Autographs

Dscrapre

I'm going to be sending an album cover to the Charlotte venue, and thanks to another poster here, I just had a revelation to send a copy of "Roadshow" for Neil to sign (somehow I have 2 copies of that book).

Already have a spot on the wall in my "man-cave" for it!

Just need to verify with the arena that they'll do this.

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r614/rush3571/197_zps3c8bf84b.jpg

Got this back yesterday from the Palace. I'm still smiling about getting this. You really have to give it up to the guys of Rush for doing these type of things for the fans. Not to many big bands would do something like that.

And thanks to everyone on this board for the info. I would never of known you could do something like this. Anyone know any good frames for album covers?

QUOTE (The Garden of Rush @ Sep 21 2012, 04:37 PM)
http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r614/rush3571/197_zps3c8bf84b.jpg

Got this back yesterday from the Palace. I'm still smiling about getting this. You really have to give it up to the guys of Rush for doing these type of things for the fans. Not to many big bands would do something like that.
And thanks to everyone on this board for the info. I would never of known you could do something like this. Anyone know any good frames for album covers?

Both Michaels and A.C. Moore sell decent metal/glass vinyl album frames for under $10 apiece. Look for local coupons in the newspaper flyers or on their websites to get a discount. Or you could go the "custom framing" route and pay a lot more.

QUOTE (therm316 @ Sep 21 2012, 12:31 PM)
QUOTE (Amy Farrah Fowler @ Sep 21 2012, 09:53 AM)
Good to hear, Therm!  Realize they only have so much time to devote to this stuff...maybe send the photo for your brother to another venue?  I would imagine they would limit their time to one item, especially if there is a lot of stuff waiting for them.

Oh I'm not the least bit upset that they only signed one of the two photos. I'm just eternally grateful that they even signed one of them and returned the other one with it.

In fact, my brother told me not to bother sending it to another venue to try and be signed because he doesn't really get into collecting signatures. He's just happy to be in the photo, commemorating that great show.

I've been following this for a long time and see a clear pattern - When people send multiple items to be signed in a single package, ONLY ONE WILL GET SIGNED. This is, I'm sure, something their management does to fend off greedy signature-seekers. It's that simple. I'm just sayin......

You can get 12x12 frames anywhere these days. Square prints are a trend, so there are square frames in all sorts of sizes.

This is the photog in me speaking...you may want to pony up the dough, get a larger frame and have a mat cut for your album and then frame it. Paper against glass is a no-no should any moisture get in there. It'll stick to the glass and you'll never get it out of there without something being left on the glass.

Having it matted keeps it off the glass...I'd rather replace a mat than the album cover! wink.gif

sad.gif I got a reply back from TD Garden Boston...they do not have anything to do with autographs and recieving items to be autographed. They told me i need to go thru the concert people. Well long ago i tried that and had no responses. So i am not going to get an autograph looks like.

Got this in the mail today from the Palace in MI. I had sent a silver sharpie hoping they would use it, but I am not complaining :-)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6320832/IMG_7999.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6320832/IMG_8001.jpg

QUOTE (GotPeart @ Sep 24 2012, 10:55 AM)
For those that sent items in for autographs - how far in advance of the show did you send those in?

I sent mine on a Monday for a show on Thursday of the same week. I live 15 miles or so from the venue, so I knew it wouldn't take more than a day to reach the venue. I think the key is sending it to get their the day before the show so that the staff of the facility has time to deal with it rather than day of the show. And not to send it so early that it gets misplaced, forgotten, or lost altogether.

I sent an 8x10 photo to the the Columbus show, about 5 days in advance. It shows it was recieved in about a day. However I have not recieved it back yet, so maybe it's a case of snail mail! I live about 50 miles from Columbus, it should have showed up by now....

QUOTE (jasonw2112 @ Sep 24 2012, 02:45 PM)
I sent an 8x10 photo to the the Columbus show, about 5 days in advance. It shows it was recieved in about a day. However I have not recieved it back yet, so maybe it's a case of snail mail! I live about 50 miles from Columbus, it should have showed up by now....

I also sent something and nothing back yet. Fingers crossed!!

QUOTE (jasonw2112 @ Sep 24 2012, 04:45 PM)

I didn't get my 8x10 back for almost 10 days after the show. I'd all but given up on it, but I'm thinking they may have taken it with them, signed it, and mailed it from a show or two after the one we were at. So don't give up hope.

Edited by therm316

I got it!!!!! My holy grail, of all signatures!

I sent an 8x10 photo, along with a postcard with the Grace Under Pressure artwork. They signed the postcard, and spelled my name jayson? But that's fine by me! I'm just happy I got something back! Many thanks to those who provided all the info on getting their signatures! 2.gif

QUOTE (jasonw2112 @ Sep 25 2012, 02:45 PM)
I sent an 8x10 photo, along with a postcard with the Grace Under Pressure artwork. They signed the postcard, and spelled my name jayson? But that's fine by me! I'm just happy I got something back! Many thanks to those who provided all the info on getting their signatures! 2.gif

Columbus, Ohio?? Maybe hope after all. Nothing yet!!

QUOTE (robertrobyn @ Sep 25 2012, 05:59 PM)
QUOTE (jasonw2112 @ Sep 25 2012, 02:45 PM)
I sent an 8x10 photo, along with a postcard with the Grace Under Pressure artwork. They signed the postcard, and spelled my name jayson? But that's fine by me! I'm just happy I got something back! Many thanks to those who provided all the info on getting their signatures!  2.gif

Columbus, Ohio?? Maybe hope after all. Nothing yet!!

Yep! The Columbus, Ohio show! If I got something back, I'm sure yours is right behind it!

QUOTE (jasonw2112 @ Sep 25 2012, 04:45 PM)

Dude, that's hilarious because THE SAME EXACT THING HAPPENED TO ME. My name is Jason also and Neil mis-spelled my name as "Jayson" when he sign one of his books I sent. Funny and unique, sort of.

QUOTE (workingman @ Sep 25 2012, 08:31 PM)
QUOTE (jasonw2112 @ Sep 25 2012, 04:45 PM)
I sent an 8x10 photo, along with a postcard with the Grace Under Pressure artwork. They signed the postcard, and spelled my name jayson? But that's fine by me! I'm just happy I got something back! Many thanks to those who provided all the info on getting their signatures!  2.gif

Dude, that's hilarious because THE SAME EXACT THING HAPPENED TO ME. My name is Jason also and Neil mis-spelled my name as "Jayson" when he sign one of his books I sent. Funny and unique, sort of.

Well I checked via Google! It is a valid alternate to the spelling! I guess if someone told him to make it out to Jason, but not knowing which spelling to use, than it is correct! So it's not a matter of "he can't spell!", just a different way I guess! New one for me!

QUOTE (pfrushfan0122 @ Sep 2 2012, 07:57 AM)
Has anybody tried the Wells Fargo Center in Philly for autographs? I would love to get either my CD signed or maybe even go out and get the vinyl copy! Should I contact public relations, marketing, or human resources at the venue? Or none of the above and its another section? (They have so many phone numbers...)

Has anybody tried this? I am considering sending something prior to the show in October...