Tour Rehearsals

Phantom

QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Aug 31 2012, 08:06 AM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Aug 30 2012, 06:25 PM)
QUOTE (likeclockwork @ Aug 30 2012, 05:31 PM)
QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Aug 30 2012, 04:03 PM)
Hey FOH,

Given the fact that the steampunk thing is a carry over from the TMT...will we still see a whole fresh look?

Ya know...stage setup, props, lighting, amps, drum kit etc???

The drum kit hasn't changed much but there are definitely some interesting changes to the lighting & video setup this time around which look quite different conceptually from past tours.

Are there pics to prove this? I haven't seen any CA equipment pictures.

likeclockwork was just making an educated guess. We should see some teaser or "leaked" photos within the next couple days.

They need a couple little things out there to generate some last minute ticket sales. Remember how long ago you bought tickets? There are some casual fans out there that don't even know Rush are about to start a tour - GAH! ONE WEEK FROM TONIGHT! w00t

That's not an educated guess. smile.gif

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (likeclockwork @ Aug 31 2012, 08:55 AM)
Hey FOH,

Given the fact that the steampunk thing is a carry over from the TMT...will we still see a whole fresh look?

The drum kit hasn't changed much but there are definitely some interesting changes to the lighting & video setup this time around which look quite different conceptually from past tours.

likeclockwork was just making an educated guess. We should see some teaser or "leaked" photos within the next couple days.

They need a couple little things out there to generate some last minute ticket sales. Remember how long ago you bought tickets? There are some casual fans out there that don't even know Rush are about to start a tour - GAH! ONE WEEK FROM TONIGHT! w00t

Ah, my bad. Random speculation, then.

QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Aug 31 2012, 10:24 AM)
QUOTE (likeclockwork @ Aug 31 2012, 08:55 AM)
Hey FOH,

Ah, my bad. Random speculation, then.

Yeah, I forget who Likeclockwork really is but I think he's the real deal.

Maybe it's Alex's son or Neil's drum tech or Geddy's wife.

Who knows?

QUOTE (hermy @ Aug 31 2012, 10:58 AM)
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d153/avplanners/ScreenShot2012-08-31at110426AM.png

Ha ha! Definitely Gump. Thanks for sharing!

Well, now we know there will be at least two violins (hope one of them can play Losing It - heh) and that the drums are still red.

"hope one of them can play Losing It "

It'll probably take the 2 of them just to play it, the violin on Losing It's pretty crazy laugh.gif

These appear to be electric violins? Looks like a there is a cable going to the instrument and I think I see a pickup as well.

I guess this makes sense for sound projection....as opposed to using acoustic which would need to be miked and probably pretty sensitive to movement etc.

Are there any violinists that care to chime in?

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Aug 31 2012, 07:17 PM)
These appear to be electric violins? Looks like a there is a cable going to the instrument and I think I see a pickup as well.

I guess this makes sense for sound projection....as opposed to using acoustic which would need to be miked and probably pretty sensitive to movement etc.

Are there any violinists that care to chime in?

Those are actually normal acoustic violins with a special pickup built into the bridge. Fishman along with other companies sell special bridges with pickups built in like a piezo bridge for a guitar. The output jack is likely mounted just under the chin rest and that's where the cable would be plugged into.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Aug 30 2012, 12:22 PM)
QUOTE (Alexmai @ Aug 30 2012, 10:27 AM)
Anyone knows WHERE are they rehearsing?

yeah!

I know they rehearsed in past tours at a small venue in Glens Falls, NY (civic center) - days before the internet was intertwined in our everyday lives, so no one really know unless it was in the paper or talked about amongst peers.

I'd have assumed the Hershey Centre in Mississauga... isn't that where they rehearsed for Time Machine?

QUOTE (hermy @ Aug 31 2012, 01:18 PM)
It is indeed Gump!

The riser is going to be behind Neils kit to allow for access on and off the stage.

Do you not see that the riser is clearly on the side of the stage?

And its interesting to see floor lights that far off the side of the stage. Haven't seen that from Rush. Usually its just all on the stage itself

And do my eyes deceive me...or do I see lighting truss right behind Gumps head? Look closely. I can clearly see some silver colored truss, and possibly a Par head light.

Edited by GuitarPlyr01

QUOTE (GuitarPlyr01 @ Sep 3 2012, 09:01 PM)
QUOTE (hermy @ Aug 31 2012, 01:18 PM)
It is indeed Gump!

The riser is going to be behind Neils kit to allow for access on and off the stage.

Do you not see that the riser is clearly on the side of the stage?

And its interesting to see floor lights that far off the side of the stage. Haven't seen that from Rush. Usually its just all on the stage itself

And do my eyes deceive me...or do I see lighting truss right behind Gumps head? Look closely. I can clearly see some silver colored truss, and possibly a Par head light.

You are looking at the picture wrong.....that riser is dead nuts behind the kit.

Notice the distance from the riser to the hockey boards.

Gump is standing about where the entrance into Neils kit is. The musicians can follow the same path as Neil does to get on and off discreetly as they will only be around for six songs.

This picture shows everything set up on the floor...the concrete is visible under the riser.

Ok - l take the 6 song info as gospel (I believe it). Let's use deductive reasoning. Let's eliminate the songs in CA that have strings(humor me); The Garden, The Wreckers, Carnies. Off the top of my head, that's the 3 I can think of. That leaves 3 other songs.

Let's get CA right first. Any more than those 3? We will also have to keep in mind that some songs may have mild strings so they may not require musicians on the stage as they can be triggered.

Let's get a consensus of the CA songs then later we can try to deduce what previously recorded songs will be likely. Let's not jump ahead. Thanks.

[Ok - l take the 6 song info as gospel (I believe it). Let's use deductive reasoning. Let's eliminate the songs in CA that have strings(humor me); The Garden, The Wreckers, Carnies. Off the top of my head, that's the 3 I can think of. That leaves 3 other songs.

Let's get CA right first. Any more than those 3? We will also have to keep in mind that some songs may have mild strings so they may not require musicians on the stage as they can be triggered.

Let's get a consensus of the CA songs then later we can try to deduce what previously recorded songs will be likely. Let's not jump ahead. Thanks.

From CA, let's eliminate strings for Caravan, BU2B, SCOG, HF, WTW. That's 5. I guess there will be a debate as to whether The Pedlar I & II count as "songs".