Autographs

Dscrapre

If Neil is addressed to sign it, expect it to be addressed to YOU, i.e. "To Joe Shmoe", all so it will diminish its value/resellability. Such a ridiculously petty mindset of someone revered as being a "great", intelligent and successful- but really is someone tremendously cynical and insecure.

QUOTE (The Garden of Rush @ Sep 13 2012, 11:12 PM)
Anyone know if the Palace does this? And if I send something Friday morning will that be to late for the show on Tuesday? I think it should get there it's only going a few miles lol.

Call the venue! That's what did. They said they would give it to them, but no guarantees!

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Sep 13 2012, 09:23 PM)
If Neil is addressed to sign it, expect it to be addressed to YOU, i.e. "To Joe Shmoe", all so it will diminish its value/resellability. Such a ridiculously petty mindset of someone revered as being a "great", intelligent and successful- but really is someone tremendously cynical and insecure.

I specifically asked for my cover to be personalized for us. It doesn't have to have any monetary value...just sentimental. I've acquired very few autographs in my lifetime, and none of them had any staying power in my heart...this baby is going in a frame to be displayed in my home!

• Like 1

Just got my signed copy of Signals in the mail today from the Pittsburgh Show.

Awesome !

In these days when bands have little control over ticket prices and what venues they will play, the fact that something like this is totally in their hands and they take the time to do it at every show, well, it's pretty cool.

Thanks guys (and Liam) !!

Wondering if the postman will bring my Time Machine trade advertisement back autographed today. Fingers crossed. It's going up in my office matted/framed next to my pic with Ged and Alex from the 4/15/11 Cleveland show.

I'm doing five shows on this leg, but only one (Pittsburgh) got the RF seal of approval for where to send a package to. Thanks for the heads-up Amy... I hope they don't hold it against me that I sent it from Ohio. smile.gif

Nice pic. Very cool.

I sent 2 identical photos from the 2008 Noblesville, IN. show to Banker's Life Fieldhouse (Indianapolis) this week. I purchased them from the RUSH.com store. My brother and I are front row, center and it's a shot over Neil's shoulder and has all 3 guys. We are right in the middle of pic.

I included a note indicating that I'd purchased them from the site and asked them to be personalized to my brother and myself.

Here's hoping..............

Hello to the forum, 1st post here!

For those who have had success at getting their LP sleeves returned, how exactly did you package them for shipment? I figure it should be as easy for them as possible but I wasn't sure exactly how without getting damaged when they are returned.

Thanks,

digitalmike

QUOTE (digitalmike @ Sep 15 2012, 11:19 AM)
Hello to the forum, 1st post here!

For those who have had success at getting their LP sleeves returned, how exactly did you package them for shipment? I figure it should be as easy for them as possible but I wasn't sure exactly how without getting damaged when they are returned.

Thanks,
digitalmike

- Got to Staples and buy two 14 1/4" X 19" padded envelopes.

- get 2 squares of corrigated cardboard the size of an album.

- Insert the album, sandwiched between the 2 cardboard squares, into on padded envelope (include a handwritten note as a personal touch).

- fold the second padded envelope in half and insert inside the first envelope.

Address the outer envelope to the venue C/O Liam Birt, Tour Manager. Address the inner (return) envelope to yourself. Take everything to the post office, have them weigh everything and apply pre-paid postage to both envelopes.

This has worked for me.

QUOTE (therm316 @ Sep 15 2012, 11:25 AM)
Silly question, but did any of you that got your stuff back send a sharpie with it?

I did that the first time, but haven't bothered since. They get MANY sharpies from everyone doing this and never return them. Waste of money to include one in your package.

QUOTE (workingman @ Sep 15 2012, 11:43 AM)
QUOTE (therm316 @ Sep 15 2012, 11:25 AM)
Silly question, but did any of you that got your stuff back send a sharpie with it?

I did that the first time, but haven't bothered since. They get MANY sharpies from everyone doing this and never return them. Waste of money to include one in your package.

Ok, good. I didn't send one in fear that when my envelope got ran through the USPS machines it would damage the contents.

Hopefully the folks at the venue in Indy passed my photos onto Liam.

QUOTE (therm316 @ Sep 15 2012, 12:25 PM)

I did it when I sent in my 2112 album because I wanted it signed in silver not black and I wasn't sure that they would have a silver sharpie...I got the album back and it was signed in silver so I was happy.