Autographs

Dscrapre

I got my album back from the Charlotte show 2 days after the show!

The post office put the wrong postage on the package ( :eyeroll: ) but fortunately I was smart enough to send the package to my office, with a return address of my house. So due to insufficient postage, they mailed it to my house - so I got it anyway! :D

now as others have said - instructions on how to post, and I'll happily post a Pic!

I decided to send my hemispheres cd booklet to Seattle. If I'm very lucky, not only will Rush put some sharpie ink on my booklet, but I'll also be seeing Soundgarden in NYC that night. It's Nov. 13 that day--we'll see if 13 is bad luck or good luck. My parents' first date was on a Friday the 13th, so I'm still undecided if that was bad luck or good luck... :laughing guy:

The post office put the wrong postage on the package ( :eyeroll: ) but fortunately I was smart enough to send the package to my office, with a return address of my house. So due to insufficient postage, they mailed it to my house - so I got it anyway! :D

now as others have said - instructions on how to post, and I'll happily post a Pic!

i am sorry for asking this if someone already explained it, but specifically about albums, how did you package the Hemispheres LP cover? i want to send the same album, and have checked with some venues in TX ( both Houston and San Antonio responded yes!). my only doubt is the best way to send albums. i did not see an explanation in the earlier posts

i am sorry for asking this if someone already explained it, but specifically about albums, how did you package the Hemispheres LP cover? i want to send the same album, and have checked with some venues in TX ( both Houston and San Antonio responded yes!). my only doubt is the best way to send albums. i did not see an explanation in the earlier posts

I can answer that for you, but it will need to be later today. Send me a message if I forget...

I put my album cover in a large padded envelope I purchased from Staples sandwiched between two pieces of cardboard. I addressed it to Liam Birt who is apparently their tour manager and is with them and then c/o Rush and the name and address of the venue. Don't forget to include another padded, self addressed, stamped envelope for the return. Mine came back minus the cardboard but was not bent (fortunately).

ETA I also sent it priority mail with delivery confirmation so I could track it. It arrived on a Monday and the concert was on a Thursday. Don't forget to add a note saying how you want it personalized.

Edited by LittleRed

Just back from USPS. I put my booklet in a cheap empty thin cd jewel case along with a brief note, stuck it inside an unsealed padded self-addressed, stamped envelope with a tiny bit sticking out of the end, then put the whole thing in an express mail envelope made out to "RUSH--Clockwork Angels Tour, c/o Liam Birt" and the name and address of the venue. Sealed it, paid the postage and off it goes. It's out of my hands now. I figured the jewel case was a good idea, since it'll provide extra protection for a flimsy booklet, and if it gets cracked, I won't care, since it's just a cheap little generic thinline case.

USPS was very helpful with the process, and calculated the return postage, placed stamps on the self-addressed envelope for me.

Edited by HalfwayToGone

I just my album back from Atlanta. My Christmas gift to myself will be getting it properly framed. I am indeed stoked. If anyone can tell me how to post a picture on here, I would be happy to do so...

I hope I get my album cover back from Atlanta too. Thats awesome.

You can set up a free account at a site like Photobucket, upload the pics and then copy the image links here.

No problem at all.

I purchased 2 large padded envelopes. One for shipping there, the other for the return. I took the 2nd envelope and folded it around the album cover, then placed it in the envelope. IN hindsight I probably should have provided a piece of cardboard as the corner got a little bent, but I'm not worried as the album cover wasn't mint. It had some wear and tear on it, but hey - I only spent $4 for the album online.

Now that it's in a frame (purchased from Michael's), you can't tell. Looks great on my wall beside my S&A tour poster

Just back from USPS. I put my booklet in a cheap empty thin cd jewel case along with a brief note, stuck it inside an unsealed padded self-addressed, stamped envelope with a tiny bit sticking out of the end, then put the whole thing in an express mail envelope made out to "RUSH--Clockwork Angels Tour, c/o Liam Birt" and the name and address of the venue. Sealed it, paid the postage and off it goes. It's out of my hands now. I figured the jewel case was a good idea, since it'll provide extra protection for a flimsy booklet, and if it gets cracked, I won't care, since it's just a cheap little generic thinline case.

USPS was very helpful with the process, and calculated the return postage, placed stamps on the self-addressed envelope for me.

USPS did the same for me, although the postage for the return home was incorrect. Luckily I had it sent to my office, with a return address of my house - so when it got returned to sender, it made it home anyway.

That's my tip for anyone sending stuff. Make the return address a work address or something where if there is a problem it will get sent somewhere you will still receive it

Just FYI I purchased an album farme from Target for $10.00. I put the signed album (which had normal wear and tear) in the frame along with a picture of my dd at the concert and her ticket stub. It looks great. Edited by LittleRed

You can set up a free account at a site like Photobucket, upload the pics and then copy the image links here.

I did upload my cover to Photobucket but I still can't figure out how to upload it here. If you have a minute could you explain how to do it? It can't be that hard but I can't figure it out . . . Thanks.

ETA I did figure out how to make the picture my avatar . . . not the best picture but it will do.

Edited by LittleRed

there's a little button over the area where you type reply, it look like a tiny colored square (three buttons to the left of the twitter symbol). Hit that and then enter the url (web address) of your image and you're there.

Here's what I did, and it worked out well:

1.) Get a 12.5" by 18" padded envelope. I got one at Meijer, which is like Walmart but I never get "People of Meijer" emails.

2.) Put the album cover in there. It will be snug, but it will fit. Also, don't send the record. You might want to reinforce the cover with some cardboard though.

3.) Write your address in both the To: and From: areas.

4.) Take that to the post office and find out how much it will cost to have the item sent back to you from the venue.

5.) Get STAMPS and not preprinted postage. Affix it to the envelope.

6.) Get a Priority Mail Flat Rate Box (medium works perfectly).

7.) Keep the box flat like it is when you get it. The envelope with the cover will fit inside nicely.

8.) Put your return envelope and some type of request and thank you letter inside the still flat box.

9.) Seal the ends, put your address in the From: area. Write Rush/Liam Birt Tour Manager in the To: area, along with the venue address.

10.) I suggest Delivery Confirmation, but that isn't necessary. The whole thing cost me about $20 for all postage.

11.) Send and be patient!!

Good luck. I hope you have the success that I did...

Edited by eddiescott98

GotPeart and Eddiescott, thanks for your great tips on packing and shipping lp covers. i hope i can get my album cover signed. it is a gift for a cousin of mine that is from brasil (from my wife's family). we recently met and i discovered he is a huge fan of the band, and went to the sa paulo show right before they filmed rush in rio. he said it was ne of the greatest moments in his life. imagine waiting 30 years to see your favorite band!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the tips. Are there any U.S. venues on the current tour left that are good bets for success? I'd like to give this a shot myself.

Thanks.

Peace,

Jeff

Someone posted a while ago saying the Key Arena in Seattle accepts mail. Good luck!

Thanks. I was going to give that one a shot but now don't believe there's time.

Pack it up and take it to the post office tomorrow if you can. Send it priority mail . . . Usually takes 2 working days. I sent mine from the Chicagoland area on a Friday am to GA and it arrived the following Monday. At least you could ask the post office if it would get there on Monday.

Edited by LittleRed

I received my item today from the Cleveland show (Oct 28th). I sent the insert/album cover from my Hemispheres CD. With my minimal handwriting evaluation skills, it appearsas though Alex wrote 'Hi Steve' in cursive, then signed it, then Geddy and Neil signed it. All is good today. It will go in my shrine, or, as my girlfriend calls it, 'the dorm room'. She claims no other 47 year old has a room with Rush posters, 8x10's, and numerous sets of RUSH bobbleheads in it. It's actually my music room where I keep my guitars and amps in, that happens to have a RUSH motif to it. Now I wish I would have sent something more current, such as the Clockwork Angels doohicky, but I'm ecstatic I got what I did. All is good.

I received my item today from the Cleveland show (Oct 28th). I sent the insert/album cover from my Hemispheres CD...Now I wish I would have sent something more current...

You stole my idea!!!(before I thought of it). My Hemi cd booklet should have arrived in Seattle today before noon. I was going to send the CA one, but it's all glued into a digipak and I'd hate for the whole case to get lost or broken.

i heard back from the HP Pavillion in San Jose. They do NOTTTT receive fan mail. just an fyi in case anyne was going to try that location. i actually sent messages to every venue remaining on the tur and nly the people at the texas venues responded (and san jose)