Alex Lifeson Interview in Power Play Magazine

Jag2112

There was a nice two-page article/interview with Alex Lifeson that appeared in the July 2012 issue of Power Play Magazine.

Nothing terribly new but some hints on the set list for the upcoming tour.

You can check out the article online via this LINK.

Enjoy-

"..... there have been many amazing things that happened to this band, but probably the one outstanding moment," he offers, "was after Neil's double tragedy ... The first show on the "Vapour Trails" tour was in Hartford, Connecticut. Ged and I walked over to the drum kit and leaned in, past Neil's hardware, looked at Neil and we smiled at each other and we all shared this moment when we couldn't believe that we were here again after that long, dark journey. It connected us in such a powerful way. We were all teary at that point. That was a pretty momentous moment. I can still picture it to this day."

b_sigh.gif

QUOTE (lifeson90 @ Aug 30 2012, 07:09 PM)
"..... there have been many amazing things that happened to this band, but probably the one outstanding moment," he offers, "was after Neil's double tragedy ... The first show on the "Vapour Trails" tour was in Hartford, Connecticut. Ged and I walked over to the drum kit and leaned in, past Neil's hardware, looked at Neil and we smiled at each other and we all shared this moment when we couldn't believe that we were here again after that long, dark journey. It connected us in such a powerful way. We were all teary at that point. That was a pretty momentous moment. I can still picture it to this day."

b_sigh.gif

Awesome.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Aug 30 2012, 07:27 PM)
"so we're really looking at a fresh approach with this tour."

do you think he means it this time? unsure.gif

unlikely. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Bangster of Goats @ Aug 31 2012, 06:05 AM)
Well, at least he didn't mention playing Jacob's Ladder on the upcoming tour.

I love Big Al, I really do, but when he starts talking tour plans I take everything he says with a gigantic grain of salt. wink.gif

Couldn't agree more :-)

QUOTE (Jag2112 @ Aug 30 2012, 03:22 PM)
There was a nice two-page article/interview with Alex Lifeson that appeared in the July 2012 issue of Power Play Magazine.

Enjoy-

"Oh, there's plenty of outside pressure, we just don't listen to it"

Yet, they rely on a fair number of outsiders for their "chosen" sound. Are they dumb or only think that we are?

"there have been many amazing things that happened to this band, but probably the one outstanding moment," he offers, "was after Neil's double tragedy ... The first show on the "Vapour Trails" tour was in Hartford, Connecticut. Ged and I walked over to the drum kit and leaned in, past Neil's hardware, looked at Neil and we smiled at each other and we all shared this moment when we couldn't believe that we were here again after that long, dark journey. It connected us in such a powerful way. We were all teary at that point. That was a pretty momentous moment. I can still picture it to this day"

caught them in at staples center in LA on the vapor trails tour. first song was Tom Sawyer and the second tune was DEW. I had tears in me eyes that entire song cause i was so happy they made it through such a ruff patch of life. plus it was along time since i had seen them live. loved that tour. heck loved them all. looking forward to seeing them in a few months.

Edited by shail

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Aug 31 2012, 12:39 AM)

b_sigh.gif

Awesome.

I was at that show and you could tell it was an emotional moment whan they came out. I think it was emotional for all 2.gif fans.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Aug 31 2012, 08:30 AM)

Enjoy-

Yet, they rely on a fair number of outsiders for their "chosen" sound. Are they dumb or only think that we are?

No, I'm pretty sure they think only YOU'RE dumb, assuming they have been on this forum before

Enjoy-

Do you even like this band?

QUOTE (Sticklight @ Aug 31 2012, 10:04 AM)

Enjoy-

Do you even like this band?

I do, but very unhappy with the multitude of poor decisions they've made in recent times, on nearly every level.

Edited by GeminiRising79

QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ Aug 31 2012, 08:41 AM)
QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Aug 31 2012, 12:39 AM)

b_sigh.gif

Awesome.

I was at that show and you could tell it was an emotional moment whan they came out. I think it was emotional for all 2.gif fans.

I made the trip from Dallas, I will never forget that night. Very emotional for everyone there.