maybe don't post setlist

How about the setlist not being published at all here? (even with the spoiler)

And that if somebody wants to know, they can PM somebody who attended and have it be known that way.

Just a suggestion.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 27 2012, 02:46 PM)

And that if somebody wants to know, they can PM somebody who attended and have it be known that way.

Just a suggestion.

that taking away alot of the fun leading up to the start of the tour and getting confirmation. even if posting the setlist wasn't allowed, people would still be posting with their likes, dislikes, or utter hate for the setlist. tongue.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 27 2012, 03:46 PM)

Just a suggestion.

It's going to be posted even if we ask otherwise. To try and police that would be futile. We're not going to start removing threads and such to try and keep that info off the board.

As was mentioned, your best bet is to stay out of the Tour forum. Once the first show is over, or if the setlist gets leaked before then, this whole forum becomes a spoiler forum. Enter at your own risk.

The one thing I'll reiterate is: NO SONG TILES IN THREAD TITLES. Thread titles can be seen from the main forum page, and they'll be seen by everyone, even those who are avoiding the tour forum.

How about you don't look in threads indicating setlist spoilers? Why should we be punished because some have no self control. I want to know and when I know I will want to discuss it with others who know it.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 27 2012, 02:46 PM)

Just a suggestion.

if you're too weak or unable to keep yourself from entering a Thread that clearly states " Spoiler" Set list! I feel sorry for you! I for one want to know the set list!

yes.gif

Obviously the OP is aware of the existence of the internet because they post on this forum. There are other places besides here that will post the setlists. You almost have to leave the internet completely to avoid spoilers for any major tours today.

Aslo, I read on last tour the setlist was posted on Rush's web page opening night. There's a good chance they might do that again and if the band doesn't have a problem letting the fans know what they're playing, then we should have no problem looking at the set before the show trink39.gif

I agree that all it takes is some self-control. However, I'm fortunate enough to be going to the Chicago show which means I only have to hold out for one week. Any longer and I'm afraid I would find out unintentionally, and even still I'm worried about people blabbing at the arena pre-show. I may have to bring earmuffs!

I went to the Time Machine tour without knowing the setlist (minus Moving Pictures and the two new tracks) and it made a huge difference in my enjoyment of the show. Not knowing that the second song would be "Time Stand Still" - which I was dying to hear for the first time - made it that much sweeter.

I like looking at the setlists before the concert now. That way you're not disappointed after the show if they don't play a certian song you really like. Before the days of setlist spoilers that happened to me a few times. I would leave a great show in a bad mood because the band didn't play this or that. Now when you see the set ahead of time you can prepare for what you will hear and not be completely letdown at the end of the show.

Not that I don't know Rush's discography front to back by now, but knowing the setlist ahead of time also allows you to brush up on some songs they might do that aren't always in your regular Rush rotation.

somebody will post it before me anyway, but I'll be attending the opening show in NH. I'll be writing down the songs as they are played, mainly for my own records.

However, I'm sure people will be transmitting the song titles as they are played via their cellphones.

Only in Rushdom are there people who want to be "the first" at dispensing new info on the band.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 28 2012, 11:58 AM)
somebody will post it before me anyway, but I'll be attending the opening show in NH. I'll be writing down the songs as they are played, mainly for my own records.

However, I'm sure people will be transmitting the song titles as they are played via their cellphones.

Only in Rushdom are there people who want to be "the first" at dispensing new info on the band.

Actually, that phenomenon is hardly unique to Rush fans.

In fact, I've never been on a single Internet forum of any kind that didn't include people who wanted to be the first to report news.

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Aug 28 2012, 12:02 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 28 2012, 11:58 AM)

Actually, that phenomenon is hardly unique to Rush fans.

In fact, I've never been on a single Internet forum of any kind that didn't include people who wanted to be the first to report news.

true, but Rush fans work at it. laugh.gif

I wonder why that is? Some psychological need for approval? See "Emotion Detector"

Edited by circumstantial tree