The Wreckers

Rush-O-Matic

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Sep 1 2012, 07:10 AM)
Wait, has it been confirmed this is an official video? It looks more like something Rush would show on the video screen while playing it live.

Yes, it's official. It's on the Youtube channel "RushOfficialTV" where Rush.com linked the Headlong Flight video.

I don't think it's supposed to be an award winner (it's not as good as the lyric video for HF, obivously) - I think it's just another way to promote the single / album.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant think of why they are even bothering creating these lyric videos. They really dont serve any purpose, and it seems like this is an animation they culd have just saved for the show, if the play this song, which I have a feeling they will.

It's not exactly hard to find the lyrics and there's really nothing in this video. The band isnt in it and its really not a regular music video.

QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Sep 1 2012, 09:20 AM)
Wait, has it been confirmed this is an official video? It looks more like something Rush would show on the video screen while playing it live.

Yes, it's official. It's on the Youtube channel "RushOfficialTV" where Rush.com linked the Headlong Flight video.

I don't think it's supposed to be an award winner (it's not as good as the lyric video for HF, obivously) - I think it's just another way to promote the single / album.

Yes. According to RIAB: The video is shot in the same style as the video for Headlong Flight, depicting a puppet show-like shipwreck along with the lyrics for the song.

It's listed on youtube as: RUSH - "The Wreckers" Official Lyric Video. It's a promotional lyric video for youtube for their new single, in case anyone is interested or is searching for it. That is all.

trink38.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Bangster of Goats @ Sep 1 2012, 09:15 AM)
Plenty of bands and artists still make videos. Youtube's where it's at.

Yeah tons of them still make real music videos, Rush doesnt bother with it though most likely just because they dont really sell a lot of albums and havent in a long time, so spending a million to make a video doesnt make sense for them. It does make sense for extremely popular modern rock bands though.

The fact that MTV doesnt play them doesnt matter, far more people are on youtube than there was people watching MTV. So when you go search for a new song you like, often youll find the real video on the bands official YT page, so there's still a huge use for videos. Its actually bigger now than it ever was.

I think one of Rihanna's videos has like 200 million hits, same with Lady Gaga, so they are getting a huge amount of exposure through youtube, which really is the new, and MUCH better, MTV since you can just go right to what you're looking for. With MTV you just had to wait around for videos you cared about.

You know, that's a possibility except they probably killed two birds with one stone. Use the video in concert, but also released as a official lyric video. It's smart and efficient.

But anyway...Great song, crappy music video. Oh well, life goes on. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Snyder80 @ Sep 1 2012, 04:35 AM)
Love "The Wreckers" but judging from what I'm ready hear, I won't be checking out the video. I'm one of those fools that can sometimes let something as trivial as a music video completely ruin a song for me. I adore this song so I can't take that chance.

Good move. Stay away, stay far away...

Ironically, I already despised the song. Now things have gotten much worse. Every time I hear that annoying "All I know is that sometimes..." chorus I'm going to think of a plastic sailboat on water, like my kid has when he takes a bath.

QUOTE (trenken @ Sep 1 2012, 09:39 AM)
QUOTE (Bangster of Goats @ Sep 1 2012, 09:15 AM)
Plenty of bands and artists still make videos.  Youtube's where it's at.

Yeah tons of them still make real music videos, Rush doesnt bother with it though most likely just because they dont really sell a lot of albums and havent in a long time, so spending a million to make a video doesnt make sense for them. It does make sense for extremely popular modern rock bands though.

The fact that MTV doesnt play them doesnt matter, far more people are on youtube than there was people watching MTV. So when you go search for a new song you like, often youll find the real video on the bands official YT page, so there's still a huge use for videos. Its actually bigger now than it ever was.

I think one of Rihanna's videos has like 200 million hits, same with Lady Gaga, so they are getting a huge amount of exposure through youtube, which really is the new, and MUCH better, MTV since you can just go right to what you're looking for. With MTV you just had to wait around for videos you cared about.

yeah, i saw your video for Tip toe thru the Tulips----Awsome dude 1022.gif

Not thrilled by the video, as most have said. I absolutely love the song though. I honestly can't get enough of it right now. Somehow, the full, haunting tones just captivate me and won't let go. I am a little worried that it may not translate well live, but that's just speculation on my part and I guess we'll find that out soon enough. I especially love the chorus, and I believe it has a very similar theme to Far Cry. "One day I feel I'm ahead of the wheel, the next it's rolling over me" vs. "All I know is that sometimes you have to be wary of a miracle too good to be true (sometimes the target is you)". It would be pretty cool if these two songs show up back to back in the setlist. All I know is that sometimes October 12 just doesn't come soon enough! wink.gif

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Empty Mindless Spectre @ Sep 1 2012, 12:28 PM)
Not thrilled by the video, as most have said. I absolutely love the song though. I honestly can't get enough of it right now. Somehow, the full, haunting tones just captivate me and won't let go. I am a little worried that it may not translate well live, but that's just speculation on my part and I guess we'll find that out soon enough. I especially love the chorus, and I believe it has a very similar theme to Far Cry. "One day I feel I'm ahead of the wheel, the next it's rolling over me" vs. "All I know is that sometimes you have to be wary of a miracle too good to be true (sometimes the target is you)". It would be pretty cool if these two songs show up back to back in the setlist. All I know is that sometimes October 12 just doesn't come soon enough! wink.gif

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

far cry and the wreckers back to back? please no. if they have to play both of these, the least they can do is spread out the torture.

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Aug 31 2012, 05:54 PM)
QUOTE (RickBlackwell @ Aug 31 2012, 06:23 PM)
Good enough song I guess but I kept waiting for Lerxst to go into a really whaling solo and it never happened. I thought they were going to return to the heavier sound without so much keyboards. WHERE'S ALL THE GUITARS?  schla03.gif

Yay!! My first post here! Hello everybody!  bekloppt.gif

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/25982503.jpg

yes.gif

It's a lyric video. Almost like a PowerPoint presentation.

Who cares? - I would much rather Rush pour their resources into the production of their shows then waste time on music videos.

Yeah, that shit matters for pop stars (not that that is a bad thing) but for Rush in 2012 - no.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 1 2012, 01:10 PM)
QUOTE (Empty Mindless Spectre @ Sep 1 2012, 12:28 PM)
Not thrilled by the video, as most have said. I absolutely love the song though. I honestly can't get enough of it right now. Somehow, the full, haunting tones just captivate me and won't let go. I am a little worried that it may not translate well live, but that's just speculation on my part and I guess we'll find that out soon enough. I especially love the chorus, and I believe it has a very similar theme to Far Cry. "One day I feel I'm ahead of the wheel, the next it's rolling over me" vs. "All I know is that sometimes you have to be wary of a miracle too good to be true (sometimes the target is you)". It would be pretty cool if these two songs show up back to back in the setlist. All I know is that sometimes October 12 just doesn't come soon enough!  wink.gif

2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif

far cry and the wreckers back to back? please no. if they have to play both of these, the least they can do is spread out the torture.

Oh cmon.

A good troll isn't so obvious

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Sep 2 2012, 07:10 PM)
If I must stand alone on this one I will, but I like the video. I also agree that it will probably be used in concert.

I like it too.

There's no point in Rush appearing in their own music videos, they're pretty static and pretty ugly. Certainly the band have a face made for radio and this video isn't as cringe-inducing as Driven et al.

This song definitely strikes me as something they would play live. It has those friendly melodies that Geddy REALLY likes.

The songs they usually seem to avoid live are stuff like Garden (too slow for a live setting, major bathroom break song), Wish Them Well has filler song written all over it so I cant see them playing that, Halo Effect could be skipped, but Wreckers (especially since they have a video for it) is just almost a certainty at this point I think.

The only point I had is we all have the lyrics so the video is useless. They could have just saved that boat animation for the show. I guess they want to get some youtube exposure, but really, Rush isnt winning over too many new fans with that video so I just dont get it. And theres only 1 animation in it basically, the whole thing is just that one scene.

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Sep 2 2012, 02:10 PM)
If I must stand alone on this one I will, but I like the video.  I also agree that it will probably be used in concert.

You do not stand alone. I really like the video - one of the better that Rush has done, imo.

trink39.gif