High School

Nate2112

School starts Tuesday the 4th and I want to change my image of what people think of me as.

People think of me the Rush loving fool that is passionate about moose(There's more however, and some that's just not so nice) I want to change my image.

So since HS is the most important years of my life, I have decided to work my hardest at my future career; A Wildlife Biologist.

I will have side jobs such as a Music Historian, Author and a Musician.

So here is the link to my school

http://www.campbellhs.org/

and on Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campbell_High...ew_Hampshire%29

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Aug 31 2012, 02:00 PM)
School starts Tuesday the 4th and I want to change my image of what people think of me as.

People think of me the Rush loving fool that is passionate about moose(There's more however, and some that's just not so nice) I want to change my image.

So since HS is the most important years of my life, I have decided to work my hardest at my future career; A Wildlife Biologist.

I will have side jobs such as a Music Historian, Author and a Musician.

So here is the link to my school

http://www.campbellhs.org/

and on Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campbell_High...ew_Hampshire%29

A couple things.

Be who you are and don't worry about what other people think. When the story of your life is written, those people wont matter in the least.

High school will NOT be the best years of your life, so don't think that way. Being a kid sucks and the process of growing into an adult sucks even worse. It gets better. Much much better. Your best years are way ahead of you.

You have some pretty cool interests so stick to it and do what you love. If you do that, once you are older you will look back at high school as an insignificant little speck on the timeline of your life.

Good luck to you.

Listen son, highschool will not be the most important years of your life. You will have a life time to shape to shape your future.

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Aug 31 2012, 01:56 PM)
Thanks but my father says that HS is the most important years in your life. It shapes your future

High school is very important, but it's not the ONLY important stage in one's life. High school is extremely important in that you will start taking adult responsibility for your relationships......with the opposite sex, with teachers, coaches, other students.....it can be pretty tough!! ohmy.gif

IMO, the best lesson that one can learn in high school is that other people's opinions of you do NOT matter. Whatever you do, do NOT waste any time at building an "image". Do NOT care about what people think of you. Just be yourself. Do not set yourself above or below anyone. Be one of the few who can be buds with anyone in school.

And above all, remember that high school is mostly business. You're there to continue your education, and everything else is secondary. It will be the same in college. Be PREPARED.... yes.gif yes.gif

High School might seem like the be all and end all right now but trust me, once you're out for awhile it's going to seem so insignificant.

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Aug 31 2012, 02:44 PM)
QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Aug 31 2012, 01:56 PM)
Thanks but my father says that HS is the most important years in your life. It shapes your future

High school is very important, but it's not the ONLY important stage in one's life. High school is extremely important in that you will start taking adult responsibility for your relationships......with the opposite sex, with teachers, coaches, other students.....it can be pretty tough!! ohmy.gif

IMO, the best lesson that one can learn in high school is that other people's opinions of you do NOT matter. Whatever you do, do NOT waste any time at building an "image". Do NOT care about what people think of you. Just be yourself. Do not set yourself above or below anyone. Be one of the few who can be buds with anyone in school.

And above all, remember that high school is mostly business. You're there to continue your education, and everything else is secondary. It will be the same in college. Be PREPARED.... yes.gif yes.gif

Nice one workaholic man--well said...Hey kid--listen to this guy!!! trink39.gif

QUOTE (t2s @ Aug 31 2012, 02:51 PM)
QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Aug 31 2012, 11:00 AM)

HS is the most important years of my life

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Bro, I'm 14...It's the most important years so far.

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Aug 31 2012, 02:58 PM)

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Your OP really got me thinking. Here are some things that will help you out in life:

1) When meeting people look them in the eye, shake their hand like you have a pair

2) develop strong study habits. To excel in college and grad school, you will need them. It will make your life much easier

3) when making contacts with people, networking and such, always send an email, or even more impressive, a handwritten card to let them know you appreciated meeting them.

4) Go to a nursing home or an assisted living community for a service project. Find the oldest people you can and have a conversation about how it used to be.

5) More doors open with yes sir and no sir in this life--manners are very important

6) Never let a day go by without telling your parents you love them--it'll make their day. that little act can do wonders to their mood.

Good luck man...listen to Dad, he won't steer you wrong

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 31 2012, 03:18 PM)

Your OP really got me thinking. Here are some things that will help you out in life:

1) When meeting people look them in the eye, shake their hand like you have a pair

2) develop strong study habits. To excel in college and grad school, you will need them. It will make your life much easier

3) when making contacts with people, networking and such, always send an email, or even more impressive, a handwritten card to let them know you appreciated meeting them.

4) Go to a nursing home or an assisted living community for a service project. Find the oldest people you can and have a conversation about how it used to be.

5) More doors open with yes sir and no sir in this life--manners are very important

6) Never let a day go by without telling your parents you love them--it'll make their day. that little act can do wonders to their mood.

This

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 31 2012, 01:18 PM)

goodpost.gif

Sure it is important, but college is so far much better, and it really is not the be all end all like some poster above me said.

In Spanish we still call it prep school. But not because it is for "preps" but because it is a preparatory stage in life,to get you ready for real school: college. So learn all you can, make the most out of your education, don't worry about others and what they think of you,but don't be a douche either laugh.gif and just hang out with the right crowd. Begin to question everything, but never do so in a disrespectful way.

It's now been 20 years since I was freshman in high school and while they are important years in growing as an individual and finding out who you are and what you may want to do with your life, they certainly won't be the most important years of your life. They are up to this point but in the big picture high school won't mean much as the years go buy. Unless you're one of those people who peaks in high school and hangs onto the glory of those days because they never accomplished anything more in life. But from what I learned about you on this board, you won't be one of those people. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders and you've picked a very cool career path to get into.

Don't buy the hype that they are the most improtant years of your life, college is way better. Also, as life goes on there will be so many other important things that will happen that will make what happened back in high school seem so small and insignifcant.

High school is still gonna be a fun ride, so enjoy it as much as you can trink39.gif

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 31 2012, 07:53 PM)
It's now been 20 years since I was freshman in high school and while they are important years in growing as an individual and finding out who you are and what you may want to do with your life, they certainly won't be the most important years of your life. They are up to this point but in the big picture high school won't mean much as the years go by. Unless you're one of those people who peaks in high school and hangs onto the glory of those days because they never accomplished anything more in life. But from what I learned about you on this board, you won't be one of those people. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders and you've picked a very cool career path to get into.

Don't buy the hype that they are the most improtant years of your life, college is way better. Also, as life goes on there will be so many other important things that will happen that will make what happened back in high school seem so small and insignifcant.

High school is still gonna be a fun ride, so enjoy it as much as you can trink39.gif

We shouldn't be so quick to dismiss the importance of one's high school years. As we are all unique, we all have unique lives. Many people have gone on to bigger and better things after high school, but there is no guarantee that everyone will do the same.

For many people, high school has indeed been The Most Important Part of their lives. College/career goals are discovered, friends and wives/husbands are made, and even the impact of certain teachers and coaches on a person can be huge. Someone could easily have the time of his life in high school, only to have a humdrum life afterwards. It's a crapshoot for each and everyone of us..... yes.gif yes.gif

My first two years of high school consisted of Guitar Hero and studying one hour before the test...actually make that my first four. Be yourself, if anyone tells you high school will be the best years of your life they're full of crap, don't worry about being popular. Consider your high school career to find career goals you think you'll enjoy. Use all of it, odds are you won't find an answer till the end and even you may not figure it out completely.

I'll be a sophomore, and I will just say that Freshman year is 1000x times better than grade school. yes.gif

Make sure you take fun electives. smile.gif

And don't even bother trying to be popular.

Have fun! biggrin.gif

I'll echo what everyone else said about being popular: don't bother. My freshman year sucked because I tried to fit in. I stopped caring about what other people thought about me after freshman year and I was much happier. I'm a senior now and I have a small group of close friends and I'd rather have it that way than be the most popular person at school.

QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ Aug 31 2012, 08:44 PM)
All I can tell you about my freshman year in high school is that I spent most of it viewing the world from inside my locker.

Wait, that stuff actually happens for real? I thought that was just something they used in movies and on TV?

I was miserable in high school, yet I somehow miss it. In October, my graduating class is having their 25 year reunion. I would love to go but can't make it. I was able to go on to my 20 year reunion though. It was a lot of fun.

I'm not sure I remember half of High School, and what I do remember is the highlights...basketball games, drivers ed, some of my teachers, smoking on the bus stop, the Prom, and of course, my friends. But not all my classmates, and there were only about 110 girls in my graduating class!

Important, yes to start discovering things and learning and maturing, so do not squander it, but dont put so much darn pressure on yourself! Jeez. Have some fun! You have more goals and ideas than I had in my head when I was entering college. You sound level headed. Stay that way.

I'm listed among the missing when it comes to high school reunions, but I was thinking of showing up next year for the 30 year reunion just for the shock value. I still have my hair, I grew about four inches after high school and I'm not fat. That should make me a superstar. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 31 2012, 04:18 PM)

good post!!