The Wreckers VS Cold Fire

losingit2k

Which do you like better, The Wreckers or Cold Fire?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like better, The Wreckers or Cold Fire?

• The Wreckers
    • Cold Fire

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (eshine @ Aug 29 2012, 01:06 AM)
Hmm, I cannot find a single similarity in these two tracks other then they were both written and performed by Rush.

Well if you can't find a single similarity, than I really have no respect for your abilities to critique music.

wink.gif

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Aug 28 2012, 06:41 PM)
QUOTE (DistantEarlyRushFan @ Aug 28 2012, 06:40 PM)
I also don't see how the songs are related, musically or lyrically.  confused13.gif

Can someone explain?

Shoehorned choruses would be my guess tongue.gif

I see nothing of that in either songs.

I also don't see how the songs are related, musically or lyrically. confused13.gif

Can someone explain?

Fine: eyesre4.gif

Its the structure of the songs:

Both songs start with heavy rhythm guitar from Alex and goes into a softer more relaxed verse / Bridge followed by faster and heavier choruses only to repeat. Its the overall feel and composition of the songs that are similar.

The difference comes during the Guitar Solo-(Cold Fire) and Break/Bridge -The Wreckers

Finally both songs vamp on Choruses.

Except for the bridges these songs are similar in their overall feel and compostion. It has nothing to do with Lyrics and or Notes being played.

Its Abacab damn it!

wacko.gif fing.gif wacko.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 29 2012, 09:15 AM)
I also don't see how the songs are related, musically or lyrically.  confused13.gif

Can someone explain?

Fine: eyesre4.gif

Its the structure of the songs:

Both songs start with heavy rhythm guitar from Alex and goes into a softer more relaxed verse / Bridge followed by faster and heavier choruses only to repeat. Its the overall feel and composition of the songs that are similar.

The difference comes during the Guitar Solo-(Cold Fire) and Break/Bridge -The Wreckers

Finally both songs vamp on Choruses.

Except for the bridges these songs are similar in their overall feel and compostion. It has nothing to do with Lyrics and or Notes being played.

Its Abacab damn it!

wacko.gif fing.gif wacko.gif

There are hundreds of songs by Rush and other bands in Abacab

You know how I tell them apart? --> Lyrics and or Notes being played

They're similar songs??? confused13.gif Well... I love "The Wreckers" and I don't care for "Cold Fire" much at all, so there goes that theory.

(I voted for "The Wreckers.")

Easy "Cold Fire" it just kicks ass on a lot of levels that The Wreckers just doesn't. It has a bomb ass solo by Alex as opposed to an outgoing solo for 8 seconds. I see the structure relation between the songs but other than that they are pretty different..

To me Cold Fire is the better song. Always found it catchy and placed properly on that album. Its a great 10th track

I like The Wreckers, but Coldfire is WAY better.

The chorus in Coldfire kicks the crap out of The Wreckers', and the whole thing is more rocking.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Aug 29 2012, 07:46 PM)
All I know is that sometimes you have to be wary of a miracle too good to be true,
All I know is that sometimes the truth is contrary everything in life you thought you knew
All I know is that sometimes you have to be wary, 'cause sometimes the target is you

it's horrible.
somebody needs to remind neil that he's not writing a book and i'm surprised that geddy was ok singing some of these lyrics.  c'mon ged grow a pair and say something to neil like, these lyrics suck.  tongue.gif

Yeah but what will he follow that up with?

"Here, try these instead:

Hey drownies, it's a quarter to eight!

I'm in a contrary mood!

HEY DROWNIES! The hour is late!

'Cos sometimes the target is YOUUUU!!"

Edited by Del_Duio