joking around but i guess i read it wrong and he was being serious. unsure.gif broadway? an orchestra? facepalm.gif

I presume he's talking about "a" production on Broadway, not Clockwork Angels. South Park didn't make it to Broadway, "The Book of Mormon" did and it was created by the South Park creators.

Perhaps he has another satire in mind. Perhaps Neil just can't stop thinking big. wink.gif

I could careless what the haters think what Rush is allowed or suppose to do.

Broadway, orchestra it's all different and a great adventure, I say go for it I'm in it for the ride!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Sep 2 2012, 11:25 AM)

CA doesn't seem any dumber than the other shit on broadway, why not?

Is there a more needy bitch then the male Rush fanboi?

Short answer - no

QUOTE (eshine @ Sep 4 2012, 04:03 AM)
Novelization of CA? Taking CA to Broadway??  An orchestra to accompany the live shows?  Seriously, the plot gets dumber with every tick of the clock. What kind of grandiose-thought-producing drug is Neil Peart on these days? Or is he simply "losing it"?

Is there a more needy bitch then the male Rush fanboi?

Short answer - no

rimshot.gif

Hey, he's on a Rush forum to talk about his opinions of Rush and their endeavors.

And hey, even for many committed fans, the orchestra, novel, and now this plan can be hard to swallow.

bekloppt.gif

Committed fan here, Neil's side endeavors to expand on His writing of ClockWork Angels doesn't bother me in the least. The orchestration is part of the album so i can't really understand why this would upset the dedicated fan when seeing them on tour. It's a great album and I'm actually looking forward to see and hear the strings accompaniment for CA along with other favorites should be a unique experience. smile.gif

I found the writing style pedantic..

"But why not just think about your day? There's enough to do here in Barrel Arbor."

"That's too small. I can't stop thinking big."

I mean really, does he have to use those exact words in a quote? there are so many better ways to capture that feeling.

I can see Neil saying to KJA "Hey, don;t forget to say that he can;t stop thinking big!" KJA rolls his eyes. Really? Really?

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Sep 3 2012, 10:52 PM)
CA on Broadway? Almost as bad as Chris Squire's idea of having Yes perform on Broadway. wacko.gif

I agree but you don't know, he might not mean a musical per sea. maybe Neil meant something along the lines of a play. Which then would become Clockwork Angels -the movie, which will have Clockwork Angels-The Soundtrack which will lead to a new tour!!!

653.gif

QUOTE (briremo @ Sep 4 2012, 03:10 PM)
I found the writing style pedantic..

"But why not just think about your day? There's enough to do here in Barrel Arbor."

"That's too small. I can't stop thinking big."

I mean really, does he have to use those exact words in a quote? there are so many better ways to capture that feeling.

I can see Neil saying to KJA "Hey, don;t forget to say that he can;t stop thinking big!" KJA rolls his eyes. Really? Really?

You're right that sounds stupid

the whole excerpt read like a middle school novel. I don't mean written for middle schoolers, I mean written by middle schoolers.

He may be a good writer, I don't know, but the text I saw looks awful.

QUOTE (softfilter @ Sep 4 2012, 01:10 PM)
Committed fan here, Neil's side endeavors to expand on His writing of ClockWork Angels doesn't bother me in the least. The orchestration is part of the album so i can't really understand why this would upset the dedicated fan when seeing them on tour. It's a great album and I'm actually looking forward to see and hear the strings accompaniment for CA along with other favorites should be a unique experience. smile.gif

goodpost.gif

I was at first apprehensive about the idea of Rush touring with an "orchestra" because the idea usually means a band has run out of ideas and needs to somehow freshen their classic music that has gone stale.

This is a totally different scenario and, as usual, leave it to Rush to bring it to another level.

The string arrangements are an integral part of Clockwork Angel's tapestry - I cannot wait to hear them live and see how they are incorporated into soem older songs.

All I know is - it's 2012 and Rush still leaves their fans guessing.

Brilliant - I am so stoked for opening night!!!