Something we won't hear

sdhonda

Please tell me this is a joke................

#12 - Posted 8/29/12 @8:33PM by 1-2-bucklemyshoe [contact]

I just got off the phone with Alex. He said that the band decided to forego the usual concert format and he confirmed that there will be two medleys -- but (wait for it...) those two medleys WILL BE THE WHOLE SHOW!!!!

Yes, you heard it here first: they are going to do TWO medleys which will encompass their ENTIRE CATALOG, beginning with their eponymous first album all the way to "Man of Steel: the Soundtrack" which will be their 2013 release (don't know if I'm supposed to mention that, but, what the hell...)

They haven't quite settled on whether they will do it in a completely chronological manner or mix it up, but, as Alex says, they never finalize the set-list until almost the conclusion of rehearsals.

He said that they will play a minute and a half of all the CA songs, focusing on the string sections (since they hired the orchestra, they felt like they needed to get their money's worth) and about one minute for each of their 156 songs.

So they are going to play non-stop for 1 and a half hours, then take a break (they did consider foregoing the break, but decided not to risk it) and finish the second medley in 1 and a half hours.

I am stoked!

QUOTE (dayglow76 @ Aug 29 2012, 10:53 PM)

I just got off the phone with Alex. He said that the band decided to forego the usual concert format and he confirmed that there will be two medleys -- but (wait for it...) those two medleys WILL BE THE WHOLE SHOW!!!!

Yes, you heard it here first: they are going to do TWO medleys which will encompass their ENTIRE CATALOG, beginning with their eponymous first album all the way to "Man of Steel: the Soundtrack" which will be their 2013 release (don't know if I'm supposed to mention that, but, what the hell...)

They haven't quite settled on whether they will do it in a completely chronological manner or mix it up, but, as Alex says, they never finalize the set-list until almost the conclusion of rehearsals.

He said that they will play a minute and a half of all the CA songs, focusing on the string sections (since they hired the orchestra, they felt like they needed to get their money's worth) and about one minute for each of their 156 songs.

So they are going to play non-stop for 1 and a half hours, then take a break (they did consider foregoing the break, but decided not to risk it) and finish the second medley in 1 and a half hours.

I am stoked!

this is what is commonly referred to as trolling.

QUOTE (dayglow76 @ Aug 30 2012, 12:53 PM)

I am stoked!

Sounded like bollocks from the first sentence "I just got off the phone with Alex". A medley of 160+ songs in 3 hours?! What does that break down to? 30-45 seconds of each tune? Sure.

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Aug 29 2012, 11:18 PM)

I am stoked!

It's just a bad attempt at humor.

QUOTE (substancewithoutstyle @ Aug 30 2012, 01:51 AM)
QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Aug 29 2012, 11:18 PM)

I am stoked!

It's just a bad attempt at humor.

Epic comedy fail! So bad that he gets booed off.....

new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

I am stoked!

I just got off the phone with Alex also and he told me something totally different.

And I quote:

"Stop calling me or I'm calling the police!"

I am stoked!

If anybody honestly thought this "report" was real in anyway, you're too stupid to be allowed back on the internet laugh.gif This is even worse than Tombstone Mountians fake reports.

As for the link in the first post that provides us the real story, I wonder since we're a week away from opening night if the set has been finalized yet? I know Alex said it changes during rehearsals, but with only a short time left until the tour starts I think whatever they're playing for the tour should be set now.

Edited by J2112YYZ

I am stoked!

Comedic Poodoo!

062802puke_prv.gif

As for the actual Article from RIAB: Nice to hear the Boys are considering another tour after the CA tour. I think we might get 2112 along with two new songs for R40!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 30 2012, 06:51 AM)
As for the link in the first post that provides us the real story, I wonder since we're a week away from opening night if the set has been finalized yet? I know Alex said it changes during rehearsals, but with only a short time left until the tour starts I think whatever they're playing for the tour should be set now.

I read it like it was an interview they did weeks ago just being used now.

QUOTE (Brava Doh! @ Aug 30 2012, 08:48 AM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 30 2012, 06:51 AM)

I read it like it was an interview they did weeks ago just being used now.

Yes, you're probably right. It was an interview for a music magazine (those still exist? laugh.gif ) so it was likely done a number of weeks ago.