Trailer Park Boys

That One Guy

So far season one is not that funny. I'll try to stick it out a little more.

I have always told newcomers to the show that the first few episodes really aren't funny. They're almost just setting up the rest of the series, introducing you to the characters, etc.

Season two gets better, as do sequentials. Seasons 5,7, and 8 are very hilarious.

I'm just waiting for it to get funny, at this point an episode ends and I question why I watched it. I'll give it more time since it came highly recomended.

the show's not really funny for the first couple of episodes, just setting up the plot and all. but if you don't find the premise interesting to begin with, or if you're more a fan of say, CBS sitcoms or something, you might just not be able to get into the show.

I'm sure there are exceptions to what I just said, but the people I've tried to show TPB to who are more into stuff like big bang theory and two and a half men tend to think TPB sucks. I don't know why.

I watched the 3rd episode of season two and found it more interesting. The boys were setting up a disco in J-Roc's trailer, I laughed a bit.
  • Like 1

So far season one is not that funny. I'll try to stick it out a little more.

I have always told newcomers to the show that the first few episodes really aren't funny. They're almost just setting up the rest of the series, introducing you to the characters, etc.

Season two gets better, as do sequentials. Seasons 5,7, and 8 are very hilarious.

Plus Bubbles isnt really fleshed out yet. He makes the series for me. The guy is just flat out funny. Dont know how he keeps his face like that so long.

Some of my favortie parts are ricky getting flummoxed and trying to sound like he has somethng important to say and he iust cant do it. You dont need rocket apiances to finish grade 9. If I can't smoke and swear I'm f$&@ed. I figured out how to grow weed thru denial and error,etc.

Season 8 is great snd Season 9 starts next week.

Season 9 is out, and hilarious. Maybe not quite as great as season 8 though. But at least they're not tarnishing their own reputation.

I going to start watching this on Netflix. Reviews to be ongoing.

I hope you guys are right

The seasons are short but the first two are not really anything great.

The end of season two is a good time to really decide if you find the show funny or not.

The last episode of season two has one of my favorite gags ever: Julian coming out of the rolled Bronco with a full drink.

• Like 2

I'm ready for Season 10. March 28th.

Season 9 came out at 3am (Eastern Time). Stayed up 'till midnight ready to start watching, but I guess it was midnight Pacific Time when it went live.

Season 9 came out at 3am (Eastern Time). Stayed up 'till midnight ready to start watching, but I guess it was midnight Pacific Time when it went live.

Hopefully it's a bit better than season 9, too. It was definitely a notch down from season 8.

March 28th! I look forward to some new RUSH gags!

If I were them I'd be asking for another cameo / guest appearance. Alex was gold in the 2003 episode.

Hopefully it's a bit better than season 9, too. It was definitely a notch down from season 8.

I preferred season 9 to season 8. The first couple episodes were weak but it got better.

Season 10 started weak then in episode two J-Roc returns all Cuban and hilarious. Lucy got a little fat and still has tits of a sparrow.
  • Like 1

Season 10 started weak then in episode two J-Roc returns all Cuban and hilarious. Lucy got a little fat and still has tits of a sparrow.

It gets better :LOL:

Didn't realize this thread was getting close to four years!

Edited by That One Guy

March 28th! I look forward to some new RUSH gags!

If I were them I'd be asking for another cameo / guest appearance. Alex was gold in the 2003 episode.

I believe they shot season 10 in late spring last year. Alex would have been fully tied up in rehearsals and possibly early shows for R40 at the time. So, I was thinking it was a big longshot for him to appear.

The last episode of season 10 was pretty good, bit, overall, I don't think this was their best season, outside of Mike Smith's performance.

I'm not a big fan of cameos, but Tom Arnold was pretty funny. Snoop was a let down (no freestyle rap at all) which is why I hate cameos.

Overall, I think the whole shtick of tpb has run its course, and I've begun to grow tired of it.