09 - Best Song From Signals

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1272 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Subdivisions
    • The Analog Kid
    • Chemistry
    • Digital Man
    • The Weapon
    • New World Man
    • Losing It
    • Countdown

For me, easily Analog Kid. The bass line is mad. And the lyrics!

I know everyone likes the "when I leave..."

But just before it, "Too many hands on my time, too many feelings..too many thins on my mind"

Just returns me to when I was a young man, and sums up everything I was feeling at that time.

Perfect concept from Rush, perfect timing for me.

it was a very tough choice (as i love subdivisions) BUT it has to be analog kid for me :yes: especially the different stages version. alex's solo on that just blows me away.i just love how it changes between uptempo to a more melancholy rhythm guitar throughout the whole song too. but subdivisions is sublime rush at their best too :notworthy:

This is probably my third favorite album by the band (behind PeW and MP). Chemistry, New World Man, Losing It and Countdown are all eliminated from being the "best" song immediately. It is so close between all the others though. I have to go with Subdivisions, but TAK, DM and TW are right on top of it.

This is really tough. Not a clinker at all and all of them rock. A few years ago I probably would have said Subdivisions or New World Man...but I'm going to pick Countdown as being my newest favorite. I love all of the songs though.

I had trouble choosing a track on Signals, but ultimately went with The Analog Kid; it's just such a brilliant piece of music. I don't recall which tour it was, but I remember being blown away by how tight they were on the tempo change into the chorus. Also, the guitar solo is probably the best on the record. A great Alex moment!

i heard the live version and went back to listen to the album version, and yes, Weapon IS my type of tune from Signals....=)

I love Subdivisions and Analog Kid, but had to vote Losing It.

It's so unigue in so many aspects, from the guest musician to thejazz like bridge and the really subtle power in the music.

The songs speaks about us all, which is something to identify with, but the music is all win.

I was 13 when Signals came out, so it brings back a ton of memories every time I hear it.

Love every song on this album except New World Man, which isn't bad either. I voted for Analog kid for the amazing musicianship, and how incredible it sounded live (just yesterday).