Trailer Park Boys

That One Guy

I was introduced to this show shortly after getting Netflix a year ago. Probably the best show about anything ever.

Part of what makes the show so funny to me are the constant running gags with every character. "Rickyisms" are everywhere, and listening to him try to justify anything is downright hilarious.

What do you guys think about the Canadian cable show with three friends in a Nova Scotia trailer park?

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 16 2012, 07:46 AM)
No. This is the best tv show ever:
http://siamtradingpost.com/blog2/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/david_carradine-03.jpg

Trailer Park Boys would be in the top 5 for best tv comedies ever though.
"I'm not a pessimist. I'm an optometrist."

Agreed. It's for sure not the best show. But it's def top 5 comedy shows.

It's pretty hard to beat Dexter, Breaking Bad, and Game of Thrones.

I love it too and also began with Netflix just about a year ago from advice from a friend. A shame it was never shown in the States (that I am aware of). Of course if it were on tv in the States, I'm guessing that it would be censured heavily and thus losing some of its 'magic'.

Saw the live show/tour in DC a few months ago. Great to be with like-minded people. I was certainly 'drunk as f**k' for the show also.

I just watched the 2006 movie last night for the first time, gonna go watch Countdown to liquor day soon here. After that and Say Goodnight To The Bad Guys i'll be tapped out of the series D:

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Aug 17 2012, 03:06 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Aug 17 2012, 12:43 AM)
I haven't seen either of the movies yet. Are they on Amazon?

I think one of the movies is on Netflix. Others are probably on Amazon.

Thanks..! smile.gif

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Aug 17 2012, 09:06 AM)

The first movie felt like a long episode from the series, with extra money floating around to make it nice.

Despite the equally "large" budget of the second film, in my opinion it was cheap, not funny, and confusing. Generally a bad note to end the franchise on.

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Aug 21 2012, 04:28 PM)

The first movie felt like a long episode from the series, with extra money floating around to make it nice.

Despite the equally "large" budget of the second film, in my opinion it was cheap, not funny, and confusing. Generally a bad note to end the franchise on.

So there were just two?

QUOTE (Babycat @ Aug 21 2012, 11:07 AM)
QUOTE (That One Guy @ Aug 21 2012, 04:28 PM)

So there were just two?

Technically they also made a pilot movie before the show in 1999. Distinguishable as being shot in black-and-white.

This show makes me laugh HARD. Side note, on my trip to Toronto earlier this year, I ended up at a downtown bar where the bartender said he had served Ricky and Julian at his last job. I dunno if it's true, but I want to believe it. Also, a waitress at that same bar said her friend (also a bar girl) made out with Ricky. It was great.

its excellent, amazing comedy from canada. Mixing pathos and truley funny moments, is a great skill, that's ultimately very compelling.

reminds me of the great british comedy 'fools and horses' in that respect.

'shit hawks' jim lahey is a hero laugh.gif great acting.

QUOTE (garden cat @ Sep 12 2012, 05:17 AM)
The obvious classic is when Ricky kidnaps Alex Lifeson...Ricky: play 'I Like to Rock'...Alex: that's April Wine...Ricky: then play that Diane Sawyer song!... laugh.gif

I need to see that episode. I've only seen a handful...of those they were all hilarious

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 14 2012, 07:07 AM)
QUOTE (garden cat @ Sep 12 2012, 05:17 AM)
The obvious classic is when Ricky kidnaps Alex Lifeson...Ricky: play 'I Like to Rock'...Alex: that's April Wine...Ricky: then play that Diane Sawyer song!... laugh.gif

I need to see that episode. I've only seen a handful...of those they were all hilarious

Hello JohnnyBlaze, below is the full episode, hopefully you can watch in your country, enjoy!

laugh.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Sep 13 2012, 09:32 PM)
Are the episodes on DVD? I've seen them all, but would like to see them again. It is a great show.

I bought the box set with everything included! Wasn't cheap at $90.00 from Barnes & Noble, but worth it for the laughs!!

smile.gif

Just yesterday it was confirmed via the TPB Facebook page that there will indeed be a 3rd full length movie. Shooting to begin in March.