• Grace Under Pressure, 1984
    • Power Windows, 1985
    • Hold Your Fire, 1987
    • Presto, 1989
    • Roll the Bones, 1991
    • Counterparts, 1993
    • Test for Echo, 1996
    • Vapor Trails, 2002

For those of us that have come into existence during Rush's career (now, that ought to make 'em feel old!): select the album that best corresponds with your birth year! Then, to take it one step further, leave a comment picking your favourite song from that album; that song is your 'birthday song'!

*ahem* I'll begin. I came wailing into the world in 1982, so my album is Signals. My favourite song from that album... let's see... I think I'll go with 'Digital Man'. Thus, that's my birthday song!

note: yes, the poll choices end with Vapor Trails - I just don't see anyone under the age of 10 hanging out here.... But please do correct me if I'm wrong! wink.gif

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 26 2012, 04:38 AM)
Well mine changes every few years, because I'm 21 every year. This year it would be RTB...

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

Reminds of a friend of mine who recently celebrated her 11th annual 21st birthday....!

QUOTE (Mika @ Aug 26 2012, 04:22 AM)
For those of us that have come into existence during Rush's career (now, that ought to make 'em feel old!): select the album that best corresponds with your birth year! Then, to take it one step further, leave a comment picking your favourite song from that album; that song is your 'birthday song'!

*ahem* I'll begin. I came wailing into the world in 1982, so my album is Signals. My favourite song from that album... let's see... I think I'll go with 'Digital Man'. Thus, that's my birthday song!

note: yes, the poll choices end with Vapor Trails - I just don't see anyone under the age of 10 hanging out here.... But please do correct me if I'm wrong! wink.gif

Forget about making them feel old- this thread makes me feel old! fists crying.gif

As much as Presto gets dogged, it did start bringing in new fans. Renewed emphasis on the guitar, more hook-oriented music, and an updated, post-new wave look.

smile.gif

QUOTE (Strandberg @ Aug 26 2012, 12:05 PM)
Born in 93 so my album is Counterparts. Think Everyday Glory would serve as my birthday song, one of those beautiful Rush songs I just never get tired of. Lovely.

I wish I could have picked 'Everyday Glory'! Such an awesome song! wub.gif wub.gif

QUOTE (LyndseyG @ Aug 26 2012, 01:02 PM)
Er... I was born in 1979, which album do I go for? Hemi? Or PeW?

I can check which months those albums were issued in - that might help! I figured, though, if someone's birthday was caught between two albums, to go for which one you prefer! tongue.gif

Hmm, apparently Permanent Waves was released Jan. 01, 1980, and Hemispheres was Oct. 28, 1978. Hope that helps! smile.gif

Hold Your Fire. I think I'll go with Mission for my birthday song. Edited by ameherally

Good thread. I'm Counterparts. I was born in 93. I'm gonna go look up the release date and see how close i was.

If anyone responds Vapor Trails that's gonna be kinda weird. I sure as hell wasn't a pro forum-surfer at ten years old

Great thread!

I was born in 1990 so that is right between Presto and Roll the Bones. However, Presto's release date is closer to my birthday so I am going with that.

As for my birth song, it would have to be Show Don't Tell. It is the obvious standout on the record. It does not share the weaknesses that some of the other tracks have (weak guitar tone, cheesy vocals, etc.).

common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

Alright, so far we've got these songs as birthday songs:

Digital Man

Distant Early Warning

Half the World

Presto

Hemispheres

Everyday Glory

Test for Echo x2

Driven

Finding my Way

Mission