Clockwork Angels Tour DVD

ShowgunSam

(There may have already been a topic about this, and if so, my apologies in advance and feel free to lock it.)

A two-pronged question:

1. Do you guys think that Rush will hire Sam Dunn and Scot McFadyen (Banger Films) again to produce the next live DVD?

2. Regardless of who they hire, would you rather it be filmed in the US, or elsewhere and why?

QUOTE (Amy Farrah Fowler @ Aug 14 2012, 05:58 PM)
I think they do a nice job. Not over produced. I can't stand watching stuff like this and it's changing camera angles so fast.

Yup. This drives me nuts about modern concert films.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Aug 14 2012, 07:29 PM)
Hometown gig would be great...

That's my guess since they're doing two shows there to get alot of footage, but I could be wrong!

2.gif 2.gif

cheer.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (sdhonda @ Aug 14 2012, 06:48 PM)
QUOTE (Amy Farrah Fowler @ Aug 14 2012, 05:58 PM)
I think they do a nice job.  Not over produced.  I can't stand watching stuff like this and it's changing camera angles so fast.

Yup. This drives me nuts about modern concert films.

I thought that the TM Tour video fell prey to this less than most releases, but I still wouldn't mind if things slowed down a bit (on cameras, not on music).

QUOTE (ShowgunSam @ Aug 14 2012, 03:49 PM)
(There may have already been a topic about this, and if so, my apologies in advance and feel free to lock it.)

A two-pronged question:

1. Do you guys think that Rush will hire Sam Dunn and Scot McFadyen (Banger Films) again to produce the next live DVD?

2. Regardless of who they hire, would you rather it be filmed in the US, or elsewhere and why?

I hope not.

They kept showing the same people in the audience over and over.

I would give cameras to the crowd and allow people to upload HD clips from iPhones etc. to a site, and they'd sign a release of course, then edit the video from that. Make it a true concert experience video.

Also, stop with the overuse of the high angle on Neil. Put a small HD camera in his hat and that would be a cool POV.

Plus more shots from backstage and the sidelines.

The worst editing ever was Rush in Rio YYZ opening, when they cut to the beat of the music. Very hacky.

I hope and pray they don't use Banger again. Time Machine's energy was unparalleled, but I think the true fact of the matter is that it wasn't shot with 'hardcore' fans in mind. Aside from the picture/color quality being fairly poor compared to R30 and S&A, I think it could've just been an extension to Beyond the Lighted Stage, where their real mission was to show the world that it's now 'cool' to like the band.

... oh, and now there are TONS of attractive females that show up as well.

I definitely think they will film a show. Probably Europe in 2013.

But god I hope they don't have the guys that did Time Machine do it. Time Machine was just not filmed well.

Trust me, I'm in film and TV, and its just so poorly shot from a live music standpoint.

Too much crowd, too many freaky angles, the flying blimp was a mistake, and I could go on and on.

Now S&A live. That was flawless. Whoever directed that should do the CA DVD.

I agree with a lot of what's been said already. I'm guessing that this one will be filmed in Europe. I think the Sweden date would be a good backdrop since it's a festival setting and will probably have a big and energetic crowd. I'd love it if it was the Toronto shows. Film both and take the best from both nights. I'll be at the first one and it would be cool to again be at a show that was filmed.

As much as I love Sam Dunn, I wasn't in love with the TM DVD. It did seem that the quality of it wasn't as good as it could have been. I was there and it was a monster show but the film just wasn't as good as I had hoped.

As much as I preferred the TM tour over S&A, the S&A DVD was a better product. It was crisp and clear, the lighting was just right. Cameras seemed to be in the right place at the right time.. I just though that TM was a better tour in general, and I'm sad that the DVD isn't as good as I though the tour was.

All that said, it's still cool to have a DVD of one of the shows I was at. For that the TM DVD is special.

QUOTE (MCM @ Aug 18 2012, 11:24 PM)
I agree with a lot of what's been said already. I'm guessing that this one will be filmed in Europe. I think the Sweden date would be a good backdrop since it's a festival setting and will probably have a big and energetic crowd. I'd love it if it was the Toronto shows. Film both and take the best from both nights. I'll be at the first one and it would be cool to again be at a show that was filmed.

As much as I love Sam Dunn, I wasn't in love with the TM DVD. It did seem that the quality of it wasn't as good as it could have been. I was there and it was a monster show but the film just wasn't as good as I had hoped.

As much as I preferred the TM tour over S&A, the S&A DVD was a better product. It was crisp and clear, the lighting was just right. Cameras seemed to be in the right place at the right time.. I just though that TM was a better tour in general, and I'm sad that the DVD isn't as good as I though the tour was.

All that said, it's still cool to have a DVD of one of the shows I was at. For that the TM DVD is special.

yes.gif

You do know that Geddy's brother Allen who produced Rush in Rio and R30 and S&A now works for Bangor films? So, my guess is they will continue to use them for this reason alone.

I hope that there is a DVD for us Australian fans.... We have never had a show from Rush, EVER!!!!!!

I collect all the live DVDs and albums in order to feel like I can see a live show. And I agree that Sam Dunn and Banger Films should do it, I have seen their work on Flight 666 (the Iron Maiden documentary/concert) and it is very well done.... It should also be done very early in the tour to capture the best of Geddy's voice as it wears out quickly, who agrees with me?