Autographs

Dscrapre

You can send anything at your own risk of losing it. Call the venue to make sure they do it. I know the Bell Centre doesn't. Make sure you include a self addressed postage paid envelope so they can send it back with minimal hassle. I'm sure people will chime in as to what venues are normally successful. I'm considering sending my Clockwork Angels Vinyl or my 2112 poster with a silver sharpie for them to sign it.

Got my Hemispheres album signed last tour! I just sent it to the venue (Attn: Ray Danniels) with a sharpie and a polite letter of "please and thanks"... included a return envelope with the proper postage, and a few days after the show it ended up in my grubby hands!

I just need to get that bugger framed and hung on my wall one of these days.....

QUOTE (theprestobunnies @ Aug 27 2012, 08:16 PM)
Was considering this myself.....this might be a stupid question but I honestly don't know....how do you go about providing return postage/packaging for say a CD? Any help greatly appreciated, thanks!

Prepare your padded envelope or whatever you are going to have it mailed in. Address it and get it completely ready to go except for that last closure that will seal it up. Take it to the post office and have them weigh it and put the postage on it.

The most important points are:

1. DO NOT send anything you are not willing to never see again

2. Don't send the item in too early, it may get lost. Best bet is to mail it so that it arrives no earlier than 7 days before the show

3. Make sure you send a self addressed envelope with return postage. You want your stuff protected, but you can't make it hard for the venue or they will ignore it, so don't send a huge box with lots of wrapping/bubblewrap, etc. Just send the item in a large envelope

4. Finally, PLEASE do not send something in to be signed only to turn around and sell it on e-Bay! I have seen several of these showing up on e-Bay, and that practice only increases the risk that they will stop signing for fans altogether.

Good luck -- you can see mine in my signature area. :-)

QUOTE (capoetc @ Aug 28 2012, 09:09 AM)
The most important points are:

1. DO NOT send anything you are not willing to never see again

2. Don't send the item in too early, it may get lost. Best bet is to mail it so that it arrives no earlier than 7 days before the show

3. Make sure you send a self addressed envelope with return postage. You want your stuff protected, but you can't make it hard for the venue or they will ignore it, so don't send a huge box with lots of wrapping/bubblewrap, etc. Just send the item in a large envelope

4. Finally, PLEASE do not send something in to be signed only to turn around and sell it on e-Bay! I have seen several of these showing up on e-Bay, and that practice only increases the risk that they will stop signing for fans altogether.

Good luck -- you can see mine in my signature area. :-)

Actually, I think they personalize it so you CAN'T really sell it on E-Bay!

I don't think they'll sign anything that isn't personalized!! So I would make sure that you let them know what name you want personalized! (if you, your name, if it's a present, the recipients name)

To the person requesting how to get it there and back right....

Put the item into the envelope that you want returned, take it to the post office and have them weigh it, and tell them it's a RETURN envelope! Important because if they put a sticker on it, it won't work, they need to put stamps on it! After you have the postage affixed, pull the item out, and put the item AND the return envelope into another envelope, seal it and have them put postage on it. (that CAN be a sticker)

As I said earlier, I addressed it to the venue to the attention of Ray Danniels Manager for Rush (or something like that) I sent it a few days before the show. I knew it would get there because I took it to the post office that the venue gets their mail from (I live in Hershey, they played in Hershey)

QUOTE (Jaminbenb @ Aug 27 2012, 08:14 PM)
Got my Hemispheres album signed last tour! I just sent it to the venue (Attn: Ray Danniels) with a sharpie and a polite letter of "please and thanks"... included a return envelope with the proper postage, and a few days after the show it ended up in my grubby hands!

I just need to get that bugger framed and hung on my wall one of these days.....

Target sells cheap frames made specifically for showing off your albums. I think they're like $10.

I want an item signed..... MGM a good venue to pull this off at? I suppose i could risk my copy of Clockwork Angels. Or any CD really. Should I try to ensure success by sending a couple different CD's to different venues? RTB, Counterparts, Hemispheres, Vapor Trails, I'd be thrilled to have any of them signed!

I contacted Consol yesterday to verify the proper address. They say they can guarantee that once it arrives they will get it to the tour management. After that, it's out of their hands. I'm going to grab the CA LP and send the cover in with a silver sharpie. I'll risk an album cover.

QUOTE (Amy Farrah Fowler @ Aug 29 2012, 07:57 AM)
I contacted Consol yesterday to verify the proper address. They say they can guarantee that once it arrives they will get it to the tour management. After that, it's out of their hands. I'm going to grab the CA LP and send the cover in with a silver sharpie. I'll risk an album cover.

What was the address they told you? Just making sure.

QUOTE (PennSt8r @ Aug 29 2012, 08:58 AM)
I sent mine in last time to Consol... "Attn: Liam Birt" and got it back a few days after the show. Gonna send a photo for them to sign next week.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Good job. I was sure Liam Birt was the member of the Rush team who took care of the "signing" stuff, and I was going to correct the guy above who sent it to Ray Danniels's attention.

QUOTE (andrew28 @ Aug 28 2012, 01:35 PM)
QUOTE (Jaminbenb @ Aug 27 2012, 08:14 PM)
Got my Hemispheres album signed last tour!  I just sent it to the venue (Attn: Ray Danniels)  with a sharpie and a polite letter of "please and thanks"...  included a return envelope with the proper postage, and a few days after the show it ended up in my grubby hands!

Target sells cheap frames made specifically for showing off your albums. I think they're like $10.

Yeah, so does "Michaels" but I'd like to maybe get it matted, and put my ticket stub in it and make it a little better than just a frame...

QUOTE (Amy Farrah Fowler @ Aug 29 2012, 09:16 AM)
CONSOL Energy Center
c/o RUSH
1001 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15219

I think I will chance sending my Caress of Steel LP to try this out. So would I send it to this address exactly or add a line that would say Attn: Liam Burt at the bottom of the above? I think I will try this, hopefully I will get it back even though I live nowhere near Pittsburgh, although in my defense they aren't coming within 500 miles of me on this tour.

I have gottent them via Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre in Atlanta in 2010 (8x10 photo) and I think the Bi-Lo Center (Caress of Steel jacket) in 2011. Send everything to:

Rush

c/o Liam Birt

Venue address

It's never a guarantee remember. Make sure you're ok if it never comes back.

QUOTE (Jaminbenb @ Aug 28 2012, 09:51 AM)

Actually, I think they personalize it so you CAN'T really sell it on E-Bay!

I don't think they'll sign anything that isn't personalized!! So I would make sure that you let them know what name you want personalized! (if you, your name, if it's a present, the recipients name)

Nope, the ones I saw on e-Bay last tour were personalized and obviously just recently signed. Saw them sell for $150 to $400 or so. There are so many counterfeits or incomplete band-signed items (most missing Peart) that people seem willing to fork out the cash even if the item is personalized.

And who knows ... the guy buying on e-Bay might just happened to be named "Joe" or whatever. Anyway, just because it is personalized does not mean people are not trying to take unfair advantage of the band's generosity.

Please don't be "that guy". no.gif

I met Geddy when he did his Headache promotional tour at Rolling Stone Records in Chicago. He signed two items (NO GUITARS!!!! LOL!) I bought/brought the CD and had him sign the page from the RTB Tourbook with him in his dressing room with all the noses on stands. They're both framed in my office. I stuck out my hand to shake his hand (I think I was the only one who did), he shook it. I said, "Thanks, Dirk". He was really quiet. He did personalize both autographs to me. His "handler" was managing all of the signing & markers, etc. A great experience, considering I sat out in the freezing Chicago night for a good hour or so (this was back when cold meant cold).

The Retrospective III posters that they gave away/sold with the CD (I'm not really sure how I got this one) - a limited number were signed by all three members and not personalized. To my chagrin, this is still framed and wrapped in paper waiting for a wall to have a vacancy.

Geo

They still do some non-personalized signing here and there, although I couldn't say when it comes to sending memorabilia to venues for them. Just recently--there were some band-signed promo copies of the CA album that went out, Geddy signed a whole lot of DVDs of BTLS that were sold by Musician's Friend and other Music dealers for only $30, the limited editions of Neil's books, some signed F&A calendars and coffee mugs. Plus there's the occasional charity auction item/s.

In any case, it's a shame that so many scalpers are out there trying to flip things on ebay or sell flat out forgeries. I'm sure it leaves a sour taste in their mouths, as does the occasional insider who sells meet and greets for over $2K a pop on the ticket seller sites.