The One thing that Clockwork Angels Lacks!

losingit2k

I know the Pedlar asks several times; "What do you lack?" ON Clockwork Angels

Where here it is:

The 5.1 Making of video that accompanied their last CD. I know right about now I could use a making of video of the recording of this incredible post MP masterpiece. It would be so great watching Nick conduct Neil through Headlong Flight, or watching Geddy just letting loose on the bass during 7Cog, Or Alex pieceing together that incredible lead during The Anarchist. Even the String section recording their magnificent part during The Wrecker would have been a feast for the eyes. This album has so many great moments that it truly a making of Video. Which IMHO is the only thing that the pedlar could provide. Like Below for Snakes & Arrow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY1veCiyfI4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy8EAljjYms&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I909wiy_tRw&feature=relmfu

2.gif yes.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Aug 19 2012, 03:50 PM)
I don't think the album is lacking anything, it's just excessive and redundant in certain areas is all.

i agree it's redundant in certain areas. they said they were going to strip down the sound which i think they did a little better but the repetition is still there along with some wordy lyrics that needed to be stripped down in certain areas.

Wrong.

It lacks "What do you lack?"

The lyric insert shows ii-The Pedlar 2 it to be between Headlong Flight and BU2B2.

It specifically notes 'the ever wandering pedlar' asking "What Do You Lack"...

But it ain't there. Nowhere to be found.

Somebody goofed.

I don't mind one bit; I just think it's an error.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 19 2012, 03:27 PM)

Where here it is:

The 5.1 Making of video that accompanied their last CD. I know right about now I could use a making of video of the recording of this incredible post MP masterpiece. It would be so great watching Nick conduct Neil through Headlong Flight, or watching Geddy just letting loose on the bass during 7Cog, Or Alex pieceing together that incredible lead during The Anarchist. Even the String section recording their magnificent part during The Wrecker would have been a feast for the eyes. This album has so many great moments that it truly a making of Video. Which IMHO is the only thing that the pedlar could provide.

2.gif yes.gif 2.gif

I agree 100%!!!

I really hope they do release footage on video of them recording this AWESOME album!

1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Aug 19 2012, 01:04 PM)
QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Aug 19 2012, 03:50 PM)
...it's just excessive and redundant in certain areas is all.

Hey look, it's a 70's rock critic talking about Rush.

It seems like redundant would be the opposite of how one would critique a 70's rush album

I avoid "Making Of" videos like the plague. I have zero interest in knowing how any album or film was made. For me, it destroys any mystique or mystery that the piece may have.

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Aug 19 2012, 05:29 PM)
I avoid "Making Of" videos like the plague. I have zero interest in knowing how any album or film was made. For me, it destroys any mystique or mystery that the piece may have.

That's actually a good point. Personally, I'm just extremely interested in the "behind the scenes" kind of deal. I love that kind of stuff. I don't think I've ever met anyone who has that sort of opinion with a logical way to back it up like that. Bravo. laugh.gif

And maybe they'll release a documentary or short 30 minute piece on the Clockwork Angels Tour DVD.

Where here it is:

The 5.1 Making of video that accompanied their last CD. I know right about now I could use a making of video of the recording of this incredible post MP masterpiece. It would be so great watching Nick conduct Neil through Headlong Flight, or watching Geddy just letting loose on the bass during 7Cog, Or Alex pieceing together that incredible lead during The Anarchist. Even the String section recording their magnificent part during The Wrecker would have been a feast for the eyes. This album has so many great moments that it truly a making of Video. Which IMHO is the only thing that the pedlar could provide.

2.gif yes.gif 2.gif

Great ideas for a thread. A spicy topic to say the least. The first thing that popped in my mind was the fact that Clockwork Angels lacks any competition for album of the year so far. It lacks a superior effort in the pantheon of Rush, meaning, it sits with the best they've ever put out.

You are right that a similar type making of video would hit the spot. Look at the pics of the recording sessions....cameras were present and the band is always looking to make a buck (good for them).

There's more to come I believe...here's to hope!

2.gif

trink39.gif

Eh, I watched the "making of" stuff with my copy of the Super Duper DVD limited edition of Snakes and Arrows like, once.

What CA needed was... more Moog synth! lol. No, seriously, Geddy's had his Moog Little Phatty synth perched on top of his keyboard rig for the last several years and I was hoping it would make its recorded debut on CA. Oh well, maybe next time!

Edited by Bangster of Goats

QUOTE (RushIslander @ Aug 19 2012, 05:00 PM)

Where here it is:

2.gif  yes.gif  2.gif

I agree 100%!!!

I really hope they do release footage on video of them recording this AWESOME album!

1022.gif 2.gif

I agree. I would be happy with just the 5.1 like S&A (which is smoking hot by the way), but the making of would be cool too.

As someone who doesn't understand the thread, I wouldn't have minded an instrumental.

Behind the scenes stuff CAN be great, if they're done well, but I also agree with this:

Bingo. Star Wars prequels, anyone?

QUOTE (sitboaf @ Aug 19 2012, 10:22 PM)
As someone who doesn't understand the thread, I wouldn't have minded an instrumental.

Behind the scenes stuff CAN be great, if they're done well, but I also agree with this:

Bingo. Star Wars prequels, anyone?

Star Wars, Lord of The Rings, Avatar, 2112, Clockwork Angels,....it's all pure fantasy. It appeals directly to one's imagination and willingness to "escape" real life, if only for an hour or two. Documentaries, especially about the films and their special effects, ruin that escapism for me. But I know that many people love to see how it's all made. Curiosity is just as strong as imagination.... smile.gif

I am sure we will get an studio docu like on S&A. There was a link in another thread showing and interview with Geddy and Nick acting as a gigant metronome for Neil. Noth sure what thread though.

I am sure we will get it. I just hope it will be at least twice as long!!

1022.gif

QUOTE (Snowman @ Aug 20 2012, 11:20 AM)
I am sure we will get an studio docu like on S&A. There was a link in another thread showing and interview with Geddy and Nick acting as a gigant metronome for Neil. Noth sure what thread though.

I am sure we will get it. I just hope it will be at least twice as long!!

1022.gif

Not that they're compensating?

unsure.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 19 2012, 01:27 PM)

Where here it is:

The 5.1 Making of video that accompanied their last CD. I know right about now I could use a making of video of the recording of this incredible post MP masterpiece. It would be so great watching Nick conduct Neil through Headlong Flight, or watching Geddy just letting loose on the bass during 7Cog, Or Alex pieceing together that incredible lead during The Anarchist. Even the String section recording their magnificent part during The Wrecker would have been a feast for the eyes. This album has so many great moments that it truly a making of Video. Which IMHO is the only thing that the pedlar could provide. Like Below for Snakes & Arrow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY1veCiyfI4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy8EAljjYms&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I909wiy_tRw&feature=relmfu

2.gif yes.gif 2.gif

You're right - I agree! biggrin.gif