Autographs

Dscrapre

Anyone know if the Sprint Center in KC forwards mail? Just sent a question through their "contact us" part of their website...whether or not i'll hear anything in time to ship is another story..

I got my poster and album back from Copps Coliseum in Hamilton, I was happy till I opened them up, they came back unsigned I was sad, what a bummer.

I got my "All the worlds a stage"album signed at Copps in 2011, during the time machine tour, I never posted it before here it is

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/4218/2nh1.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I got my poster and album back from Copps Coliseum in Hamilton, I was happy till I opened them up, they came back unsigned I was sad, what a bummer.

uh oh :(

I guess the band doesn't like us being greedy and trying to get two things signed.

Just sent an email to Rogers Arena asking if they'll forward my stuff to the band. Hopefully they will.

Let me know what they say... I'd like to mail off a note of appreciation to the boys....!

I'll make sure to let you know. Now I've got to decide if I want my Clockwork Angels vinyl or tourbook autographed. So many decisions.

Thank you for contacting Rogers Arena with your question.

We recommend reaching out to the promoter and/or http://www.rush.com/ for information on where you can send them your fan mail. We will not be accepting any fan mail on their behalf.

Well, that sounds like a 'no'. That's pretty shitty, but I guess venues must get kind of tired getting fan mail sometimes, and this kind of thing might be increasing in popularity. I'd really like to pass on a 'thank you' to the band, though... guess I'll have to send something to Rush HQ or something, that they'd maybe get after the tour. Too bad I couldn't just toss a note up on the stage... "Thank you so much for 'Where's My Thing?'!"

That's why I figure the best bet is to NOT contact the venue, send something that you won't miss if it doesn't get returned in any way, and don't complain if it comes back unsigned.

I look at it this way...if you post something to the attention of someone playing their venue, and it's not TOO far in advance, they can either forward it, or mark it "return to sender". If they toss it, then they are violating the law...plain and simple.

EDIT: Oh, and to those of you trying to send to multiple places, and multiple times, SHAME on you! You are probably making it harder for those people that haven't gotten something signed yet!

Edited by Jaminbenb

Bummer for those who got stuff back unsigned. I have had a couple things not even come back.

love the drumming picture

good luck for those still waiting

anyone have a guess on how many they sign per venue

That's why I figure the best bet is to NOT contact the venue, send something that you won't miss if it doesn't get returned in any way, and don't complain if it comes back unsigned.

I look at it this way...if you post something to the attention of someone playing their venue, and it's not TOO far in advance, they can either forward it, or mark it "return to sender". If they toss it, then they are violating the law...plain and simple.

EDIT: Oh, and to those of you trying to send to multiple places, and multiple times, SHAME on you! You are probably making it harder for those people that haven't gotten something signed yet!

I don't understand how not having a clue whether the venue even considers forwarding mail is a best bet, but otherwise I totally agree with you. I could easily have just sent my DVD booklet, hoping they'd return it signed to me, but I already got lucky once, and my luck usually sucks. Even knowing mail is forwarded is no guarantee that the band will have the time or energy that day, or that the particular venue won't get a deluge of fan mail for that one date, making it a much bigger imposition on the band and tour manager. The fact that they gave an inch for me once doesn't equate to an invitation for me to take a mile. So, rather than be insatiable, I decided to make an effort to pay my good luck forward, and it paid off for my buddy of 25 years. Aside from my near complete SNAFU with regard to the Newark show last year, I have been way more fortunate than anyone could realistically expect with regard to my experiences with Rush. I take none of it for granted.

• Like 1

I don't understand how not having a clue whether the venue even considers forwarding mail is a best bet, but otherwise I totally agree with you. I could easily have just sent my DVD booklet, hoping they'd return it signed to me, but I already got lucky once, and my luck usually sucks. Even knowing mail is forwarded is no guarantee that the band will have the time or energy that day, or that the particular venue won't get a deluge of fan mail for that one date, making it a much bigger imposition on the band and tour manager. The fact that they gave an inch for me once doesn't equate to an invitation for me to take a mile. So, rather than be insatiable, I decided to make an effort to pay my good luck forward, and it paid off for my buddy of 25 years. Aside from my near complete SNAFU with regard to the Newark show last year, I have been way more fortunate than anyone could realistically expect with regard to my experiences with Rush. I take none of it for granted.

I know what you mean HalfwayToGone. I have sent two things at two different times. First was something signed for my husband- complete surprise and he loved it. Next tour I had something signed for myself. That's it, not sending anything else ever. Let other people have a chance with getting stuff personally signed.

I did get one of Alex's picks at Atlantic City so I was happy about that and I plan on putting everything together and framing it.

Cheers,

frippy

I totally agree about hogging the time of the guys for multiple sigs

I tried for hubby twice and had no luck, then tried for me, and got the tour book back signed.

Hubby can try himself if he really wants one...lol

It isn't very clear in this picture but I took some photos I took during the show and the tickets and framed it all up together. Quality of pictures are not that great since it was just a cell phone and I was in row 12, but really this is just for me to remember what a great time I had along with the siggies.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2zho5xl.jpg

Edited by hcm
  • Like 3

I did get one of Alex's picks at Atlantic City so I was happy about that and I plan on putting everything together and framing it.

Cheers,

frippy

That's cool. You saw my post after the AC show regarding the pick Alex threw me? I "should" have one, but thanks to the jerk next to me I don't.

• Like 2

Cheers,

frippy

That's cool. You saw my post after the AC show regarding the pick Alex threw me? I "should" have one, but thanks to the jerk next to me I don't.

I remember that. Well, karma is going to get that guy. Trust me.

• Like 1

Yeah, I actually attended a KISS meet and greet last tour, and they had an autograph session after the private acoustic set. Paul Stanley signed a copy of Kissology vol. 1 (all black cover) in dark blue sharpie. Invisible except at the correct angle. Gene used a white one, and Paul had a white one in his hand,but didn't use it. Edited by HalfwayToGone

Yup, no luck in Hamilton. Lame.

I'm sorry to hear that you weren't successful with Hamilton. I just got back from the two Halifax shows and found this in my mail. Perhaps they had time only to sign some of the stuff that was sent? I really appreciate that they still take the time before some shows to do this. Thanks guys!

http://jeamland.ca/~mike/IMG_0334_crop_500.jpg

• Like 1