SPOILER From RIAB

snowdog212

No effing way they play (alliteration anyone?) 5 from MP. TS & YYZ to be sure but 5? Don't buy it especially after the last tour.

I do, however, believe not playing Caravan & BU2B to make room for most of the rest of CA. Considering the trouble making WTW and Peart's "I hate that stupid song" comment during recording of it I don't see it making the cut.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Aug 12 2012, 10:49 AM)
No effing way they play (alliteration anyone?) 5 from MP. TS & YYZ to be sure but 5? Don't buy it especially after the last tour.

I do, however, believe not playing Caravan & BU2B to make room for most of the rest of CA. Considering the trouble making WTW and Peart's "I hate that stupid song" comment during recording of it I don't see it making the cut.

I agree, 5 songs from MP right after the TTMT is a bit much and benching Caravan & BU2B in lieu of TWT and BU2B2 is a step in the wrong direction. They should just play the whole thing and bench 2 songs from MP.

unsure.gif

What is the source for Neil making that comment about WTW? I'd like to read that. trink39.gif

QUOTE (worthog @ Aug 12 2012, 12:08 AM)
If you consider the Time Machine Tour as the Clockwork Angels tour warm-up, then their setlist history shows that they don't change the setlist all that much between the two, hence 5 MP they already know to offset the CA songs they have to learn, idk about Caravan and BU2B being dropped though, but maybe they feel that we have heard it enough...unlike Witch Hunt doh.gif

Except that TMT was not a warm up tour at all. They haven't done a warm up tour since the 80s, and they all lasted 2 or 3 weeks, at most.

It was closer to R30, in that it was going out for the hell of it. And they are compelled to put out something new every time, even if it is just a few songs.

QUOTE (sdhonda @ Aug 12 2012, 03:01 PM)
QUOTE (worthog @ Aug 12 2012, 12:08 AM)
If you consider the Time Machine Tour as the Clockwork Angels tour warm-up, then their setlist history shows that they don't change the setlist all that much between the two, hence 5 MP they already know to offset the CA songs they have to learn, idk about Caravan and BU2B being dropped though, but maybe they feel that we have heard it enough...unlike Witch Hunt  doh.gif

Except that TMT was not a warm up tour at all. They haven't done a warm up tour since the 80s, and they all lasted 2 or 3 weeks, at most.

It was closer to R30, in that it was going out for the hell of it. And they are compelled to put out something new every time, even if it is just a few songs.

Compelled to put out something new!

Now that's intergrity! You have to love RUSH!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I interpreted Neil's comment to mean that it was a difficult song for him to play - not that he hates the song or thinks it's a bad song. It would be for that reason, difficult and challenging, that WTW would make it on the list. JMHO.

I wouldn't put it past them to do 5 from mp...They are well rehearsed and 3 of them are staples. TCE only got 1 tour. VS hasn't been played that much...it could happen.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Aug 13 2012, 01:43 PM)
I wouldn't put it past them to do 5 from mp...They are well rehearsed and 3 of them are staples. TCE only got 1 tour. VS hasn't been played that much...it could happen.

Actually if they play 5 from MP I thibk they will be:

Tom Sawyer

Red Barchetta (With Strings)

YYZ (With Strings)

Limelight (With Strings)

and

Witch Hunt (With Strings) or The Camera Eye (With Strings)

It would be pretty cool if they open up with a String Overture of most of the songs. Regardless, Sept 7th is going to be a very interesting no matter what happen. I wish I were at that show!

yes.gif

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Aug 12 2012, 11:36 AM)
No effing way they play (alliteration anyone?) 5 from MP. TS & YYZ to be sure but 5?  Don't buy it especially after the last tour.

What is the source for Neil making that comment about WTW? I'd like to read that. trink39.gif

In his essay on the making of CA, on his website I believe.

QUOTE (thizzellewashington @ Aug 13 2012, 06:45 PM)
Dropping Caravan and BU2B is a pretty dumb idea.

I agree 100%, I don't think this will happen. Its equal to dropping Subdivisions and Analog Kid from Subdivisions on the signals tour!

no.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 13 2012, 10:14 PM)
QUOTE (thizzellewashington @ Aug 13 2012, 06:45 PM)
Dropping Caravan and BU2B is a pretty dumb idea.

I agree 100%, I don't think this will happen. Its equal to dropping Subdivisions and Analog Kid from Subdivisions on the signals tour!

no.gif

Yup. These rumors are terrible. I'd hate to see any of the above

Caravan and BU2B came off great live and are 2 staples of the album, and 2 of my favorites. And I've definitely had enough Moving Pictures. YYZ and Limelight is fine

I don't see this happening.

Caravan and BU2B not being featured on the official tour of the album they're on? no.gif

As for Moving Pictures, TS, Limelight, and YYZ are pretty much a given. Anything else on there has a fair shot, but I just don't think they will. My vote would go to Vital Signs if they do though.

QUOTE (Echoes @ Aug 14 2012, 12:38 AM)
I don't see this happening.

Caravan and BU2B not being featured on the official tour of the album they're on? no.gif

As for Moving Pictures, TS, Limelight, and YYZ are pretty much a given. Anything else on there has a fair shot, but I just don't think they will. My vote would go to Vital Signs if they do though.

I think Red Barchetta has a good chance, Much of the keyboard parts on that song already sound like strings.

yes.gif

QUOTE (Brava Doh! @ Aug 14 2012, 06:30 PM)
If they liked the remaster of Mission that came out a while back, that version is made to do live with a string section...if they remember doing it like that, and like it.

Mission would sound really good with strings!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 14 2012, 10:01 PM)
If they liked the remaster of Mission that came out a while back, that version is made to do live with a string section...if they remember doing it like that, and like it.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Have you heard the remaster out of IIRC the Sectors box set?

If you haven't, find it and check it out. It's a natural for this tour, IMO.

Depends if they remember they had all of that in there back when they wrote it.

QUOTE (snowdog212 @ Aug 10 2012, 10:56 PM)
Just a little bit about possible setlist songs I am bummed if 5 songs from MP make it into the setlist

Some tour setlist rumors are also finally starting to trickle in. The latest bit of news I've heard is that the band plans on playing all of the Clockwork Angels album minus Caravan and BU2B, both of which were thoroughly covered back on the Time Machine tour. I've also heard the unsurprising news that 5 songs from Moving Pictures will be included in the setlist. It's still relatively early though, so things could certainly change. As always, take these rumors with a big grain of salt.

Caravan is the Subdivisions of CA.

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ Aug 15 2012, 11:17 AM)
QUOTE (snowdog212 @ Aug 10 2012, 10:56 PM)
Just a little bit about possible setlist songs I am bummed if 5 songs from MP make it into the setlist

Some tour setlist rumors are also finally starting to trickle in. The latest bit of news I've heard is that the band plans on playing all of the Clockwork Angels album minus Caravan and BU2B, both of which were thoroughly covered back on the Time Machine tour. I've also heard the unsurprising news that 5 songs from Moving Pictures will be included in the setlist. It's still relatively early though, so things could certainly change. As always, take these rumors with a big grain of salt.

Caravan is the Subdivisions of CA.

I agree 100%!

yes.gif

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

mission with strings? wow they'd be spoiling us. sarcasm.gif

that's a definite pee break.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Aug 15 2012, 05:54 PM)

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Reflected, If the rumors hold true and there will be strings thoughtout, I suggest you just drink a gallon of water or beer right before the show so you can just have one long eternal Pee Break. Then Rinse and Repeat at the intermission. Come back during the encore with beer in hand just case there are strings in that as well. We feel you brother. You don't like the strings.

I suggest You contact Dooffenshmirtz and obtain a

Stringeliminator-inator!

laugh.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Aug 15 2012, 05:54 PM)

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Alex's solo tho.....

One of my favs of his.