Is Clockwork Angels Rush's farewell?

That One Guy

Rush has been in a habit of making one album every five years now. Clockwork Angels is universally praised by critics, and highly appreciated by fans. The boys are all right around 59 years old. They've been on tour after tour, and this year marks number 3 in a row.

Rush went to a concept album format for this one, with Neil relaxing into his old science-fiction lyrics. Geddy admitted that "The Garden" was a new kind of song for the band, and it was. The whole album culminates as an impressive work, greater than the sum of its individual parts.

But what do you guys think? Is it the end of the road? The last tour ever? The last album ever? Is The Garden the last song we'll remember Rush by?

2.gif

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Aug 22 2012, 12:24 PM)
Is The Garden the last song we'll remember Rush by?

The Garden doesn't have to be anyone's last memory of the band. If Rush were to hang it up today, my last memory of the band would be the entire album, and how I played it over and over again, because I loved it so much. My best memory of the band will always be seeing them at Radio City Music Hall. Many, many great memories..... smile.gif

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Aug 22 2012, 12:32 PM)
If they intend to stay on their recent schedule of a new album every 5 years, then yes, I think its their last album.

They may tour more for income.

I am quite sure the guys do not need " more income". eyesre4.gif

Even in recent interviews it has been said that they still have the creative desire to continue to write music. whether that results in future full length albums is hard to say but my sense is they're not quite done. as for CA being the last tour, I find it even harder to believe that this would be the case but it's all going to come down to when Neil decides he's had enough. who knows when he will make that decision. I would be shocked if this tour wasn't followed up by an R40 tour. after that is anyone's guess.

well written post, BTW.

as long as they are alive and health permits, they will create music...Geddy has said so...touring, well that's another matter. they can't live without that creative elemental spark...it's who they are!!!

Here's to many more years!!! trink39.gif

QUOTE (canadianice @ Aug 22 2012, 12:44 PM)
If they intend to stay on their recent schedule of a new album every 5 years, then yes, I think its their last album.

You always need more income.

I believe Neil said as much once stating if he was to maintain his current lifestyle, he would have to continue touring. That's paraphrased.

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Aug 22 2012, 03:00 PM)

I believe Neil said as much once stating if he was to maintain his current lifestyle, he would have to continue touring. That's paraphrased.

I remember reading that as well. I think it was in Ghost Rider.

QUOTE (av450 @ Aug 22 2012, 03:30 PM)
If this is their last album The garden is a perfect way to end it all

I feel that way too... It kind of reminds me of Pink Floyd's last song on The Division Bell in 1994 - High Hopes. It would be a great send off, but of course we always want more. I think they will continue on, but who knows. Anything can happen...

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Aug 22 2012, 02:00 PM)

At roughly 28 million net worth for each of them, if he needs more income he is blowing it faster than he can make it. fists crying.gif

QUOTE (canadianice @ Aug 22 2012, 03:39 PM)

At roughly 28 million net worth for each of them, if he needs more income he is blowing it faster than he can make it. fists crying.gif

He may have to re-open bubba'S bar and grill to help make ends meet

I believe CA was Rush's last full "album". If they continue, I think they might record and release new material the same way they release Caravan/BU2B. In other words, just go the single route.

We have to be real. THey are all 60 or so. They have stated they will do 2 legs of this tour then take a long break. That will likely take us into 2014 or 2015 and approaching their mid-60's At that point I'd imagine the release of a few songs and maybe 1 more tour.

Edited by LeaveMyThingAlone

QUOTE (Shredder2 @ Aug 22 2012, 03:38 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Aug 22 2012, 02:29 PM)
QUOTE (greyfriar @ Aug 22 2012, 06:51 PM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Aug 22 2012, 06:48 PM)
no.gif

no.gif no.gif

no.gif no.gif no.gif

no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif

no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif

Its been known to happen. I don't know. He said it, not me.

Not to mention that 28 million net worth usually isn't what it sounds like.

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Aug 22 2012, 04:10 PM)

Its been known to happen. I don't know. He said it, not me.

Not to mention that 28 million net worth usually isn't what it sounds like.

Well, i for one wont be holding any charity events for them rofl3.gif

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Aug 22 2012, 04:04 PM)
QUOTE (Shredder2 @ Aug 22 2012, 03:38 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Aug 22 2012, 02:29 PM)
QUOTE (greyfriar @ Aug 22 2012, 06:51 PM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Aug 22 2012, 06:48 PM)
no.gif

no.gif no.gif

no.gif no.gif no.gif

no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif

no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif

Edited by The Mighty Dudad