maybe don't post setlist

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 28 2012, 10:58 AM)
somebody will post it before me anyway, but I'll be attending the opening show in NH. I'll be writing down the songs as they are played, mainly for my own records.

However, I'm sure people will be transmitting the song titles as they are played via their cellphones.

Only in Rushdom are there people who want to be "the first" at dispensing new info on the band.

I'm going to opening night, too, and also writing down the songs. My goal was to be "the first," but anybody posting the songs "in real time" (via cellphone) will beat me, as I don't plan on posting them until I arrive at my brother's house after the show.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 28 2012, 11:58 AM)
somebody will post it before me anyway, but I'll be attending the opening show in NH. I'll be writing down the songs as they are played, mainly for my own records.

However, I'm sure people will be transmitting the song titles as they are played via their cellphones.

Only in Rushdom are there people who want to be "the first" at dispensing new info on the band.

There will be a thread on here where people will post the songs as they're being played, with concertgoers feeding them the song titles via cell phone. And as the last two two tours have shown us, there will be literally hundreds of people in that one thread for those three hours.

There are many reasons I want to know the setlist beforehand, and one major one is so I can let my wife and friends know some of the songs so they can listen to them before the show. For me (and I think for most people), I can enjoy a show much more if I know the songs being played.

QUOTE (LedRush @ Aug 28 2012, 12:34 PM)
There are many reasons I want to know the setlist beforehand, and one major one is so I can let my wife and friends know some of the songs so they can listen to them before the show. For me (and I think for most people), I can enjoy a show much more if I know the songs being played.

I'm the same way. I know what to 'gear up' for and I'm not disappointed they didn't play _________ . And, I like knowing where the songs I don't particularly care for (Presto and Time Stand Still on TMT, for instance) are going to be so I can 'plan around them'. The trade off is the element of surprise, but it's worth the trade to me.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 28 2012, 11:12 AM)

There will be a thread on here where people will post the songs as they're being played, with concertgoers feeding them the song titles via cell phone. And as the last two two tours have shown us, there will be literally hundreds of people in that one thread for those three hours.

Ya'll have fun with that. I always peek at the setlist, but this time I'm going to wait and let the whole thing be a surprise. That hasn't happened for me since the Counterparts tour. Now if only I can do it...

Yeah, I did this so my girlfriend would at least have an idea of some of the songs aside from Tom Sawyer, etc., so she wouldn't be bored out of her mind for 3 hours. PLUS if they happen to throw in a song or 2 you don't care for you can plan your beer runs around it.

QUOTE (Jomboni @ Aug 28 2012, 02:50 PM)
PLUS if they happen to throw in a song or 2 you don't care for you can plan your beer runs around it.

Hmmmmmm, that is a good idea, but unless they play Rivendell or I Think I'm Going Bald I'm out of luck.

Actually if they played those two I would probably stand there with my mouth agape in disbelief.

Absolutely, I too enjoy the show better if I know the songs. As for RUSH, I get the set list make a CD or Two of the setlist and start playing it for my kids when We are in the car. They enjoy the show way more if they know the songs. It's always good to hear my 9 year scream "I love this song" or " I know this one" It happened several times during TTMT. This is going to be a great concert for them since they love Clockwork Angels and now are much more familiar with the Staples/ Classic. Its those rare, hardly played or unplayed tracks that need to be drilled into their little brains!

ohmy.gif unsure.gif wacko.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 28 2012, 11:14 AM)
But "I" want to be the FIRST! rage.gif fists crying.gif

smile.gif

no one will be the first because we'll know the setlist before the show starts. that's what happened on the tmt. day before the show there was the rumored setlist with all kinds of crazy talk thrown in, and than the sound check confirmed the rumors.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 28 2012, 11:12 AM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 28 2012, 11:58 AM)

I will not partake in that thread! I WILL BE AT THE SHOW!!! This is my first opening night and I'm going to try and go into it cold by avoiding any rumors and/or leaks.

I'm going to try and keep track of the songs, but that will probably go by the wayside after about the first three notes.

2.gif GeddyFinal.gif

Truthfully...when it comes down to it, I really DON'T care what they play! ANY live Rush is is better than NO live Rush!

I honestly would not bitch if they decided to play all of Vapor Trails, or Roll the Bones which are my two least favorite albums...

It's LIVE RUSH and it doesn't GET much better!

But I still like to know what's being played! (And plan on grabbing early recordings)