Tour Rehearsals

Phantom

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (snowdog212 @ Aug 28 2012, 06:37 PM)
QUOTE (The Vigilante @ Aug 28 2012, 06:22 PM)
I still say Between the Wheels would be awesome with strings sense  its a symphony of sync to begin with.

Boring song made more boring by adding strings

I'd love to hear it with strings as long as it isn't slowed down- that's what makes it real boring IMO. Keep it at the same speed as the album version and it'd be great live

My "guess" is we'll hear strings on:

The Anarchist

Halo Effect

The Wreckers

The Garden

Mission

Losing It

I'm surprised it's only 6 songs (approximately) as rumored by FOH. I was expecting at least a couple more.

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Aug 28 2012, 07:13 PM)

The Anarchist
Halo Effect
The Wreckers
The Garden
Mission
Losing It

I'm surprised it's only 6 songs (approximately) as rumored by FOH. I was expecting at least a couple more.

If they do Losing it with strings, I will.....lose it!

QUOTE (briremo @ Aug 28 2012, 08:27 PM)

The Anarchist
Halo Effect
The Wreckers
The Garden
Mission
Losing It

If they do Losing it with strings, I will.....lose it!

in a good or bad way?

The Anarchist
Halo Effect
The Wreckers
The Garden
Mission
Losing It

I think Nobody's Hero is a prime candidate to be played with a string section.

QUOTE (rsmintzberg @ Aug 28 2012, 08:46 PM)

The Anarchist
Halo Effect
The Wreckers
The Garden
Mission
Losing It

goodpost.gif

I think the only songs they'll do with strings are the songs that have strings in them to begin with. They're not gonna add strings to songs that didn't originally have them. This isn't the Symphony & Rush tour, it's still a regular rock tour like they've always done.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 28 2012, 09:03 PM)
I think the only songs they'll do with strings are the songs that have strings in them to begin with. They're not gonna add strings to songs that didn't originally have them. This isn't the Symphony & Rush tour, it's still a regular rock tour like they've always done.

1287.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 28 2012, 09:03 PM)

yes.gif

The only song I potentially see them adding strings to is Closer To The Heart. They have done everything else to this song including adding a jam at the end, alex playing the opening on an electric instead of an acoustic, etc. They might take the "risk" again with this song by adding strings to it.

Edited by dtpoet

QUOTE (rsmintzberg @ Aug 28 2012, 06:46 PM)

The Anarchist
Halo Effect
The Wreckers
The Garden
Mission
Losing It

MANHATTAN PROJECT!!!

1287.gif

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Aug 28 2012, 11:34 AM)
It was my understanding that the word went out that everything was to be kept under wraps until opening night. I was told not to expect any reliable inside info, pictures, etc. until then.

Of course though, you never can tell. Not everyone respects those types of requests.

I can say that the plan is to do approximately 6 songs with strings.

if only 6 songs with strings, I think they will go with these:

Clockwork Angels:

The Anrachist

Halo Effect

The Wreckers

The Garden

Non- CA songs

Losing It

Manhattan Project

However, I think they will play much more songs with strings if they are dragging them out with them on tour. I don't think they'll spend all that money on a string section and not utilize them. Now lets examin FOH Lights quote:

Now is that (Approximately) more than 6 or less? We don't know and is that in addition to the Clockwork Angel songs or Clockwork Angels songs. He didn't say in total did he?

Lets face it all we can gather from this is that there's a gag order in place and that they are utilizing strings cause this leak is a little vague!

yes.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 29 2012, 08:35 AM)
It was my understanding that the word went out that everything was to be kept under wraps until opening night. I was told not to expect any reliable inside info, pictures, etc. until then.

Of course though, you never can tell. Not everyone respects those types of requests.

Clockwork Angels:

The Anrachist

Halo Effect

The Wreckers

The Garden

Non- CA songs

Losing It

Manhattan Project

However, I think they will play much more songs with strings if they are dragging them out with them on tour. I don't think they'll spend all that money on a string section and not utilize them. Now lets examin FOH Lights quote:

Now is that (Approximately) more than 6 or less? We don't know and is that in addition to the Clockwork Angel songs or Clockwork Angels songs. He didn't say in total did he?

Lets face it all we can gather from this is that there's a gag order in place and that they are utilizing strings cause this leak is a little vague!

yes.gif

You forgot the 2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Brava Doh! @ Aug 29 2012, 08:37 AM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 29 2012, 08:35 AM)

Clockwork Angels:

The Anrachist

Halo Effect

The Wreckers

The Garden

Non- CA songs

Losing It

Manhattan Project

yes.gif

You forgot the 2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

This wasn't a celebration, more of a side-comment.

but if you missed it:

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

In my opinion, "strings" means at least 60/90 minutes of them on a 180m concert... not 6 songs.

Plus, they said they'll use double necks... maybe we'll see Xanadu with strings? 653.gif

Edited by Alexmai

QUOTE (dtpoet @ Aug 29 2012, 12:03 AM)

The only song I potentially see them adding strings to is Closer To The Heart. They have done everything else to this song including adding a jam at the end, alex playing the opening on an electric instead of an acoustic, etc. They might take the "risk" again with this song by adding strings to it.

great point and I agree. The band has all but said they're totally sick of playing this, but it's a stable that the casual fans really want, so adding some strings to it might make it much more interesting for Rush and appease the fans

QUOTE I think the only songs they'll do with strings are the songs that have strings in them to begin with. They're not gonna add strings to songs that didn't originally have them. This isn't the Symphony & Rush tour, it's still a regular rock tour like they've always done.

great point and I agree. The band has all but said they're totally sick of playing this, but it's a stable that the casual fans really want, so adding some strings to it might make it much more interesting for Rush and appease the fans

That's exactly what I'm thinking, LMTA. I have heard those statements as well. I would dare to say it was a factor to include strings on the tour in the first place. At some point a decision was in the balance. Naturally, you weigh the pros and cons. I think a CTTH arrangement with strings was enticing enough for them to add it to the pro list.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 28 2012, 07:03 PM)

Agree. I've said this all along. One of them said as much in one of the interviews I read.

Does it seem like they may have not given themselves enough rehearsal time?

Given the complexity of new material, plus the notion of synching with a string section, these are two relatively new endeavors for Rush. I would think they would have needed extra rehearsal time.