Autographs

Dscrapre

I sent a promo flat and 8x10 last time. Unfortunately Neil didn't sign either item. I do have some sweet signed posters, ect that I obtained through friends and auctons but I would never send items to venues to have signed, only to place them on ebay a few weeks later.That seems very tacky to me. Ebay if full of fake signatures BTW. I can spot them a mile away if anyone need help distinguishing between the two.

QUOTE (Apollo @ Aug 30 2012, 03:08 PM)
QUOTE (Amy Farrah Fowler @ Aug 29 2012, 09:16 AM)
CONSOL Energy Center
c/o RUSH
1001 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15219

I think I will chance sending my Caress of Steel LP to try this out. So would I send it to this address exactly or add a line that would say Attn: Liam Burt at the bottom of the above? I think I will try this, hopefully I will get it back even though I live nowhere near Pittsburgh, although in my defense they aren't coming within 500 miles of me on this tour.

Cant imagine shipping an LP out- too much sentimental value on items I have been hauling around for 25ish years to risk not getting them back.

I bought a print of one of Alex's paintings with a certified autograph, that was sold by the Canadian Kidney Foundation. Thought that was a good way to kill two birds with one stone- I knew the money was going to a good cause and I got a real Alex autograph.

I got my, All the worlds a stage album signed, last tour, when they played hamilton last year.I will try to post a picture, Im not sure how to post the picture, does any one know if the acc in Toronto allows items to be sent to artist, in hamilton, copp's arena allows it.And btw they put your name on it. 1022.gif cool.gif

I was lucky enough to be given one of those Musicom 2112 lithographs (the hand signed and professionally matted/framed version) by my brother after he bought for a whopping $40 from some kid who was trying to sell it to the music store where he worked. ("My boss never buys stuff like this, but I'll give ya $40 for it." "OK!") It's the only thing I have signed by the whole band.

Has anybody tried the Wells Fargo Center in Philly for autographs? I would love to get either my CD signed or maybe even go out and get the vinyl copy! Should I contact public relations, marketing, or human resources at the venue? Or none of the above and its another section? (They have so many phone numbers...) Edited by pfrushfan0122

I went to our local record store (oldest in the country!!) and purchased four LPs. They were $8 each. They are in really nice shape...the actual albums are pristine and the covers have some wear, but are in nice condition. There are some more down at the store I want to purchase.

I sent the cover today...I guess we'll see what happens! smile.gif

I have a signed Grace Under Pressure (original) tapestry (40" x 40") that all three members signed in 2008 - professionally framed now. My brother's friend's friend (obscure enough?) works for the tour (the chef) and was kind enough to ask the guys to sign my tapestry. I provided an SASE covered in stamps (no way that baby was getting insufficient postage) and three weeks later it arrived. I was very lucky.

QUOTE (HalfwayToGone @ Sep 4 2012, 09:30 PM)
You should have gotten him to send along some of his famous soup too!

That would have been nice, but the envelope would have gotten soggy.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Sep 4 2012, 10:03 PM)
How does one know it's an authentic signature?

The item that I have signed from last time has signatures that are very close to "certified authentic" items that I have seen. Sending my photo to Consol today.

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Aug 27 2012, 10:22 PM)
QUOTE (theprestobunnies @ Aug 27 2012, 08:16 PM)
Was considering this myself.....this might be a stupid question but I honestly don't know....how do you go about providing return postage/packaging for say a CD?  Any help greatly appreciated, thanks!

Prepare your padded envelope or whatever you are going to have it mailed in. Address it and get it completely ready to go except for that last closure that will seal it up. Take it to the post office and have them weigh it and put the postage on it.

That's what I did in 2010 and I got it a couple of days after the show. I sent it to the shed in Tampa (I know it was in Florida) I believe.

I've got a ways out til my show - but does anyone know if the Charlotte arena does this?

Hope so - great idea about going out to record store and getting some LP's. Don't even care which ones - lol.

That would go GREAT on the wall in my Man Room!

I didn't know one could do this. I am going to the Boston show in October. I'll give it a go unless anyone knows they don't do it. I don't have any photos, etc. Maybe I'll send in the CA hardcover package or that huge CA double side poster or something.

QUOTE (Amy Farrah Fowler @ Sep 13 2012, 03:38 PM)
It came back to me!!!!  I am having an incredibly Rushtastic day...

http://apageatatime.net/images/gupcover.jpg

That is awesome! Congratulations!

2.gif 1022.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Amy Farrah Fowler @ Sep 13 2012, 02:38 PM)
It came back to me!!!!  I am having an incredibly Rushtastic day...

http://apageatatime.net/images/gupcover.jpg

Very cool. Hoping to see my Permanent Waves album come back in the next day or two.

I must be kind of weird because autographs don't do anything for me. A friend of mine (who isn't really a Rush) fan sat beside Geddy on a domestic flight in Canada and he got his autograph for me (thinking I'd go nuts over it) on an Air Canada napkin. But, I don't even know where it is now...

Strangely, Rush is my favourite band. If I ever met one of the guys somewhere I wouldn't ask for an autograph or even a picture. I'd just say "thanks for the great music."

But, most people must think I'm nuts...