The Wreckers

Rush-O-Matic

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good enough song I guess but I kept waiting for Lerxst to go into a really whaling solo and it never happened. I thought they were going to return to the heavier sound without so much keyboards. WHERE'S ALL THE GUITARS? schla03.gif

Yay!! My first post here! Hello everybody! bekloppt.gif

Edited by RickBlackwell

QUOTE (RickBlackwell @ Aug 31 2012, 07:23 PM)
Good enough song I guess but I kept waiting for Lerxst to go into a really whaling solo and it never happened. I thought they were going to return to the heavier sound without so much keyboards. WHERE'S ALL THE GUITARS? schla03.gif

Hello.

QUOTE (RickBlackwell @ Aug 31 2012, 06:23 PM)

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/25982503.jpg

QUOTE (RickBlackwell @ Aug 31 2012, 06:23 PM)

Are you the famous MR. Blackwell confused13.gif

Actually the song is really fun to play on guitar. It will be nice to see and extended solo live though. The video leaves me wanting. Looks like it took a couple of hours to throw together in After Effects. eh.gif Even a couple of shots of them at rehearsal would've been cool no?

I love the song but it feels like they put almost no effort into the video. It illustrates the first 30 seconds of the song and then the same thing just loops over and over again. At least the Headlong Flight video made sense to be composed of old Rush recordings seemingly synced to the audio and the old timey blimp TV thing worked great with the chorus.

Looks like we've got a bit of a consensus going on this one. This video is awful.

I love the song. It's my second favorite on the album after Headlong. As someone above posted, the video for Headlong was good and fit the song. This one for Wreckers is just absolutely boring. I've only viewed it once, but it seemed, while watching it that one time, that I'd already seen it over and over and over.

Really cheap. This is one of those which makes you ask the question, "Why did they bother if they weren't really going to bother?"

The video that has been playing in my head for the last couple of months while listening to this song is a thousand light years better!

Love "The Wreckers" but judging from what I'm ready hear, I won't be checking out the video. I'm one of those fools that can sometimes let something as trivial as a music video completely ruin a song for me. I adore this song so I can't take that chance.

The song really doesn't do much for me..... much like the video.

I'm try hard to find the appeal that other seem to appreciate in the music, and/or the lyrics.

It's not a horrible song, but it's just not hooking me in a meaningful way...

Meh, "lyric" videos are always boring... this one manages to be even more boring and repetitive than the Headlong Flight one (like the shot of the fighter plane veering away during "I wish that I could live it all again" being used approximately 8 billion times)

Though I think with these kinds of videos, you're supposed to just read the lyrics, or... something...

I wish some "real" videos could be made. smile.gif

QUOTE (Bangster of Goats @ Sep 1 2012, 07:50 AM)
Meh, "lyric" videos are always boring... this one manages to be even more boring and repetitive than the Headlong Flight one (like the shot of the fighter plane veering away during "I wish that I could live it all again" being used approximately 8 billion times)

Though I think with these kinds of videos, you're supposed to just read the lyrics, or... something...

I wish some "real" videos could be made.  smile.gif

Real videos aren't being made because channels like MTV and VH1 don't show videos anymore. There's no reason for a band to put an effort into them, not that Rush ever did with any of their videos anyways. But they way videos used to be exposed to the masses isn't there today, so there isn't any incentive for a band to even try with them now.

Edited by J2112YYZ