Autographs

Dscrapre

Pat - I'm by no means an autograph expert (or even novice for that matter), but my first thought on seeing your pics was that I'm pretty sure that silver markers weren't available in the early 90's (if that's when they're claiming when these were signed). Not sure if this helps you any - good luck!

Definitely NOT Neil's legit signature—he never signed like that. The hand signed lithograph I have is from the mid 90's, and all the signatures look totally consistent with current ones. I don't think they've changed their signatures much over the years, unless you go back before 1980 maybe, but even some very old ones look much more like the current ones than any of the signatures on your items. That Geddy sig on the second album looks totally fake also. The Alex sigs look close, but wrong. Sorry to give a disappointing opinion, but I'd be in shock if these turned out to be real.

Definitely NOT Neil's legit signature—he never signed like that. The hand signed lithograph I have is from the mid 90's, and all the signatures look totally consistent with current ones. I don't think they've changed their signatures much over the years, unless you go back before 1980 maybe, but even some very old ones look much more like the current ones than any of the signatures on your items. That Geddy sig on the second album looks totally fake also. The Alex sigs look close, but wrong. Sorry to give a disappointing opinion, but I'd be in shock if these turned out to be real.

+1, sorry.

It's a stretch but I thought I'd try - I have Geddy's solo CD autographed and would like Alex's as well then frame them and display.

If anyone has one they'd like to sell - I'd be interested in hearing from you.

Will you pay $2,112?

Rush Autograph Experts,

I really need help evaluating these two albums. I got them from the family of Al Munson. He was a bootleg photographer during the late 70's, 80's and early 90's. He was famous even though much of his work was illegal. Besides taking photos and selling/publishing he was also an avid autograph collector and was co-owner of a store named Rainbow Rock in Brick NJ. The 2 albums came from him and were supposed to be signed in the early 90's. Can you offer feedback as to the potential authenticity of these items? I don't trust PSA/DNA (Steven Grad), JSA (Roger Epperson), or GAI (Michael Hoppe) for I know them to be suspect in correctly analyzing music autographs. (All sell their own memorabilia on the side which is a huge conflict of interest). The Alex and Geddy look consistent to me but I am struggling with the Neil Peart. Did he ever sign like this? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! I am really looking for expert opinion. I realize Neils current autographs doesn’t look like this but Al Munson is very reputable and I am very confused.

Thanks! Pat

http://s741.photobucket.com/user/cernichjp/media/IMG_0001800x600_zpsc013dde5.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

http://s741.photobucket.com/user/cernichjp/media/IMG_0053800x600_zps7ee04543.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE!!!!!!!! run from both.

Rush Autograph Experts,

I really need help evaluating these two albums. I got them from the family of Al Munson. He was a bootleg photographer during the late 70's, 80's and early 90's. He was famous even though much of his work was illegal. Besides taking photos and selling/publishing he was also an avid autograph collector and was co-owner of a store named Rainbow Rock in Brick NJ. The 2 albums came from him and were supposed to be signed in the early 90's. Can you offer feedback as to the potential authenticity of these items? I don't trust PSA/DNA (Steven Grad), JSA (Roger Epperson), or GAI (Michael Hoppe) for I know them to be suspect in correctly analyzing music autographs. (All sell their own memorabilia on the side which is a huge conflict of interest). The Alex and Geddy look consistent to me but I am struggling with the Neil Peart. Did he ever sign like this? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! I am really looking for expert opinion. I realize Neils current autographs doesn’t look like this but Al Munson is very reputable and I am very confused.

Thanks! Pat

http://s741.photobucket.com/user/cernichjp/media/IMG_0001800x600_zpsc013dde5.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

http://s741.photobucket.com/user/cernichjp/media/IMG_0053800x600_zps7ee04543.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

You know, I get the feeling that the o.p. might be the executer of those fake sigs. He's trolling here to see if his efforts will pass muster with the faithful. I have absolutely no evidence to back this up this hunch, just sayin'.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%20posters/Rushposter003.jpg

Edited by Huge Ackman

Rush Autograph Experts,

Thanks! Pat

You know, I get the feeling that the o.p. might be the executer of those fake sigs. He's trolling here to see if his efforts will pass muster with the faithful. I have absolutely no evidence to back this up this hunch, just sayin'.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%20posters/Rushposter003.jpg

I agree with you john!!

There are too many of us to allow that. I am no "expert" but am confident in my ability to determine a fake from an authentic RUSH autograph.

I was referring to cernichip, the one who originally posted these sigs, looking for input from TRF members about their authenticity. I wasn't suggesting that you were involved in any fakery. cernichip has only two posts and a suspect story about how he/she came to be in possession of these forgeries. Therefore, I call "SHENANIGANS!"

There are too many of us to allow that. I am no "expert" but am confident in my ability to determine a fake from an authentic RUSH autograph.

I was referring to cernichip, the one who originally posted these sigs, looking for input from TRF members about their authenticity. I wasn't suggesting that you were involved in any fakery. cernichip has only two posts and a suspect story about how he/she came to be in possession of these forgeries. Therefore, I call "SHENANIGANS!"

I understand completely. Was refering to The TRF community who are always look out for the best interest of its members :)