Autographs

Dscrapre

I did get one of Alex's picks at Atlantic City so I was happy about that and I plan on putting everything together and framing it.

Cheers,

frippy

That's cool. You saw my post after the AC show regarding the pick Alex threw me? I "should" have one, but thanks to the jerk next to me I don't.

This happened to me as well :facepalm:

Alex threw me one at the first Halifax show but then it bounced off my hand and the bloke behind me who stood in an awkard angle and certainly not in the direction the pick was coming from when Al threw it my way managed to steal it from me :banghead: This guy lthen looked at me with such an arrogant smirk on his face and when I told him it was really meant for me he then tucked it really slowly into his pocket of his pants. He so was NOT intended to have gotten it from Alex and he damn well knew it!!

I did get one of Alex's picks at Atlantic City so I was happy about that and I plan on putting everything together and framing it.

Cheers,

frippy

That's cool. You saw my post after the AC show regarding the pick Alex threw me? I "should" have one, but thanks to the jerk next to me I don't.

Alex threw me one at the first Halifax show but then it bounced off my hand and the bloke behind me who stood in an awkard angle and certainly not in the direction the pick was coming from when Al threw it my way managed to steal it from me :banghead: This guy lthen looked at me with such an arrogant smirk on his face and when I told him it was really meant for me he then tucked it really slowly into his pocket of his pants. He so was NOT intended to have gotten it from Alex and he damn well knew it!!

Bad karma for that guy too, Catch The Mystery! :D-13:

• Like 1

Cheers,

frippy

Thank you frippy :cheers:

• Like 1

Cheers,

frippy

That was just low of that guy to do that. I mean really.

• Like 1

Cheers,

frippy

The guy next to me saw it sticking out from under my frigging shoe and took it. I still get pissed thinking about it.

• Like 1

Cheers,

frippy

The guy next to me saw it sticking out from under my frigging shoe and took it. I still get pissed thinking about it.

Wow, now that really takes the biscuit! I'm speechless, I can't believe anyone can go so low as to do this to a fellow fan. It's sad to see that there are these types of 'fans' out there.

• Like 2

Cheers,

frippy

At the Palace of Auburn hills show last September, Alex had wandered across the stage and was closer to Ged's keyboard when he flicked his pick at half-time. Low light, failing eye-sight and slower-than-my-former-goalie-quick reflexes had the frisbeeing plastic discette float about 1 inch above my outstretched hand. It zipped past me and landed two rows behind... and NOBODY saw that this had happened. I took a look around to see who was where and if anybody was scurrying on hands and knees to retrieve the unclaimed treasure... but NO... nobody moving. I thought about sort of wandering back to crawl around but saw a young man hanging right where the pick had landed so I waved at him and yelled at him to look down. "What?!" "Alex tossed his pick this way and it landed at your feet... look down!"

He looked down, scoured the floor and came up with GOLD! He held it up and waved and gave me huge mouthed "THANK YOU! Today is my birthday... this is PERFECT! Thank you!" I watched him show the folks around him, all giving him pats on back and high fives, and older gent ( I assume his dad ) looked my way with a thumbs up and a "Thanks!" as well... I would have loved to catch that thing but felt all warm and fuzzy that a young fan with many more years to appreciate his birthday gift landed that gem. Rock on!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%2007%20Marysville/Rush07Marysville129.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%20posters/Rushposter001.jpg

• Like 1

Cheers,

frippy

At the Palace of Auburn hills show last September, Alex had wandered across the stage and was closer to Ged's keyboard when he flicked his pick at half-time. Low light, failing eye-sight and slower-than-my-former-goalie-quick reflexes had the frisbeeing plastic discette float about 1 inch above my outstretched hand. It zipped past me and landed two rows behind... and NOBODY saw that this had happened. I took a look around to see who was where and if anybody was scurrying on hands and knees to retrieve the unclaimed treasure... but NO... nobody moving. I thought about sort of wandering back to crawl around but saw a young man hanging right where the pick had landed so I waved at him and yelled at him to look down. "What?!" "Alex tossed his pick this way and it landed at your feet... look down!"

He looked down, scoured the floor and came up with GOLD! He held it up and waved and gave me huge mouthed "THANK YOU! Today is my birthday... this is PERFECT! Thank you!" I watched him show the folks around him, all giving him pats on back and high fives, and older gent ( I assume his dad ) looked my way with a thumbs up and a "Thanks!" as well... I would have loved to catch that thing but felt all warm and fuzzy that a young fan with many more years to appreciate his birthday gift landed that gem. Rock on!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%2007%20Marysville/Rush07Marysville129.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%20posters/Rushposter001.jpg

I remember that, I was Row 4, I was one of the high-fivers :) I recall him being the birthday boy. :rush:

I'm hoping to hand-deliver my CW cd (with return postage) to someone at the venue early on show day, or the night before for KC.

• Like 1

I remember that, I was Row 4, I was one of the high-fivers :) I recall him being the birthday boy. :rush:

I was in row 3 and birthday boy (celebrating his 16th) was in row 5. A bummer of a missed opportunity for me but very nice that somebody special gathered in the treasure...

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%2007%20Marysville/Rush07Marysville080.jpg

I just called Pepsi Center Guest Relations and left a message, hopefully they will call me back before I go to pick up my husband because I will be heading over to the Post Office to send our Honeymoon photo that John Arrowsmith took to have it signed, the receptionist that I spoke to made it sound like they do it all of the time so I think that would be a good venue to try.

I just called Pepsi Center Guest Relations and left a message, hopefully they will call me back before I go to pick up my husband because I will be heading over to the Post Office to send our Honeymoon photo that John Arrowsmith took to have it signed, the receptionist that I spoke to made it sound like they do it all of the time so I think that would be a good venue to try.

I don't want to wait too long, since the concert is in a week. I'll keep an eye on this post, but I may just go ahead and send it anyways.

I may not be THE best wife in the world (lack of cooking skills lowers my overall score),

but this surprise for my air-drumming Mister's birthday should at least place me in the top ten, eh?...

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g360/Puppyloo/photo.jpg

Wish it was in the silver sharpie that I sent along since the pics rather dark itself, but shouldn't dampen his freak-out too much.

(Special thanks to John and the fellas for making this possible!)

:D

Edited by Puppyloo
  • Like 1

Don't know if it was the nature of my item or what but Salt Lake was a fail for me? I at least recieved my item back in my prepaid envelope. I had felt very good about my chances, having spoke to the gal at the venue when I was there, and I know it was with other items recieved. If anyone else recieved Salt Lake success please post. I had risked a jersey that belonged to a friend that passed away last year, feeling it would be a great memory to have it signed. Maybe they don't do clothing for fear people will wash out the personalization or something? Yeah, I'm disapointed having just got home from two weeks vacation, two shows and a trip with my family to California, hearing it had arrived made me excited but no cigar. Who knows when we can try again? Two years? It just makes my letdown of the tour's end even more huge. But hey, I caught Geddys shirt and saw two of the best shows of my life so I can't really bitch.

Don't know if it was the nature of my item or what but Salt Lake was a fail for me? I at least recieved my item back in my prepaid envelope. I had felt very good about my chances, having spoke to the gal at the venue when I was there, and I know it was with other items recieved. If anyone else recieved Salt Lake success please post. I had risked a jersey that belonged to a friend that passed away last year, feeling it would be a great memory to have it signed. Maybe they don't do clothing for fear people will wash out the personalization or something? Yeah, I'm disapointed having just got home from two weeks vacation, two shows and a trip with my family to California, hearing it had arrived made me excited but no cigar. Who knows when we can try again? Two years? It just makes my letdown of the tour's end even more huge. But hey, I caught Geddys shirt and saw two of the best shows of my life so I can't really bitch.

Sorry to hear they didn't sign it. Maybe next tour send a photo or CD booklet that you can have professionally framed and matted with the jersey? (That way, you at least have them on SOMEthing.) They might not be in favor of signing jerseys, but I highly doubt it has anything to do with removing the personalization. As an autograph collector (mainly sports) for the past 15 years, since I was in high school, I can safely say that you're much more likely to ruin the signatures trying to remove a personalization from clothing than from a glossy photo. With a photo, as long as it's glossy, all you do is put a tiny bit of rubbing alcohol on a Qtip and gently dab it on the personalization, and gently wipe it off with a damp (but not wet!) paper towel (just be extremely careful to not get any on the signatures!). I've also heard that you can scribble over what you want removed with a dry-erase marker, and then wipe it off with something dry (but I've never tried that).

P.S. Before anyone chimes in to make snide or sarcastic comments about autograph seekers (adult ones, anyway), most of us are not low-life ebay dealers who shove kids out of the way and have tons of items for each person to sign. For me it's always been a fun hobby, and I think that getting into it in high school (along with my parents' teachings) helped me stay away from drinking, drugs, and all the other stupid stuff that teenagers and twenty-somethings do. I'm now 30 and still have never done anything worse than try to hide a couple of bad middle-school report cards in my lifetime.

It should read to "Grey" but the boys wrote to "Greg". Think I must change my name now. :o

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/DSCN0915_zpsaa275ad6.jpg

• Like 3

Pat, upload to an image hosting site (such as Photobucket or Imageshack) and then copy the link that's in the tags. Paste into your post and the image should show up for us. :)

Edit: typo! :blush:

Edited by Bluefunk

Rush Autograph Experts,

I really need help evaluating these two albums. I got them from the family of Al Munson. He was a bootleg photographer during the late 70's, 80's and early 90's. He was famous even though much of his work was illegal. Besides taking photos and selling/publishing he was also an avid autograph collector and was co-owner of a store named Rainbow Rock in Brick NJ. The 2 albums came from him and were supposed to be signed in the early 90's. Can you offer feedback as to the potential authenticity of these items? I don't trust PSA/DNA (Steven Grad), JSA (Roger Epperson), or GAI (Michael Hoppe) for I know them to be suspect in correctly analyzing music autographs. (All sell their own memorabilia on the side which is a huge conflict of interest). The Alex and Geddy look consistent to me but I am struggling with the Neil Peart. Did he ever sign like this? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! I am really looking for expert opinion. I realize Neils current autographs doesn’t look like this but Al Munson is very reputable and I am very confused.

Thanks! Pat

http://s741.photobucket.com/user/cernichjp/media/IMG_0001800x600_zpsc013dde5.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

http://s741.photobucket.com/user/cernichjp/media/IMG_0053800x600_zps7ee04543.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1