Tour Rehearsals

Phantom

QUOTE (noisorroCmrotS @ Aug 29 2012, 11:23 AM)
I just learned from a reliable source that there will be exactly 6 songs on the tour with strings. I can't reveal anything other than that.

With 3 CA + 2112, Xanadu, Trees, Subdivisions?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ Aug 30 2012, 08:25 AM)
Does it seem like they may have not given themselves enough rehearsal time?

Given the complexity of new material, plus the notion of synching with a string section, these are two relatively new endeavors for Rush.  I would think they would have needed extra rehearsal time.

46 days of actual rehearsal and counting. This is Rush, my Friend. They've been down this road MANY times before and are well versed at it. Planning went on for months prior and rehearsals are when everything comes to fruition. They're professionals and long days/nights honing & perfecting every aspect of the show is what allows them to make it look easy in front of their fans.

The buzz & level of excitement among all parties involved is as high as I've seen, ever. Get ready, because this is gonna be a good one! 1022.gif

QUOTE (Alexmai @ Aug 30 2012, 10:27 AM)
Anyone knows WHERE are they rehearsing?

yeah!

I know they rehearsed in past tours at a small venue in Glens Falls, NY (civic center) - days before the internet was intertwined in our everyday lives, so no one really know unless it was in the paper or talked about amongst peers.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Aug 30 2012, 12:22 PM)

yeah!

I know they rehearsed in past tours at a small venue in Glens Falls, NY (civic center) - days before the internet was intertwined in our everyday lives, so no one really know unless it was in the paper or talked about amongst peers.

Here's what the Yukon Blade Grinder reported, toronto Maple Leaf Gardens, which isn't the name anymore:

yukonbladegrinder.com

August 1, 2012

By Karl Hungus

Music Field Correspondent on assignment for Utne Reader

As Rush continues their meteoric rise, new information is being eased out of the Rush camp concerning details over the tour, stage show, and documentary. During this point of rehearsals, we were allowed unprecedented access inside the Maple Leaf Gardens to amazing sites. With Ferris wheels, cardboard ships, trapeze acts, and canons, Clockwork Angels intends to be a feast for the eyes, as well as the ears.

Rock solid stuff

Just wondering but there was another post in this thread that said the guys are bringing back the double necks. I hadn't heard that before but if so would it be the white one Alex uses or is Geddy bringing back his bass / guitar doubleneck too?

All will be revealed... on opening night.

Convenience was "instrumental" in deciding the location this time. A very short commute for 3 in the camp, but not so much for the rest.

ding da-ding ding ding ding da-ding ding ding biggrin.gif

I've said this before.... but I am amazed that nothing has leaked regarding the tour. It's pretty amazing actually in this day and age.

Truly amazing. Of course, when the threat of a loss of testicular matter looms, people listen! yes.gif

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ Aug 30 2012, 08:27 AM)
I just learned from a reliable source that there will be exactly 6 songs on the tour with strings. I can't reveal anything other than that.

With 3 CA + 2112, Xanadu, Trees, Subdivisions?

c'mon really. It's only gonna be CA songs.

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Aug 30 2012, 12:34 PM)
ding da-ding ding ding ding da-ding ding ding  biggrin.gif

Well, dang, Toronto is not convenient for me. But, thanks, I always wondered how to write out the beginning to YYZ. :b

Didn't we get some teaser photos from John Arrowsmith close to tour start last time? And, didn't the tour book or something leak just ahead of time, too?

Dang, I mean, come on, it's just over a week away!

Hey, I just have one small question...

ARE THEY GOING TO PLAY HEMISPHERES (PRELUDE)?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

That'll be all... unsure.gif huh.gif

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Aug 30 2012, 04:03 PM)
Hey FOH,

Given the fact that the steampunk thing is a carry over from the TMT...will we still see a whole fresh look?

Ya know...stage setup, props, lighting, amps, drum kit etc???

confused13.gif

http://www.gagordertheband.com/Gag_Order_The_Band/Home_files/shapeimage_1.png

Hey FOH,

Given the fact that the steampunk thing is a carry over from the TMT...will we still see a whole fresh look?

The drum kit hasn't changed much but there are definitely some interesting changes to the lighting & video setup this time around which look quite different conceptually from past tours.

QUOTE (likeclockwork @ Aug 30 2012, 01:31 PM)
Hey FOH,

The drum kit hasn't changed much but there are definitely some interesting changes to the lighting & video setup this time around which look quite different conceptually from past tours.

Thanks. smile.gif

QUOTE (likeclockwork @ Aug 30 2012, 05:31 PM)
Hey FOH,

Are there pics to prove this? I haven't seen any CA equipment pictures.

I'm going to four shows on the first leg. I can't wait to have them blow my face off with an amazing show. But d@#%it, the lack of spoilers for this tour is KILLING me. I can only assume that Dirk, Lerxst and Pratt are looking as forward to blowing us all away as we are...

I'VE BECOME A MESSAGE BOARD DERELICT.

That is all. bacon.gif

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Aug 30 2012, 06:25 PM)
QUOTE (likeclockwork @ Aug 30 2012, 05:31 PM)
Hey FOH,

Are there pics to prove this? I haven't seen any CA equipment pictures.

likeclockwork was just making an educated guess. We should see some teaser or "leaked" photos within the next couple days.

They need a couple little things out there to generate some last minute ticket sales. Remember how long ago you bought tickets? There are some casual fans out there that don't even know Rush are about to start a tour - GAH! ONE WEEK FROM TONIGHT! w00t