RUSH Shows, Neil's changing things

brianb23

I look foward to the solo now, i also look foward to him Losing that Hat laugh.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 15 2012, 10:23 AM)
I look foward to the solo now, i also look foward to him Losing that Hat laugh.gif

Oh god the glare that will likely come off of his head. I guess that's why they're not recording this tour. laugh.gif

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Aug 15 2012, 10:58 AM)

Oh god the glare that will likely come off of his head. I guess that's why they're not recording this tour. laugh.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/black-guys-laughing.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 15 2012, 09:23 AM)

I hope the ear issue is fixed.

Those 'cans' look dorky.

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ Aug 15 2012, 10:12 AM)

Those 'cans' look dorky.

I think he only uses them when he has an ear infection . I hope his ears are clean for this tour laugh.gif

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Aug 15 2012, 09:58 AM)

laugh.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 15 2012, 10:13 AM)
QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ Aug 15 2012, 10:12 AM)

Those 'cans' look dorky.

I think he only uses them when he has an ear infection . I hope his ears are clean for this tour laugh.gif

http://www.sharonwheatley.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/shrek.jpg

QUOTE (The Vigilante @ Aug 15 2012, 10:30 AM)
Lol .. you people going to the show to hear good musicianship or are going to the show to grade for style points.

Clearly the style points. I can not begin to tell you how many times i walked out of a show because i did not agree with the bands choice of footwear

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 15 2012, 10:36 AM)
Lol ..  you people going to the show to hear good musicianship or are going to the show to grade for style points.

Clearly the style points. I can not begin to tell you how many times i walked out of a show because i did not agree with the bands choice of footwear

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 15 2012, 11:36 AM)
Lol ..  you people going to the show to hear good musicianship or are going to the show to grade for style points.

Exactly. I almost walked out during the time machine tour because they removed the washing machines. How else am I supposed to remember to do the laundry on Rush concert night?!

i would be blown away if he lost that hat and there was no big band music this tour. i'd also like to see him lose the electronic stuff but you can't have everything. tongue.gif

Edited by ReflectedLight

nothing new here. he improved the solo last tour also. he might get rid of the big band crap this time around. it's going to be more of the same every single night. he doesn't have much vocabulary at all. he will play the same drum ostinato in three. boom chick chick boom chick chick. same tambourine trigger. the drum solo is the perfect time to get a beer and take a pee.

QUOTE (shail @ Aug 20 2012, 03:31 PM)
nothing new here. he improved the solo last tour also. he might get rid of the big band crap this time around. it's going to be more of the same every single night. he doesn't have much vocabulary at all. he will play the same drum ostinato in three. boom chick chick boom chick chick. same tambourine trigger. the drum solo is the perfect time to get a beer and take a pee.

Agreed, I wish they would play another song or two instead of having the drum solo. It wore out its welcome long ago.

QUOTE (Apollo @ Aug 21 2012, 02:47 PM)
QUOTE (shail @ Aug 20 2012, 03:31 PM)

Agreed, I wish they would play another song or two instead of having the drum solo. It wore out its welcome long ago.

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif smash.gif

QUOTE (shail @ Aug 20 2012, 04:31 PM)

Maybe if you hate drums in general. Otherwise I disagree with most of what you posted, aside from the assumption that the waltz will be there--I'm sure it will be, because any drummer will tell you--playing 3/4 with your feet, and then wandering all over different time signatures with your hands at the same time is something very few drummers learn outside of hardcore jazz drummers. Why would any drummer not want to showcase the pinnacle of their achievements on the drums?

very familiar with ostinatos. could fill up this entire thread with tons of links of drummers playing them. terry bozzio plays some really complex ones. it's the one part of his solo i like just cause there is some independence going on. hey it's all good. just been there done that. not into it anymore. once you have heard everything tony williams, vinnie colaiuta, weckl, chambers, gadd, gavin harrison and a million others the stuff neil plays is... well you know.