New Peart Interview

presto123

QUOTE (Sin City @ Aug 14 2012, 03:02 PM)
Two words. First amendment.

? Is the government unduly limiting the right to speech of an American citizen? No, a private individual is asking a Canadian to stfu. No amendments need be invoked.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (canadianice @ Aug 14 2012, 02:50 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 14 2012, 02:35 PM)
I'm at the point that if you've read one interview with Neil, you've read them all. Very repetitive material.

NeilFinal.gif I agree, just keep your cake hole shut and play the drums.

He was more interesting when he didn't discuss things outside the realm of drums or music

QUOTE (LedRush @ Aug 14 2012, 01:53 PM)
QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Aug 14 2012, 01:18 AM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Aug 13 2012, 09:41 PM)
QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Aug 13 2012, 07:48 PM)

A realization I had lately: it is impossible to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ and be a Republican.
ohmy.gif Go Neil! 1022.gif tongue.gif

Yeah! f**k christian republicans! Liars!

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

The other thread got moved already. Won't belong for this one.

Is "moved" a euphemism for "deleted"? If not, where was it moved?

It gets moved to SOCN, the political/religious mishmash of arguments, frustration, and heartbreak.

But really, these things usually get moved once it finally devolves into petty bickering and name calling instead of constructive discussion.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 14 2012, 02:54 PM)
I'm at the point that if you've read one interview with Neil, you've read them all. Very repetitive material.

Amen

So wow, Neil was in your living room and made you read this interview?? What does he smell like, aside fron right-wing Christian hate?

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Aug 14 2012, 03:25 PM)

He was more interesting when he didn't discuss things outside the realm of drums or music

You mean back in 1974?

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Aug 14 2012, 03:41 PM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Aug 14 2012, 07:54 AM)
Republicans just don't want to force people into helping others because it means more when it is voluntary.

z7shysterical.gif

seriously, a totally laughable comment.

Neil sure rubs right wingers in a wrong way.

I love it.

QUOTE (eshine @ Aug 14 2012, 03:34 PM)

Amen

So wow, Neil was in your living room and made you read this interview?? What does he smell like, aside fron right-wing Christian hate?

No, i did not read or do i care what his views are , i am not a fan of Any rock star spilling his bullshit about whats "Right or Wrong" in the world . Play your fu*king music and save that crap for your dinner table

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 14 2012, 03:45 PM)

Amen

No, i did not read or do i care what his views are , i am not a fan of Any rock star spilling his bullshit about whats "Right or Wrong" in the world . Play your fu*king music and save that crap for your dinner table

So, a world renowned musician, published author and prolific lyricist who has made his living writing about his own personal observations of the world and turing those observations into songs for the past 40 years should never actually talk about his own world veiw in an interview when asked a specific question?

oooookay...

Amen

And furthermore, I'm not a fan of anyone commenting on things they didn't read or see, like when people protest movies they didn't watch.

If you didn't read the interview your opinion of it is null and void.

QUOTE (eshine @ Aug 14 2012, 03:54 PM)

Amen

So, a world renowned musician, published author and prolific lyricist who has made his living writing about his own personal observations of the world and turing those observations into songs for the past 40 years should never actually talk about his own world veiw in an interview when asked a specific question?

oooookay...

He can say what ever he wants , does not mean i have to read it or like it. m k?

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 14 2012, 03:58 PM)
QUOTE (eshine @ Aug 14 2012, 03:54 PM)

Amen

oooookay...

He can say what ever he wants , does not mean i have to read it or like it. m k?

If it's such an indifference to you then why comment on it at all?

QUOTE (eshine @ Aug 14 2012, 03:58 PM)

Amen

And furthermore, I'm not a fan of anyone commenting on things they didn't read or see, like when people protest movies they didn't watch.

I am not just talking about this interview , all of them and not just Neil so please get over yourself. Find another board to troll and stir shit

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 14 2012, 04:05 PM)

Amen

I am not just talking about this interview , all of them and not just Neil so please get over yourself. Find another board to troll and stir shit

Challenging your comments isn't trolling, dude. I'm not attacking you personally.

You say you hate when musicians espouse their opinions, yet Rush does it every time Geddy opens his mouth and sings Neils lyrics. It's been that way for decades.

So I don't understand how any fan of the band would call into question Neil giving his own viewpoint when asked about it in an interview.

It seems that in the context of the music, people who don't agree with him can put his worldview aside. But when he actually talks about it in a clear and articulate manner, he just needs to "shut the f*ck up"

Makes no sense to me whatsoever.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 14 2012, 03:07 PM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Aug 14 2012, 03:04 PM)

Amen

Disagree with all above posters. biggrin.gif

laugh.gif But yeah, he should just shut up and play laugh.gif

So you will be buying his next dvd, 'Shut Up And Play Yer Drums'? laugh.gif No one can stifle Neil's freewill 1287.gif

QUOTE (eshine @ Aug 14 2012, 04:15 PM)

Amen

Challenging your comments isn't trolling, dude. I'm not attacking you personally.

You say you hate when musicians espouse their opinions, yet Rush does it every time Geddy opens his mouth and sings Neils lyrics. It's been that way for decades.

So I don't understand how any fan of the band would call into question Neil giving his own viewpoint when asked about it in an interview.

It seems that in the context of the music, people who don't agree with him can put his worldview aside. But when he actually talks about it in a clear and articulate manner, he just needs to "shut the f*ck up"

You made a mountian out of a mole hill, all i said was "Amen" You then started with your smartass comments . Troll on...............

QUOTE (eshine @ Aug 14 2012, 03:33 PM)
QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Aug 14 2012, 12:27 PM)
It seems clear that Neil's understanding of Christianity and Republicans is somewhat limited.

Hmm - no, he actually has them pegged and did it quite succinctly

eyesre4.gif

Ok, have a nice day.

QUOTE (Amy Farrah Fowler @ Aug 14 2012, 12:37 PM)
QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Aug 14 2012, 03:29 PM)
I don't think anyone should make a big deal about Neil's political opinions.  He's entitled to his opinions, and he's also entitled to be mistaken about a few things.  Each and every one of us could be convicted of being "wrong" about certain political issues or parties.  If Neil's opinion of the Republican Party is a little off-target, then so what? 

Who among us is 100% accurate in our opinions of the DEM's and REP's?  NO ONE - that's who.   

smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif

goodpost.gif

This is precisely why I wish folks we look up to would just do what they do best and not polarize themselves while discussing their product. wink.gif

I don't mind what he talks about at interviews or not. I care about the music. That's why I'm a fan of this band - not for Neil's blogs or books or interviews or any of the other non-music stuff.

Now what DOES bother me is when he decides to put really polarizing views on religion or politics in the music. And I'm not saying it just bothers me when it's a perspective I disagree with. I just hate the preachiness of it no matter what the point of view being expressed. I don't see the need for that kind of polarization, at least not for Rush.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 14 2012, 04:22 PM)

Amen

You made a mountian out of a mole hill, all i said was "Amen" You then started with your smartass comments . Troll on...............

I was replying to you and the other two posters before you.

I take exception to your opinions.

It's a messagboard.

Dismissing my counterpoint as mere "trolling" is weak.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 14 2012, 04:23 PM)
Now what DOES bother me is when he decides to put really polarizing views on religion or politics in the music. And I'm not saying it just bothers me when it's a perspective I disagree with. I just hate the preachiness of it no matter what the point of view being expressed. I don't see the need for that kind of polarization, at least not for Rush.

If that's his veiwpoint then why shouldn't he express it in his lyrics?

I will take Neil's honestly over a watered down, "I don't want to offend anyone" version any day.

That's not what this band is about.

QUOTE (eshine @ Aug 14 2012, 04:32 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 14 2012, 04:22 PM)

Amen

I was replying to you and the other two posters before you.

I take exception to your opinions.

It's a messagboard.

Dismissing my counterpoint as mere "trolling" is weak.

Nah , i have plenty of discussions here and have no problems, no trolling . You are looking for shit as always . Go stir your crap somewhere else . You take exception to my opinions ? Like Amen ? That's your prob . Enjoy

QUOTE (eshine @ Aug 14 2012, 05:36 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 14 2012, 04:23 PM)
Now what DOES bother me is when he decides to put really polarizing views on religion or politics in the music.  And I'm not saying it just bothers me when it's a perspective I disagree with.  I just hate the preachiness of it no matter what the point of view being expressed.  I don't see the need for that kind of polarization, at least not for Rush.

If that's his veiwpoint then why shouldn't he express it in his lyrics?

I will take Neil's honestly over a watered down, "I don't want to offend anyone" version any day.

That's not what this band is about.

He's just no longer creative. It's got nothing to do with his rights to express his viewpoints. But after hearing the same viewpoint over and over, it gets boring.

anybody who is that repetitive is boring no matter who or what you are.