Tai Shan

Snowman

Great little interview. I love interviews like these dont ask the same damn asinine questions!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I think I would walk out on Lou Reed as well. Specially after Genesis!

yes.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Aug 20 2012, 10:13 PM)
Great questions. I'm surprised he didn't know the last song on HYF.

High Water

Well, he said that there are quite a few songs he is not proud of. High Water could probably be one of the songs he tries o forget.

QUOTE (LedRush @ Aug 20 2012, 12:51 PM)
I actually like Tai Shan, but it probably isn't a great concert song anyway.

I too find it enjoyable, listened to it a couple of days ago. But on HYF it shares the bottom together with High Water.

It is certainly no song to play live.

QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ Aug 21 2012, 04:34 AM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 20 2012, 10:54 PM)
Great little interview. I love interviews like these dont ask the same damn asinine questions!

yes.gif

Very funny and refreshing interview. Insightful and frolicky in many ways.

I would like to hear Rush get creative with song fails of old. Surely they could re-write or re-create something. Fact is, with me, Rush makes great music, whether or not I like the lyrics or the way they are sung.

QUOTE (Snowman @ Aug 21 2012, 02:57 AM)
QUOTE (mazyyz @ Aug 20 2012, 10:13 PM)
Great questions.  I'm surprised he didn't know the last song on HYF. 

High Water

Well, he said that there are quite a few songs he is not proud of. High Water could probably be one of the songs he tries o forget.

Whats wrong with High Water? I happen to think it's one of the better songs off the album.

I never understood why Tai Shan is so maligned... I've always loved that song. I love every song on that album. But when it comes to playing songs from that album live, other than Force Ten, Time Stand Still and Mission, the only other song I would pick is Prime Mover.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Aug 21 2012, 11:04 AM)
I would like to hear Rush get creative with song fails of old. Surely they could re-write or re-create something. Fact is, with me, Rush makes great music, whether or not I like the lyrics or the way they are sung.

They seemed to be quite reluctant to play Camera Eye until the complete Moving Pictures on the last tour so I think they could pull just about any song out of the catalog and make it good if they wanted to. Or course with time your "want to's" tend to change.

High Water is awesome and I would welcome it. Tai Shan... not so much. I don't hate it, but I would rather hear something else.