Signals Question

pdurbin22

I've seen several people predict that "Signals" will be heavily represented on this tour. Did the band hint at something that I missed, or is it just because it happens to be the 20th anniversary?

My gut tells me that we won't get more than 1-2 songs seeing as they have much of "Clockwork Angels" to focus on, but I'm dying to finally hear "The Analog Kid" and could picture "Losing It" given the strings.

QUOTE (dtpoet @ Aug 28 2012, 09:55 AM)
I'm predicting Subdivisions, Analog Kid, Losin' it, and New World Man

Very good prediction, I think Digital Man has a Ghost of a Chance as well since they played it not to long ago!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 28 2012, 12:07 PM)

Very good Analogy, I think Digital Man has a Ghost of a Chance as well!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

who knows what they're gonna play..it'll be held under lock and key, so resume the countdown rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 28 2012, 12:09 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 28 2012, 12:07 PM)

Very good Analogy, I think Digital Man has a Ghost of a Chance as well!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

who knows what they're gonna play..it'll be held under lock and key, so resume the countdown rofl3.gif

Only the Watchmaker can resume the Countdown you Anarchist!

rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

I would so love to believe that many songs from Signals will get played since it's my second fave album.

I see no reason why they can't play Losing It on this tour since they now have an orchestra that could do it.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 28 2012, 01:52 PM)
I would so love to believe that many songs from Signals will get played since it's my second fave album.

I see no reason why they can't play Losing It on this tour since they now have an orchestra that could do it.

You and me Brother! Losing It is my Favorite RUSH song, was since I was first turned on to RUSH during Signals. If it doesn't happen during this tour, I feel it will never happen. They have a string section...They Need to play Losing It!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Well, they're certainly doing Subdivisions no doubt. I could be wrong but I don't believe that song has ever been dropped. If it has been dropped then it probably wasn't for long.

I think Analog Kid has a good shot at coming back this year. Because of the strings I think Losing It is a strong posiibility. I'm hoping The Weapon might get thrown in there as well. I think they'll acknowledge the 30th anniversary of Signals by playing maybe three songs from it, but it won't be the focus.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 28 2012, 09:33 PM)
Well, they're certainly doing Subdivisions no doubt. I could be wrong but I don't believe that song has ever been dropped. If it has been dropped then it probably wasn't for long.

I think Analog Kid has a good shot at coming back this year. Because of the strings I think Losing It is a strong posiibility. I'm hoping The Weapon might get thrown in there as well. I think they'll acknowledge the 30th anniversary of Signals by playing maybe three songs from it, but it won't be the focus.

I agree we'll probably get 3 songs from Signals maybe more but the focus will be Clockwork Angels:

Definitely:

Subdivisions

The Analog Kid

New World Man

Possible:

Losing It

Digital Man

The Weapon

Long Shots:

Chemistry

Countdown

confused13.gif

Edited by losingit2k

I love Signals but I think two of the first three songs you listed is probably all we get. Of those, I'd prefer NWM and Analog Kid this time out, but that's just me.

Subdivisions wasn't played on at least one tour, I think...Counterparts, maybe? They did a shortened version on the RTB tour previous to that. So it isn't out of the realm of possibility that they leave it out again.

QUOTE (Alchemical @ Aug 28 2012, 08:24 PM)
God, I would love it if they played The Weapon and Losing It

So would I!!! I remember hearing The Weapon on the P/G Tour CD and I got goosebumps. I'd love to actually BE THERE to hear 'em play it, but we shall see.

I want them to play Subdivisions, Chemistry, Losing It, and Countdown.

I think That'd be great as 3 of those are real rarities!

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 28 2012, 05:13 PM)

You and me Brother! Losing It is my Favorite RUSH song, was since I was first turned on to RUSH during Signals. If it doesn't happen during this tour, I feel it will never happen. They have a string section...They Need to play Losing It!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

If they don't play it this time around, it'll never happen.

They have a string section afterall!

I predict YYZ, Subdivisions, Closer to the Heart, Tom Sawyer.....shocker!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/g600616996.gif

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Aug 30 2012, 10:13 AM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 28 2012, 05:13 PM)

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

If they don't play it this time around, it'll never happen.

They have a string section afterall!

It's gonna happen--name it and claim it in the name of the great Sterling Hayden laugh.gif